sixteen

strange love

My hands around the bed and after minutes of aimless grabbing, I wake up to realize that Seokjin's not here. “Kookie?” I shout, but there's no reply. Great people. They left me alone.

I check my phone and see that it's 6 PM. Had I really slept for 3 hours? Seokjin must have seen me drooling. Or sleeptalking. Or—oh gosh. No. I'm not even gonna go there.

Pushing that thought to the back of my head, I unlock my phone and see two messages from Jungkook and one from Seokjin. I open Jungkook's first.

Jungkook
im like outside with jimin and jin hyung is outside too idk but were not in the same place

Jungkook
jin hyung cooked smthing,, just eat that if ur hungry

Smiling to myself, I type a reply.

Taehyung
ooOoOooOoOoooOOOhhh with jimin ;););) enjoy

Seokjin
Hey, I'm sorry for leaving you :-( PD-nim called and I have to do smthig for him. I'll come back later though, Jungkook ah gave me his keys. And there's food at the table if you get hungry. Don't miss me too much ;)

Taehyung
alrighty i'll just entertain myself then :(:

Neither of them reply. I understand. They're probably busy, so I open the Tumblr app with a sense of underlying dread. Tumblr doesn't feel all that nice anymore, really, especially after the posts from earlier.

My lips curl in dismay when I see that SuJin is trending. It's so pathetic—well, I'm pathetic for being jealous and calling it pathetic, but a jealous Taehyung is no different from an irrational Taehyung. It's so painful. She's pretty and tall and her hair is gorgeous and her figure is perfect and she's perfect; she's even the leader of this girl group and... I just don't see how Seokjin could say that I'm prettier than Choi Sunae.

I thought I felt insecure until I saw the pictures. Like, I always got jealous when Seokjin hung out with people other than Bangtan, but I got over it easily—but now that I actually know him? It gets really hard to control my feelings.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm being pretty stupid right now, considering Seokjin and I are just friends and the farthest and closest we've gotten was a bath. But that didn't change the fact that I really didn't want him looking at anyone else romantically. He was at a cafe with her right now and some people there were liveblogging it. There were these pictures of them sitting across from each other and smiling.

I wasn't even this jealous when my crush kissed my ex best friend when I was like, 14-ish. And 14 years old was a very emotional, angsty time for me. But this—SuJin and the fact that almost all ARMYs approved of it, it overwhelmed me.

I close the Tumblr app a little too aggressively and punch Jungkook's speed dial and he picks up in a few seconds.

“Hey,” he says, and I listen closely for anything I can pick up on. He's breathing heavily, but that's all I can observe.

“Hi,” I say, “what are you doing? You sound like you're doing some... vigorous activity.”

“I know you didn't call to check up on me, hyung,” his breathing slows, “Make it quick.”

I groan. “Seokjin is out with Sunae. He left me for Sunae.”

“You're so dramatic. He left your bed so he could go out with Sunae, you mean. He's not like that.” I hear a creak and muffled giggles and I raise an eyebrow.

“Well, what am I supposed to do?” I pout, chucking a pillow against the wall in my own misery.

“Text him. Ask him what he's doing.”

“He won't reply, Kookie, he's out with Sunae and that's rude,” I say, but I kinda wanna do that. “Besides, I already know what he's doing.”

“He doesn't know that you know—Jimin!” It's a cross between a moan and a squeal and my eyes widen in realization. “That was nothing,” he laughs nervously, “just, um... If he tells you the truth then that means he obviously likes you more.”

“Uh, okay,” I nod, already wanting the call to end because the sounds were distracting and it's really hard to imagine your best friend in that situation—“I'll just, hang up now... okay, bye.”

“Bye—” he hangs up before he even finishes and I'm thankful for that because I was getting more uncomfortable by the second. I'm glad he's getting somewhere with Jimin, though.

Taehyung
jinnieeeeee wyd i'm bored :<

Seokjin
I told manager-hyung I wouls treat his daughter becUse its her bday in a frw days

Taehyung
why are you typing like that

I open the Tumblr app again to see pictures of Seokjin smiling down at his phone. That alone washes all previous thoughts away, and I find myself smiling too. Do you see how fast my anger evaporates when it comes to Seokjin?

Seokjin
Im tuping with ome hand

Taehyung
you're really bad at that then

Seokjin
I'll get to you in a bit ok? Im sorryyy i promise I'm all ypurs when I get there

Taehyung
okay :-)

I feel much, much better after, no longer bothered by the posts on Tumblr. I decide to get up from my bed for once and walk to the kitchen, finding something on the table along with a note.

Eat well <3 
- the most handsome guy in the world

I roll my eyes but a smile makes a way to my face when I see the bowl of japchae on my table, my stomach rumbling a little at the sight. I find it heartwarming that he cooked my favorite dish, though; did I tell him that I loved japchae? Did he take a guess? Did he ask Jungkook? I chalked it up to a coincidence and put it in the microwave.

Taehyung
the japchae smells amazing ahsjdkjfks i'm gonna eat brb THANK YOU SO MUCH

Seokjin
You're welcome ^^

It tastes as good as it looks and soon I find myself finishing the entire dish and feeling a lot better than I did this morning. My body temperature is considerably better and my headache has toned down a bit. I didn't even need much medicine in the first place. The cure was Kim Seokjin. Seriously, Seokjin makes everything better. My anger and sadness is nonexistent with Seokjin and he even made my fever go away. He's like a fairy godmother.

Taehyung
hey my fever is a lot better now. turns out i was just sleepy and hungry

Seokjin
Really? Good, cause the weather is perfect and it would be a waste not to take you out tonight.

Taehyung
give me a hint so i know what to wear

Seokjin
You won't be needing much clothes x

 

 


ooh :0
thank you for reading this chapter! i appreciate every little thing, from the comments to the readers to the subscribers hehe ❤️
and what happened to jikook