twenty two

strange love

Seokjin and I get home by 4:30 PM, our stomachs completely full and bloated. I bet I gained weight. But weight doesn't matter if Seokjin was there gaining it with you.

"I'm so full," I say, laying my head on Seokjin's lap while he leaned his head back, closing his eyes. Wow. People from this angle look unattractive but, as always, Seokjin looks perfect. Even if he has no makeup on and barely even combed his hair and he just ate a ton of food, there is no sign of unattractiveness. So good looking. I'm blessed.

"You're staring again," he mumbles, opening his eyes to look at me.

"I can't help it. Like always."

"I could say the same for you." He lazily traces circles on my jawline and down my neck. "Sometimes I wonder how I'm even able to resist."

I hold his other hand and close my eyes. "Resist what?"

"You. And telling you certain things I can't tell you. Not now, at least."

"How long am I gonna wait?" I murmur, my heartbeat increasing pace by the second.

"Only you can tell." I open my eyes and there's sadness in his.

"Hey," I sit up, cupping his cheek in my hand. "What's wrong?"

"I wish I could tell you. I really do." He's avoiding my eyes.

"Look at me. Gosh, Seokjin, you're making it harder for yourself. You can tell me, you're just under this delusion that you couldn't," I say and I mean it. He can just tell me everything I don't know that he and Jungkook and Sunae and the whole world knows, and then it'll be easier on us.

"It won't be the same."

I let go of his hand. "You're really not gonna tell me."

"I will."

"No, I get it. It's fine."

"We're home," Jungkook says, unlocking the door and walking in with Jimin.

"Hey."

"Hi," Jimin smiles that million-dollar smile and bows, "Do you remember me?"

"No, do you remember me?"

"I do," he giggles—giggles—and I turn my head to see Jungkook and Seokjin already engaged in that serious eye conversation. I inwardly roll my eyes.

"Are you hungry? Let's go to the kitchen," I grab his wrist and drag him to my kitchen. I slam the door shut.

"Is something wrong?" he asks in concern, tilting his head.

"Everything is wrong," I sigh, plopping down on the kitchen floor. He sits with me, even if there are chairs and it's uncomfortable.

"Why?"

"There's something Jungkook and Seokjin aren't telling me and it's driving me crazy. What is so important that they've had it planned for two months?" I scratch my head. "I always feel like a clueless outsider when they're talking without words."

"There's a reason they're not telling you, Taehyung," he says simply, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"You know too."

"Hey," he places a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry too much about it. It'll be worth the wait, I promise you," he smiles.

"Really?"

"Really." He nods, getting up. "Don't worry too much about it. Seokjin loves it when you smile."

I'm unable to hold my smile back and I bite my lower lip. "He tells me that every time," Jimin says, giving me a knowing look and helps me get up.

"Thanks for listening to me rant," I say sheepishly. "It was out of nowhere and we're not even that close."

"You're welcome. And I want to talk to you more because you're fun," he says, opening the kitchen door.

"Not as fun as strip Pokémon, I'll bet." I give him a knowing look and he blushes instantly.

"It's Strip Pokermon."

"That's creative," I laugh and see that Seokjin and Jungkook are done with that damn conversation. I sit down on Seokjin's lap because Jimin raced me to the last spot on the couch and also because I want to.

"I'm sorry," he says, resting his chin on the crook of my neck. I seat myself further backwards until my is touching his stomach. Definitely not his stomach. "You're doing this on purpose," he mumbles, his lips just barely touching my shoulder.

"Yeah, I am," I smile, rolling my hips just a little bit. "Oops."

"You know what?" His lips move below my ear, grazing on my jaw. "I take it back. I'm not sorry."

"Can you guys not?" Jungkook cringes.

"Shh, it's hot," Jimin whispers and I burst out in laughter, getting off Seokjin's lap and settling on the floor. My head's between his thighs, but not in the way he wants it to be.

"I am going to crush your head with my thighs if you don't stop," Seokjin says.

"I wouldn't mind dying if that's the cause." I tilt my head back, smiling sweetly.

"Alright, kids," Jungkook says, "we are going to break inside an abandoned amusement park when it gets dark. Last time I checked, the rides still work and we didn't get arrested, simply because we didn't get caught."

"When was the last time you checked?" I raise an eyebrow.

Jungkook hums a tune I don't recognize. Yeah, that really answers my question.


 

We're in the chain-link fence when it's 1 AM and I literally can't see my own hands because the moon decided to ditch us on our mission. Smart Jimin is smart and brought flashlights. It makes me feel as if I'm walking right into my own arrest for trespassing. Ah, I feel so much younger. Like I'm in high school.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Jungkook asks from the other side of the fence. "Climb over."

Jimin goes first, and Seokjin refuses to get in before I do. So I kind of try to climb but I fail miserably and fall on my .

"You're hopeless," Seokjin clicks his tongue and helps me up. "Stand on my shoulders."

"Ah, perfect! It's like standing on a concrete floor. Your shoulders are so big," I babble, gripping the top of the fence even if it's ragged and wiry and it hurts my hands and I jump, getting to the other side. Seokjin gets in without breaking a sweat.

"The rollercoaster is really the only thing worth riding here," Jungkook says, already walking ahead of us.

"I can think of one thing worth riding," I say, eyes on Seokjin, but he can't see because it's dark. See, I knew there was a reason we went out at 1 AM. So that I could make all the innuendos and dirty jokes without having to deal with Seokjin's eyes.

"Yes, but I haven't even taken you to dinner yet," Seokjin says, finding a way to hold my hand even without the flashlight.

"I wasn't talking about you," I lie, my hand swaying back and forth with Seokjin's as we walk.

"But you were staring at me while talking about things worth riding."

"Oh. You saw."

"I don't need the light to know where your hand is or where your eyes are looking." Seokjin pulls me closer to him as we near the rollercoaster. "That's how well I know you."

"Sure," I say as we finally get to the roller coaster. "Um... I'm not riding that."

"Yes, you are," Seokjin says with a straight face, getting on the platform. I suppose I'll be fine. It's with Seokjin, anyway, and if I die in this roller coaster, at least I died holding Kim Seokjin's hand.

By unanimous decision, Jimin and Jungkook sat in the very back while Seokjin and I sat in front. I had a lot of protests, but when does Jungkook listen to my complaints anyway—so now I'm trapped here, the safety bar locked and I feel like I'm about to piss myself.

I tuck my feet in below the seat and I heard peculiar rolling sound. I gasp.

"What is it?" Seokjin asks when I reach down for the three unopened vodka bottles on our cart's floor. "Oh, no. No. Put that back."

"Why?" I pout, keeping the bottles safe in my lap.

"Those are expired."

"Vodka can last for decades if kept away from direct sunlight, you know," I say, gripping the necks of the bottles. "Which, in this case, it was kept seated under this very cart. It's okay to drink it."

"Yes, but you're 21."

"You're making no sense," I poke him in the side. "Legal drinking age is 19. What are you fighting for?"

"You're dangerous when you're intoxicated."

I laugh when Jungkook hits the controls and the ride starts moving while he rushes back to his seat. "How do you know that?"

"I can already imagine," he shrugs, "A drunken Kim Taehyung is something I don't want to deal with."

"Today's not your lucky day, then," I say, uncapping the bottle and taking a swig of the vodka.

"Wh—" he takes the bottle from me, "Not on the roller coaster! You'll puke on my shoes."

"I have a strong stomach," I insist, taking the bottle from him. "I won't puke if you hold my hand."

"I don't understand your logic at all," he sighs, taking my hand. "We hold hands a lot."

"Your hands are beautiful," I shrug, taking another sip. "Want some?"

"Later, when the ride is finished." The cart is moving faster, lots of fast turns and my stomach flipped a little once I saw an incoming loop. "And no one's ever told me my hands are beautiful."

"Your hands are beautiful." I repeat, the wind whipping our hair backwards as the liquid spilled a little from the bottle. "You have beautiful hands."

He's silent, his eyes on me the whole time even as we're nearing the loop. I drink as much as I can, trying to dull my senses before I completely break Seokjin's fingers with how tight I'm gripping his hand and I'm upside down, the bottle is upside down and there's vodka everywhere and my eyes are closed and my stomach is steel and Seokjin, Seokjin I'm going to die, there's another loop. Seokjin's arm is wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him on one side and I open my eyes once we're on a flat surface again, my stomach twisting uncomfortably. My hand is frozen on the bottleneck, still too paralyzed to move.

"I hate roller coasters," I say once I'm able to breathe again, craving the heavy taste of the alcohol once more.

"Are you okay?" Seokjin asks, "You look pale."

"I'm pretty sure my blood evaporated when we went through that loop. But hey," I drink, "at least I can say I'm having fun."

 

A few more minutes of that death ride later and I'm sitting on a bench, have no idea what I'm thinking, and I've finished the bottle. My clothes are wet with vodka. Pretty boy is scratching his head. Wait, there are three pretty boys. I'm surrounded with pretty boys and their names all start with J. "How do I deal with this?" the most attractive one asks.

"Nae-ga geu-rin geu-rim eun mok-e gin girin geu-rim ego, ne ga geu-rin geu-rim eun ko-ga gin ko-kki-ri geu-rim e-da," I sing.

"Did he just say a tongue twister?" the short Chinese boy asked. But he asked in Korean.

"He was singing about giraffes and elephants and long things," the blurry tall person in the back said.

"I like long things!"

"You heard that, Seokjin. Take good care of him." Chinese boy and the tall Blurryface are gone. They walked away.

"Let's drink some more." I'm clapping. Seokjin sighs, giving in and he takes a bottle.

 

We're wasted and intoxicated! I'm not that different from myself when I'm sober, actually, so there's not much that changed except I actually sound stupider, but Seokjin is fun to watch when he's playing air hockey with me, cursing once every 5 seconds because I'm so good at hockey.

"You're not supposed to throw the mallet at me."

"I play how I want to," I slide the puck on his side, going a little cross-eyed from following it. I hear gunshots. "Gunshots!"

"Oh, please, those are not gunshots, you fish—" Seokjin rolls his eyes. "Jimin and Kungjook are probably firing fireworks or something."

"What else would they do with the fireworks?" I look up to see the starless sky. Red! Blue! Green! This is absolutely amazing. Where did they even get firecrackers?

It's silent, only the sound of pop pop pop until there are heavy footsteps—chill, damn—running toward us and I see Jimin boy again, with Jungjook in tow.

"Cops," Jimin says, and I scratch my head.

"What?"

"There are cops!" Jungkook repeats. Ah. I remember his name. He is always there for me when I need him.

"Well, why did you release fireworks in the first place?" Seokjin asks, rolling his eyes again. Wow, talk about attitude. Just because he's drunk doesn't mean he can act like a total diva.

"That doesn't matter!" Jimin says when we catch sight of the officers, oh, thank the heavens there are only two—and I remain standing still, leaning on the table while Jimin and Kungjook separated from us like rats (those rats) and Seokjin grabbed me so harshly— "That was my tit!" I pout when he pulls me, running at full speed while I staggered behind him.

We manage to outrun the cops. Red Bull does give you wings! I wonder if Hoseok would care to endorse the horse... That rhymes. "Wait, where are w—" Seokjin hushes me by putting a finger on my mouth. By instinct, I start .

"Taehyung, what—"

"Shh." I know what I'm doing, so I maintain eye contact with him in the dark while my tongue swirls around his fingers; and we crouch further behind the gaming booth, stuffing ourselves further inside the corner in the brick wall that hid us. I feel hazy, and my tongue is just playing with his fingers or his fingers are playing with my tongue; I don't know the difference. My eyesight's blurry and my face is hot. Seokjin's skin is hot, too, when I place a hand on his thigh and my lips are probably shiny and slick with saliva and this is kind of weird but neither of us are stopping, anyway.

I pull my head back, smiling up at him and his fingers leave my mouth with a wet pop. Nice, but he's looking at the wall behind me.

I'm not smiling anymore when I turn to see what's got his attention. Carved in the brick are those same three words again; KTH Summer '11.


 

ohm my gog those two need to chill