fourteen

strange love

My eyes open slightly and flashes of last night come running into my head instantly. The thought of seeing Seokjin again made butterflies swim in my stomach and I burrow further into my blankets, my heart thudding as I recalled hugging Seokjin and running until we run out of breath and shivering in the car. Had I really spent my whole day yesterday with Seokjin? Because really, it feels like a dream.

"Are you up now?" Jungkook pouts, pressing all of his weight on me. "Please be awake."

"Get off of me, please," I croak, only realizing now that my throat is filled with phlegm and that I had a headache, and I softly push him off the bed.

"Are you hungry? I made pancakes," he says, getting the tray from the coffee table.

I sit up and try to reach for the tray but my arms flop to my bed, twitching and too tired to move. "Please feed me."

"Okay," Jungkook shrugs, giving me a spoonful of pancake while I chew, unmoving, like a dead fish. The pancake is good, though.

"I'm so tired," I say after swallowing, "we ran 57 floors downstairs."

He raises an eyebrow, giving me another spoon. "Why did you run 57 floors?"

"Because," I begin, chewing and swallowing, "we illegally entered the skyscraper and threw water balloons at each other and at some people walking by the tower, and I threw a water balloon at the security guard and he was chasing us, so we ran."

"... Damn, I should have gone with you guys," he comments, feeding me again.

"Why? What did you do while we were gone?" I ask, mouth still stuffed with food.

"Well," he smiles, shifting his position to one I am very familiar with; when he shifts his legs and straightens his back, it means there's some good gossip he's about to tell. "Jimin and I sat on the couch eating Chinese food."

"Are you sure nothing else happened on the couch, considering you're that type of person?" I ask jokingly, before he gives me a look.

"No more pancakes for you."

"Damn, I'm sorry. Continue," I say and he shoves the entire remaining pancake in my mouth to keep me silent. I chew.

"And he was feeding me and stuff," he grins stupidly, "and... it was pretty gay."

I nod. It does sound pretty gay.

"And we just spent the rest of the evening watching K-dramas and eating Cheetos, before he said something about Seokjin and a possible girlfriend," he finishes, putting the tray on the nightstand to see my reaction.

I look up at him, motionless, eyes wide and mouth filled with half-chewed pancakes.

He continues, "Alright, so we were watching Reply 1988 before he turns to me in the middle of Bora and Sunwoo kissing. He just looks at me dead in the eye and he says, Sunae's really hell bent on Seokjin," he pauses, letting it sink in and I continue chewing, "and I'm like huh? And he was like—"

My eyebrows are furrowed and I don't even swallow the food as I ask, "Who's Sunae?"

"America-Korea model," he says, "remember?"

I swallow the food and sink back down in my pillows. "But why?"

"Probably a publicity stunt," he shrugs.

What kind of logic is that? Isn't she their manager's daughter? Their manager's just setting his daughter up for lots of hate and death threats from immature ARMYs, and BTS is already as popular as it is. They don't need a girlfriend to boost their fame. They're way better than that. And how would Seokjin feel if he's being forced in a relationship for the cameras? It's just not fair, especially for him.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. It's my turn to shrug. Whatever, right? In the end, I'm the one who got to spend a day with Kim Seokjin.

What am I even thinking right now?

"You're hot," Jungkook says after a while and I scowl at him, swatting his hand away. "Wait, no, I meant that you have a fever kinda hot. Do you have a stick up your or something?" he narrows his eyes, leaving to go to the bathroom.

I bring my hand to my forehead. I am feeling sick, and that news with Sunae was making me feel even worse. And then I feel even worse for feeling bad about her.

Jungkook comes back with painkillers and water and a wet warm towel. "Take these, I'll go call someone."
 

Minutes later there are three knocks on the door and I almost get up to open it, but Jungkook runs faster than a sick person glued to the bed. "Hey, Jungkook-ah, how are you?"

I crack open one eye to see black hair that I've grown to get used to and large shoulders that occupy the width of the doorframe. Oh, crap. I look terrible.

They're talking, and I inwardly roll my eyes because Jungkook still hasn't invited him inside and it's so impolite and—"Let him in!" I yell, voice cracking followed by a sneeze, brought to you by yours truly. I'm so gross.

"Taehyung," he rushes in as soon as Jungkook moves over to actually let him in, "hey, how are you? I'm sorry I got you sick, it was a bad idea; I really shouldn't have taken you out while it was winter just how more stupid can I get? I'm so sorry," he says, leaving my bedside to go to the kitchen and I groan. I wanted him to stay. And it's not his fault. And Sunae is killing my self-esteem little by little.

I hear the sound of water boiling and Seokjin rummaging through the cupboards like it's his house. Honestly, handsome boys should stop coming into my house uninvited and going straight to the kitchen.

Handsome boys except Seokjin, that is.

He comes back after a few minutes with a wet cloth, soup, and clothes. "You already have painkillers beside you so I didn't think it was necessary for me to go get some more. Have you taken a bath?"

I shake my head. "I don't think someone with a fever as high as mine needs a bath. I feel like death," I say with a disgusting mucus-filled sniffle at the end.

"You're really hot," Seokjin says with concern, placing the back of his hand on my forehead. "In both ways, by the way." 

Jungkook erupts in laughter from the bathroom and I hear a few sounds of shampoo bottles hitting the floor followed by a thud and a groan. This isn't enough destruction, however, and if my cheeks weren't already flushed from my body temperature, then they were certainly flushed now. "Please don't call me hot."

"Taehyung is hot," he says blankly and my face grows even hotter and I don't even need to touch it to feel it. "Can you move?" he asks, and I shake my head.

"Well, I'm moving my pivot joints right now and my jaw is moving up and down as I talk and I'm blinking, but no, I can't move anywhere else."

"A simple 'no' would have done it, but I appreciate the detail," he says, smiling up at me and I really do want him to stop because I can feel long fingers on the hem of my oversized shirt and no no no please stop my body temperature is already hot enough as it is—"What are you doing?" I ask, and I'm sure I looked like my Spiderman backpack from third grade considering how red I must look right now.

"Bed baths, also known as sponge baths, are given to people who cannot move and haven't taken a shower," he says, pulling my shirt off of me and I instinctively bring the covers up to my chin despite the pain that shoots up my arms. "This doesn't work, because the blanket will soak up the water and you'll end up not being washed."

He's saying it all like it's basic mathematics and it's not my fault I don't want this really gorgeous guy to see my under-qualified upper body. It makes me feel very inadequate.

"You've stripped in front of me willingly, you know," he huffs, pulling the blankets off quickly and I smell bath soap and he's rubbing a wet towel gently over my arms.

"I was not stripping," I say softly, still feeling awkward and bare in front of Seokjin. I had to appreciate the fact that he was focused on this being a bath. Just that, and that he's trying his best not to make me feel uncomfortable. "You gave me a your hoodie because my sweater was... sweaty."

"Yes, well, your body isn't terrible," he says, rubbing gentle circles with the towel on my sore forearm. "It's nothing to be ashamed of, really, and this," I yelp when he pinches the admittedly small layer of fat on my belly as softly as he can, "is very cute."

A smile forms on my lips when he looks up to meet my eyes, and again, we're just staring at each other with smiles on our faces like idiots, and he shortly returns to the task at hand. I watch the shadows that his eyelashes cast on his cheeks and how soft and fluffy his cheeks look, and I reach out to poke it lightly, watching his reaction. He furrows his eyebrows slightly, dampening the towel some more as he rubs it across my stomach and on my chest, and I hope he doesn't feel my thundering heartbeat, because that would be embarrassing.

I poke his cheek again, and he looks up, scrunches his nose, and a grin breaks out into my face when he puffs his cheeks and his hand reaches up to my neck, scrubbing lightly with the cloth. "I can feel your pulse from here," he says, and that does nothing to slow my heartbeat. I don't know if it's embarrassment or something else, but I can hear my heartbeat clearly and it's beating fast.

"Well, yes, veins tend to do that," I mumble as he finishes washing my upper body, and find that I'm running into a wall when he slips his fingers in the waistband of my pajamas. "Wh—" I sputter, flinching.

"Your legs," he says, his hand still on my hip. I shake my head profusely.

"I'll do it myself," my body feels hotter than it already was when I woke up this morning due to fever and his hand remains unmoving, still attached to my hip. His thumb swipes over my hipbone and he doesn't look away from me the entire time.

"If you say so." The warmth of his hand leaves my waist and I'm left completely breathless when he returns the things back to the bathroom and I curl up into a ball in my sheets. This is hard. And so is something else. Oh. Should I waddle to the other bathroom or... because the more I think about it the hotter I get and it's probably not healthy.

Right. I should just stop thinking about it. Alright, think about Grandma. Praying in church. Church. Confession box. Seokjin.

... Kim Seokjin's hand was this close to my gosh I need to use the bathroom.

WTF WAS THAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

next update will be soon, i guarantee you! i'm sorry for the wait ;o;

thank you for reading and for all the lovely comments!