four

strange love

I stare at my phone in disbelief, words caught in my throat. "How does he..."

Even Jungkook had nothing to say. He blinks once, twice, and then he loses it right there. "He knows your name, Taehyung, you flop, he knows your name!"

"I don't understand. How is that possible?" I ask, though I know he doesn't have the answer.

Taehyung
ok how on earth do you know my name?

Seokjin
That's a secret I'm willing to keep. At least until we've met, though.

Taehyung
dude... that's really shady /: how do you know my name? that's just really strange.

Seokjin
You'll know.

This is some next-level kind of frightening, except I'm not scared. Hell, there's a part of me that's rejoicing because he knows my name, but the strangeness is just settling in the back of my head and it refuses to go away.

Seokjin
Make sure to check your mail every day, okay? ^_^

Taehyung
okay, i will. but you'll tell me everything soon, right?

Seokjin
When it's the right time.

I decide not to think too much of it and distract myself with video games with Jungkook. Whatever it is, it'll be okay. It should be okay.
 

University is the worst. It's paper after paper after paper and boring professors and messy lecture notes and texts from Seokjin that drive me crazy and unable to focus on lessons. It's making me cry a little bit inside.

So coming home to my untidy bedroom and flinging my backpack to somewhere I don't care to look at is the one thing I look forward to on Mondays. I flop down on my bed, just itching to talk to Seokjin and distract myself from life again.

Seokjin
I figured you would be home by now, so welcome home <3 How was your day?

I feel like crying all over again. He's so thoughtful.

Taehyung
how do you even know what time i come home? ;-; there are so many things you don't tell me

Taehyung
but my day was fine. uni is really boring and ugly

Seokjin
It is. :-(

Seokjin
Have you checked your mail yet?

Taehyung
oh right i forgot

Taehyung
seriously what is this thing you are so hell bent on sending me anyway?

I get up to check if there's anything new, and, to my surprise, there's an envelope. I rarely ever get mail.

Taehyung
oh i got a little envelope it's so cute is this from you?

Seokjin
I don't know why don't you go check

I smile a little bit, taking the envelope and carefully opening it. Inside are two thin slips of paper. What am I supposed to do with paper—

Tickets.

Front row tickets.

What.

Taehyung
SOKEJJJWIN

Taehyung
YUO GOT ME FIRNT ROW TICKETS

Taehyung
WHAT

Taehyung
I'M SO OVERHWELMVED I' m

Taehyung
is this real life because it doesn't feel like it

Taehyung
holy crap... you really didn't have to

Seokjin
I'm getting mixed signals here?

Taehyung
inm so happy i'm fjjajjkkJDJHDFGG I'M

Quickly, I snap a photo of myself with the tickets and send it without thinking. Holy crap I have to turn on airplane mode before he sees it and Message Sent.

"No... Nooooooo..." I whisper dramatically, rubbing my face in humiliation. "Nooooooooo..." 

Just how much does he know about me that I didn't reveal about myself? He knows my name, my phone number, my blog, my age, what time I get off of classes, and I wouldn't be surprised if he knew what I look like already, or if he knew I'm a guy, or if he knew what my voice sounds like. At this point, it's past the creepiness and the weirdness. It's just the curiosity and it begins to feel more like we know each other from somewhere.

There are so many things I don't know that he does, and I want to get to the bottom of it. 

Seokjin
I had to take a moment. You're

Seokjin
so beautiful

Seokjin
I'm just staring at the photo in shock

My heart thrums relentlessly against my chest and I find that I'm smiling again. What is it with Seokjin and his everything that makes me feel so bubbly and happy inside? He can literally talk about dirt for four hours straight and I'd listen and I'd feel so overwhelmingly happy because he's talking about dirt.

Taehyung
hmmm you're not too bad yourself

Seokjin
Of course. I'm not bad at all. Have you SEEN my face

Taehyung
no, today i haven't. can i have a look?

Seokjin sent a photo.

I almost chucked my phone against the wall and dug a hole on the floor and crawled in it and died. Here, my friends, is Kim Seokjin in bed without a shirt, white sheets held up to his collarbone and an all-too-innocent smile on his face.

Taehyung
WHAT ARE YOU SMILING THERE FOR,, YOU EVIL MONSTROUS NGGHHEEAAASDFJGKKGG

Seokjin
I'm so sorry what did I do? D:

Taehyung
you're so HANDSOME and PRETTY and CUTE and you look SHIRTLESS and you have that damned SMILE ON YOUR FACE like nYEERRRGGGHHHH

Taehyung
i'm so shameless sorry

Taehyung
what i'm saying is, you look very nice

Seokjin
Thank you :-)

Seokjin
I AM shirtless there, for your information.

Taehyung
shut up

 

"Where did you get tickets?! Front row tickets—TWO front row tickets?! What'd you eat to become rich?" Jungkook blabbers, looking at the two precious pieces of paper like they were beautiful newborn infants.

"Seokjin sent them."

He gasped, looking at me. "You... I need a sugar daddy! That's righ—"

I choke on air. "Seokjin is not my sugar daddy."

"Oh, pfsh, I forgot. He's your daddy without the sugar."

"Seokjin is not my daddy," I hiss, heat rising to my face. "You are so nasty."

"But you love me," he smiles sweetly. "So. Front row."

"I'm gonna be this close," I make a (horribly inaccurate) hand gesture to describe the distance, "to Kim Seokjin."

"Yes. I'm sure you'll do something dumb like jump over the fence and hump his leg, and as your best friend, it's my duty to look out for you."

"I am not going to hump Seokjin's leg."

Seokjin
So we're gonna be having a break after our last stage which is the concert you're going to. So I was thinking maybe we should hang out after? Only if you want to, though.

Taehyung
sure your place or mine ;))))

Taehyung
just kidding

Seokjin
Mine

Taehyung
i'd love to ^_^

Seokjin
Wait what was that text

Taehyung
oh



 

hiii everyone 🎉 thank you for reading this chapter and thank you for all the comments! i'm so overwhelmed wow. thank you for the kind words. thank you thank you thank youuu you guys make my day T o T

TAEJIN