eleven

strange love

"Wake up, hyung! I thought you would be the one annoying me to wake up. Hyuuuuuuuuung."

"I'm up, I'm up," I say groggily, chucking a pillow at Jungkook. "I'm awake."

"Good, because I made breakfast and you won't eat it if it turns cold," he says, putting on his watch.

"You woke me up just so your food doesn't go to waste?"

"Precisely. And the concert today plays a part too."

Concert... Concert... "Concert!" I gasp, all the sleepiness leaving my body. "Concert!"

"Took you long enough. Hurry up, the arena's gonna get cramped before we even get to our seats."

"What time is it?" I ask, getting up to go to the bathroom.

"Way too early for the venue to be open."

"Perfect."

Seokjin
Good morning <3 I can't wait to see you later

Taehyung
morningggg i'm so excited i feel like throwig up

Seokjin
Like this is the first time we met. Haha

Taehyung
jsjdjndbdbbdjdksk

Seokjin
Later after the concert just go round the back of the arena I'll let you pass hehe bring Jungkook too

Taehyung
REALLY

Taehyung
HE'S GONNA BE SO GLAD WOW YOU'RE THE BEST

I smile mischievously at Jungkook.

 

 

After hours of waiting, we were finally seated and ours was on the far right on the front, right beside the catwalk. Our seats were so close and we didn't even pay for it.

Taehyung
holy our seats are so close ???

Seokjin
I made sure I would be able to see you.

Taehyung
aw shucksss you really shouldn't have. this is all just too nice you know? ;-;

Seokjin
Move to the back then

Taehyung
no

Seokjin
I can see you, by the way. I like Nirvana.

He can see me? I quickly glance at my Nirvana sweater and scan my surroundings, looking for any sign of Kim Seokjin. He's not on stage, or behind me, or under the stage.

Taehyung
um what how can you see me

Seokjin
We're in those windows where we can see you but you can't see us. It's quite fun actually.

I Need U's chorus begins to play and I swat Jungkook's arm to get him to dance with me. It's become our pastime to learn their choreographies and I'm still wondering how Jungkook isn't a part of BTS. The guy's a threat.

Seokjin
Your body rolls are 10 out of 10

Taehyung
kook is way better at the body wave thing than i am

Seokjin
Ok but you're still better than me. Rude

Seokjin
Hey a girl is checking you out stop dancing

I laugh and continue despite the pain in my feet. I might as well make the most of the day.
 

One word to describe it would be sweaty. I can't feel my ears and my throat is scratchy and burning from screaming because Min Yoongi was within my arm's reach—my arm is pretty long—but I didn't dare touch him because if I did, it would be like throwing mud at a pristine wall. That is how important Min Yoongi is.

But Seokjin, he was an entirely different story. He never took his eyes off of me and I'm sure everyone else was beginning to notice, but I didn't bother looking away because on stage he gives off this incredibly strong vibe and it's so different from the Seokjin I met the other night. I couldn't tear my eyes from the intensity rolling off of him. I'm just amazed at how he could be so timid and sweet off stage and yet so tempting when he's up there. I know we spent no more than thirty minutes together, but the difference was significant.

"Are you seeing this?!" Jungkook screams at me over the volume of the speakers and the fans. I break away from my horribly distracted state and pay attention to stage— "Jimin just threw his jacket!" the words leave my mouth faster than anyone could say 'ah' and I narrowly avoid Jungkook's elbow before I'm hit with the smell of cologne and leather.

Jungkook caught it.

He remains frozen, looking at the jacket in shock before Jimin smiles at him and he just melts right there, exhaling a long, breathy sigh before resting his head on my shoulder.

The songs went by faster than I thought they would and my lungs are burning and my sweater is drenched, and I looked pretty disgusting when I turned to Jungkook, still holding the jacket, and dragged him to the back of the arena.

"I don't think I'm ever going to wash my hands again," he says, sliding down the wall in exhaust as he clutches Jimin's jacket closer to him.

"Hey." Warm breath rolls off my neck and I jump, turning around and seeing the human representation of the Sun before my very eyes.

"Seokjin," I say, looking up at him because he's so tall and he's so close and his shoulders are so big and he smells so good—how does he smell that good after a performance like that, anyway?

"Hi," he smiles at me before turning to Jungkook. "You're Jungkook, right?"

I don't think he can breathe right now, just staring up at Seokjin with wide eyes and his mouth agape.

"You're actually real?" he says after swallowing a disgustingly huge amount of saliva to bring his throat back to life. "You're like... not fake?"

Well, I don't blame him. Those were my initial thoughts during the church incident, too.

"I'm not," Seokjin chuckles, offering a hand to help Jungkook who gladly takes it, one hand on the jacket and the other with Seokjin.

"Now I'm never going to wash my hands," he whispers to me as we follow Seokjin to the gates of heaven. Or backstage.