fifteen

strange love

"You took a while," Seokjin mumbles when I come out of the bathroom, hands washed and needs relieved and guilt consuming my entire mind, but it was easy to slip into my comfortable blankets and allow the sheets to absorb my guilt and embarrassment. I notice that the lights are off and the only source of light in the room is the light from the TV and the faint sunlight seeping through the curtains. It's only 12 in the noon and I already did something terrible.

"I had to... vomit," I lied, hugging a pillow close to my chest. He looks at me in concern.

"You vomited?" he repeats, grabbing the bottle of Gatorade he'd put on the nightstand. "You didn't tell me."

"You're already doing a lot for me, I couldn't burden you even more than I am now," I mumble, drinking from the bottle after.

"You're not a burden," he says, finally settling on a movie and sitting beside me. "I'll cook something for you and Jungkook, but for now, we're going to watch A Moment to Remember."

I raise an eyebrow. "What's that?"

He looks at me with an incredulous look, scooting over beside me. "You mean to tell me you haven't seen A Moment to Remember?"

"No." I shake my head.

"You, my dear, are missing out on life," he clicks his tongue and the movie begins playing. I don't really see anything, though, just blurry moving pictures because he just called me 'my dear'. "Actually," he stops the movie, "let's just watch something else."

Weirdo. "What made you change your mind?"

"Mirrors," he says, and at this point I don't even bother to ask further. If he doesn't want to tell me, then he won't. "Goodbye Mom or Hearty Paws?"

"Hearty Paws sounds cuter," I shrug, and he decides on that movie and finally sits back down beside me, and I'm thankful for that because from here, I can breathe in his scent, I can see the reflection of the TV on his irises, and oh my gosh Kim Seokjin is in my house and he looks so good from here.

"Woah," I blurt out, and he looks at me with an eyebrow raised. His eyebrows look so good. "You look so good."

"I know," he shrugs his wide shoulders (kind of hitting me in the process, but I don't mind being hit by Kim Seokjin) and it takes me lots of self control not to watch the movie through the reflection on his eyes. It's hard to resist the urge to lean on Seokjin. I don't want him catching my fever, but he puts his hand on my head and gently pulls it down to his shoulder and I nuzzle my head in the crook of his neck.
 

By the time the movie ends I'm a sobbing mess, my tears staining Seokjin's shirt while he rubs soothing circles on my back, his eyes glistening from tears but not quite crying. "I'm—" I sob, "that was so..."

"I know, Tae," he sniffles, pulling me in for an embrace, "it was so sad."

I gladly bury my head in his chest, tears seeping through the cloth and I hear Jungkook's footsteps. "What the hell?" he asks, leaving immediately. The image makes me laugh, and soon, I'm a laughing, sobbing mess and I'm sure I looked ridiculous but Seokjin joins in laughter with me, while I wipe my tears with the sleeves of my shirt.

"We're so weird," he mumbles, lying back down on my bed and pulling the blankets up to his chin.

"I know," I run my fingers through his hair and I notice how soft and smooth his hair is. It's nice. "Also, aren't you supposed to be somewhere right now?"

"The fanmeet ended hours ago and we're not scheduled for anything after this," he says. "They're all going home later."

"And where are you going?"

"I'm staying here," he smiles, curling up into a ball wrapped in all the blankets. "You have the most comfortable bed."

Let's do stuff in it.

"I know," I say, mentally slapping myself after that thought. "So, um..."

"Sleep," he pats the spot on the bed beside him.

"I don't want you to catch my fever."

"Sleep."

"Okay then," and I lie down, my head on a pillow and stare at him again. His genes are holy. I'm lying in bed with the most gorgeous man on the planet and I have to give props to myself for not fainting or .

"I like your eyebrows," I say after a while, and he laughs a little when I reach out to touch his eyebrows. Beautiful. They feel so... nice. I love his eyebrows. "And BigHit is gonna flop soon if they don't show your forehead any time soon," I say, pushing his hair back.

"You're not active on Tumblr anymore," he scrunches his nose when I pinch it and I shrug.

"That's true."

"Why?"

"Tumblr is mostly where I cry and scream because Kim Seokjin doesn't notice me. Now that he does notice me, there's nothing to cry and scream about."

"I miss the appreciation posts where you tell us all how pretty I am."

I hit him lightly. "Don't you remind yourself that all the time?"

"I'm Bangtan's least attractive, you know," he says, his smile gone.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Shut up." He closes his eyes when I swipe my thumb over his eyelids, "If anything, you're the most beautiful. Sometimes I don't see the other members because I only see you."

He smiles a little.

"Yeah, Bangtan is attractive, but you're all I see, to be honest." I try to keep my tone casual because my pulse is insane and this is kind of embarrassing. "And... they would be nowhere without you," I say, my fingers tracing his jawline, "I mean, no one can look at Kim Seokjin and not melt. Especially not me."

I would laugh but I'm serious.

He opens his eyes again and the way he gazes at me finally gets to me, and I end up blushing horribly after what I just said. The only thing going through my mind is strings of idk and dark brown eyes. And we're just staring. Again, before my fever decides to ruin it by sneezing so loud I scare myself off the bed. My bottom meets the floor with a loud thud and Seokjin's laughter pierces the room.

I help myself up and stare at him with feigned anger, and he's only laughing and I can't help but to laugh too. You can't really maintain a scowl when Kim Seokjin is laughing or smiling.

"Sorry," he says between his laughter, "sorry."

I hit him with a pillow, sitting back down on the bed and picking up my phone. My stomach drops a little when I see a picture of Sunae and... people are even stanning her?

"What's wrong?" Seokjin asks, scooting closer to me to look at my phone.

"She's like, really pretty," I comment blankly, scrolling down my dashboard faster to get rid of her pictures.

"She is," Seokjin shrugs, toying with my Totoro plushie and holding it close to his chest. "But you're prettier."

I pretend not to hear it but my ears turn hot and my heart thumps wildly against my chest, and my stomach flips and I bite my lip. It's all becoming part of a routine.

"Sleep, Taehyung. You'll feel better when you wake up," he presses the back of his hand against my neck. "Your temperature is still high."

I put my phone away and lie down. Sleep sounds good. Especially after Sunae and the SuJin shippers and the Sunae stans and the headaches they give me. But there's not much to be upset about, really, when my ear is pressed up against Seokjin's chest and I can hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat and the rise and fall of his chest and his fingers running softly through my hair. Not much to be upset about.

 

 

 

this chapter is so extra. i'll pull myself up with the next chapters don't worry T o T thank you for reading! i appreciate the votes and the comments and you readers a lot.