seven

strange love

"Thank you for giving me a chance to explain everything to you, hyung," Jungkook says, swirling a wooden stick in the coffee he ordered, refusing to meet my eyes even though we were sat across from one another.

I would be too ashamed to look me in the eye had I been in Jungkook's place, too.

"Are you mad at me?" he asks, letting go of the stick and watching his drink spiral slowly until it stops.

Am I mad at him? The short answer would be no. But the long answer, that would be another story. "No," I say, and he tenses, no loner focused on his coffee. "I'm not mad at you."

He's silent for a moment. "But why, hyung? Why aren't you mad?"

"Do you want me to be mad at you?" The corners of my lips turn up ever so slightly.

"No," he sighs. "I just don't understand how you don't hate me after what I did to you. How can you forgive me?"

"Oh, no, I don't forgive you. You haven't even apologized yet," I say, and my voice doesn't feel like my own.

"Do you know what happened, hyung?" he asks, his tone exasperated. "They told me they were going to hurt you if I didn't bring you to them."

"And you believed them?"

"I didn't think they were going to hurt you either way."

"You weren't thinking."

He visibly flinches, shrinking back into his seat. "You're right. I wasn't."

"Jungkook, you know this has been going on since the semester started. It's only been four months but everyone's been stepping on me ever since. What made you think they weren't going to do the same had you or had you not brought me with you?"

"... They're sick, hyung," he says quietly. "They told me they were going to do terrible things to my family."

"And you believed them," I repeat, softer this time.

He nods.

"I understand you, Kookie," I say. "You didn't know."

"I'm sorry, hyung. I'm so, sorry. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept on twisting and turning and I couldn't get the image of you being hurt so bad, because of me, out of my head. I'm really sorry."

I smile, reaching for his hand across the table. "I forgive you."
 

Seokjin
You forgave him?

Taehyung
i know you would have done the same

Taehyung
it would have been incredibly selfish of me if i didn't forgive him. plus he's my best friend and he's made it pretty clear that he's sorry. i love that little twerp yknow, and i've always been terrible at holding grudges

Seokjin
That's brave of you. I admire that.

Taehyung
thanks.

Taehyung
SO FIVE DAYS

Seokjin
Five days !!!

Taehyung
we're going to see eacg other in five days !!!!!!!!!

Seokjin
This use of exclamation points is scaring me !!!! Please stop yelling!!!

Taehyung
you're the one who's yelling!!!!!

Seokjin
I'm mot yelling YOU are

Taehyung
no YOU aWAIT

Taehyung
i haven't decided on what to wear yet

Seokjin
You're actually concerned about what you'll wear?

Taehyung
hey you're one to talk. your fashion is so picky and snobby ugh

Taehyung
and by picky and snobby i mean VERY attractive and stylish ;) ;) ;) sign me right the heck up

Taehyung
but jungkook's the fashionista when it comesto the two of us so i should go seek his advice kekekek

"Jungkook!" I scream obnoxiously, ignoring the fact that he's sitting beside me. 

"Yes, your unholy friendship unit?" he replies equally as loud, not looking up from his phone.

"What are we going to wear?" I ask, my voice notches quieter.

"Let's go look," he whispers, getting up to my closet.

There are lots of choices, and I mean a lot of them. You see, I have a rather expansive collection of outfits because I'm quite the clotheshorse.

"You can wear something really trashy while I stick to something that makes me look good and delectable, how does that sound?" he bats his eyelashes at me, smiling sweetly.

"Would it be trashy if I use your skin as a dress," I deadpan, staring straight into his soul.

"Alright, alright, damn..." he mumbles, shuffling through the cabinet. "So what look do you want to achieve? Do you want something that says, 'do me in a public bathroom stall' or 'take me out on a dinner date'?"

"Both of those sound very... past the line. I'm just gonna wear what I wear everyday."

"What, your 'I live in the streets and have been run over by lots of cars which explains why I have so many rips in my outfits' outfits? No, no, no," he shakes his head. "We're going to look for something that will make your look so good Seokjin's not gonna be able to keep it in his pants."

"Um... no," I politely decline, "I think I would like to keep my innocence for a little longer and save my dignity in that concert."

"If you say so," he shrugs, pulling an oversized gray sweater and black ripped jeans.

"Wow, I totally could have just picked that out for myself."

"Yes, well, you weren't accepting any of my choices. And besides, Seokjin would prefer it if you wore you. Ya get me?"

I nod.

"Now, about that date," he wiggles his eyebrows. "Tell me all about it."

"It's not really a date, but we're going to go to the top of this skyscraper. He hasn't told me much either. It's really random, I know, but I trust him."

"That's so weird... Who would take someone out on a skyscraper for their first date?"

"Seokjin would."

"Yeah, that sounds like you guys. You two are a really weird couple, if you think about it."

"Why, yes, I have thought about it," I smile dreamily and Jungkook scrunches his nose.

"Ew. He's just gonna end up pushing you off the tower, you know."

"Maybe then I'll be able to say that I literally fell for Kim Seokjin."

"... Yeah, you're hopeless."
 

double update because why not