twenty

strange love

Waking up next to Seokjin wasn't really how I imagined it to be, at least not this morning. I always thought he would wake up first, that maybe he'd be in the kitchen already preparing breakfast. I thought I would be able to admire him looking like a god while he slept. Today was not one of those days.

Seokjin was sprawled on my bed and I realized I was this close to falling off. The sheets were completely rumpled and his face was buried in the pillows—can he even breathe?— and his hair stuck out in all directions, messy and unkempt. At least he doesn't snore.

This is so precious. It's one of the things that make me realize that Kim Seokjin hides more than he shows when there are cameras. Seokjin's a human too, and he makes lots of dirty jokes and has tons of mischievous ideas and takes up the whole bed when he sleeps. He likes kimchi in japchae and actually enjoys watching sad K-dramas and he's willing to put up with whatever dumb idea I have.

It's only been three days since we've met personally and only a month since we started texting back and forth, and it already feels like there's only little we have to know about each other until we've known each other inside and out. But I know what's unlikely and what's not—you can't truly know a person that fast.

I decide to check on Jungkook and find him in the living room, going through his phone.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"I feel perfect," he shuts his phone, holds it to his chest, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before sighing dreamily and opening his eyes again. "Last night was perfect."

My eyebrows raise, but not before wiggling them up and down. "I bet it was."

"Oh, and what you heard yesterday, nope. It's not what you think," he sits up, holding my hands. "But first, I'm sorry for not talking to you as much."

"I'm sorry too," I pout, "We need a day just for the two of us."

"We've had enough of those. How about we all go together somewhere?" he suggests, a smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, we should!" I smile too. "We'll arrange it later but right now, tell me what happened last night and what Jimin did to make you sound like that."

He let go of my hands, blush creeping up his neck and spreading on his cheeks. That sounds kinda stupid, actually, cause I can't literally see it creeping, and I'm gonna stop talking now.

"Well, we were playing cards."

That's exactly what Jikook wasn't doing.

"Go on," I say, the look on my face saying that I didn't believe anything he said about cards.

"Strip poker. And I had to take my pants off next but I was literally too shy to do so, so Jimin took matters in his own hands. Literally."

"You don't even know how to play poker!" I say in disbelief, before he cuts me off.

"Fine, it was with Pokémon cards. We made a game out of it. But with stripping."

"Seriously?"

"We're bordering on the line between kids and adults," he shrugs.

Good enough. He's 19.

"Anything else?"

"We just walked around, actually, but nothing too serious that you need to know. Now, tell me about last night with Seokjin."

"Alright, well—" I'm interrupted by two knocks on the door, and I turn to it, giving Jungkook a look. "Did you call Jimin over?"

"No," he shook his head, and I stand up to open it. It's 9 AM and it's probably just some delivery man or some... person...

I step away from the peephole, shocked. "Who is it?" Jungkook asks, walking towards me.

"It's Sunae."

"Um," Jungkook starts, "what?"

"I don't know either." She knocks another time and I open the door, kind of with dread, kind of with reluctance, but I open it nonetheless. I'm surprised to see that she's shorter than me. Pasting a polite smile on my face, she smiles back. Gorgeous. I feel like a banana peel.

"Good morning," she bows, "Taehyung-ssi, is it?"

Jungkook turns to me, scratching his head. "That's me," I nod, "What brings you here?"

This is so awkward, what the hell?

"I found this in the trolley cart outside the building," she pulls out a hoodie. This was what Seokjin was wearing last night. "While I was walking by."

My eyebrows raise, and I give Jungkook a confused look. "Thank you...?"

"You're welcome," she chirps, "I've missed you. I'll see you around!" And before I could say anything else, she was out the lobby and gone.

"Jungkook, what the hell." I close the door, sitting back on the couch in the living room. "That wasn't funny."

He breaks out of his train of thought and looks at me. "Yeah."

"Hey, focus, please. Do you know anything?"

"No," he shakes his head. I don't believe him.

I vaguely remember Seokjin taking off his hoodie and wrapping it around me before I'd fallen asleep on the cart. I already know that—then maybe Seokjin had forgotten to take it when he carried me inside the building.

Moving on, how did Sunae know where to return it? Yes, she probably recognized the hoodie and knew it was Seokjin's, but why my apartment, why did she know my name?

I examine it. It's gray and it's plain, oversized, something I would wear. I checked the backside. Empty too. I turned the hoodie inside-out and found my initials written in bold black marker on the hem.

KTH Summer '11




 

to clear stuff up, tae is 21 in this fic and jin is 24.

thank you for reading! i appreciate all the comments and the subscribers and everything else <3 i'm sorry for the time this took.