twelve

strange love

"Taehyung, right?" Namjoon's voice is unmistakable and I search blindly around the room before landing on a mop of pink hair and... tall.

"Yeah, that's me," I laugh nervously and rather awkwardly, waving at him even if he was right in front of me. "I'm sorry, I'm just nervous."

"Ah, I understand," he smiles at me, "Don't be. We're all the same."

"Yes, except you guys are straight from heaven. Seriously," I say, easing into it. Namjoon is not bad at all. "You guys were great, by the way. I really like how you perform."

"Thank you," his dimples are showing. "I'm glad you had a great time."

"Thanks to you guys," I smile too, catching a glimpse of Jungkook already talking with Jimin. I'm surprised he even had the balls, considering his initial reaction to Seokjin earlier.

"Jimin meant to throw that jacket at him," he says, "he wouldn't have given it away if he wasn't certain Jungkook would catch it."

"Really?" My eyebrows raise, looking at the two talking like they've known each other for a long time. Jimin looks so small next to Jungkook. "How did he even know about Kookie in the first place?"

"Seokjin talks a lot whenever you guys are brought up," he answers, and I'm brought back to the questions circling in my head. Why is he concerned about us? Why are we even a topic to be brought up regularly?

"I see," I say, nodding, before realizing that Seokjin was gone. "Where's Seokjin?"

"Probably getting dressed, which I'll go do right now. Keep yourself entertained, okay?" he says and jogs out of the room, and Jimin smiles and waves at me briefly before carrying on with his very important conversation with Jungkook.

Hoseok and Yoongi are nowhere to be found. I'm already thinking of the possibilities.

Seokjin
Hey come to my dressing room

Taehyung
what even

Seokjin
Come onnn I can't do stuff when the others are around

Taehyung
what stuff

Seokjin
2 doors down the hall

Taehyung
hold on i'm busy making out with namjoon

Seokjin
Seriously

I laugh to myself, putting my phone in my pocket and walked to said directions. I knock twice and I hear a faint "Come in".

"Hey," I close the door behind me and sit down on the stool beside him, smiling. He's smiling too. And we're just smiling at each other all over again, like that night.

"So," he starts, proceeding to wipe off all the makeup on his face. "Noona is supposed to do this but I told her I'd take care of it."

"Does she know I'm here?" I ask, amused as he tries to remove a bit of smudged eyeliner on the corner of his eye.

"No," he says, wiping the waterline on his right eye and he opens up another sentence before accidentally poking his eye with the piece of cloth. "Ouch."

I laugh, moving my chair closer so that we were facing each other. "I'll do it."

"I'm such a baby," he huffs at himself, turning to face me as I dab his eyes gently with the damp cloth.

"Yeah, but you're nowhere near babylike when you're onstage. Gosh. Your stage presence is so intense nowadays," I say, getting the last remains of eyeliner out. "You were amazing out there. Fancams rarely ever capture how great your voice is live."

"Don't flatter me after you've just made out with Namjoon," he says, pouting. I swipe my thumb below his eye one last time, my touch lingering for a bit before pulling away.

"He's a great kisser," I say, laughing.

"I'm better. Look at my lips," he puckers them at me and I'm actually tempted for a few seconds, butterflies swimming in my stomach.

"They don't look like they kiss well," I play along, smiling at the way he acts when we're alone.

"Wanna try it out?"

This time he's the one smiling, and I'm frozen in my seat, unsure of what to do. "Uhm—"

"I was joking, Tae," he laughs, "you should have seen your face."

"You are such an ," I mumble, my cheeks visibly turning red when I looked at myself in the mirror.

"What time do you wanna go to the skyscraper?" he asks, brushing his hair despite how good it already looks.

"Any time," I say, shrugging. "It's only 6 in the evening. We have a lot of time."

"Would you like to go now?"

"Yes, actually. But," I tilt my head slightly, "why a skyscraper?"

"Reasons," he smiles at me, standing up to go to his closet. One concert in Daegu and he has, like, 400 outfits in his dressing room. "Your sweater is wrecked," he points out.

"It did its job by making me sweat," I retort, standing beside him to look at his clothes. "Plus the arena was hot."

"Are you sure it wasn't me?" he exaggerates a wink and I laugh, shaking my head. "Wear this," he pulls out a pink hoodie, handing it to me.

"Why?"

"It's cold up there and your sweater smells."

"Geez, Seokjin, way to be honest with me." I take the hoodie, lifting my sweater up to take it off. "Don't even peek."

But he's not peeking, alright—he's staring. "You know what? Your members weren't lying when they said you were the most erted."

"I can't help it that you have nice arms."

"I'm sure you were staring at my arms," I deadpan, pulling the pink sweater on. "Now, shall we?"

"We shall," he says and we walk out the room, hand in hand.

 

triple update bc so late yikessss i hope you guys enjoyed hehe thank you for reading, everyone!