ten

strange love

"You met him, hyung?!" Jungkook's eyes are wide and his mouth is agape, closing only to give me the biggest toothy smile he could manage. "What happened? Tell me everything."

"I don't even care that it was so embarrassing," I start, telling him every detail as per his request. By the end of my story, he was crying of laughter, shoulders shaking.

"I made Kim Seokjin pay for my homework," he wheezed, wiping tears from his eyes. "He totally thinks you're a freak now."

"If he wasn't able to see that when he first texted me, then he's blind," I say before sighing dreamily, again, with a smile on my face. "It was so magical."

"Totally magical. You called him Daddy on your first meeting, Taehyung," he deadpans.

"Gosh, Jungkook, no," I make a face. "I called him Father because I thought he was a priest."

He shrugs. "If you say so. Wait until the night of your date and you will be calling him Daddy."

I blush. "No."

It's silent again and Jungkook is reviewing his essay, humming a song I don't recognize. I lay my head back down and look at my watch. It's half an hour to 6 AM. Jungkook should start getting ready.

It's amazing, really, how easy it is to believe that I'd knocked down a confession box with Kim Seokjin at 4 AM. If someone had told me a few weeks ago that Seokjin would pay for Jungkook's homework, I'd laugh in their face and forget about it.

That, however, wasn't an act of BTS' Jin. That was Kim Seokjin, and it wasn't anything extraordinary—but the mere fact that he even bothered to help me was already a great thing in itself.
 

"Tomorrow is the day!" Jungkook shouts after slamming my door open, flinging his backpack on the floor.

"This is my house," I remind him, not looking up from my phone.

"Where you live, I live too," he says, ing his uniform.

"You are shameless. Do your parents even still see you?" I say as he makes his way to the kitchen.

"Where are your parents?" he throws the question back at me. I'm silent for a while, and he comes back into the room with a plate of rice and chicken in his hand. "No, seriously. Where are they?"

"They're alright," I shrug. "The last time I saw Mom was when the pictures from the photoshoot were released. The same day Seokjin first texted me. They rarely ever call, but they're alright."

"Why didn't you just live with them?" he asks, shoving a spoonful in his mouth.

"I'm legal and I have a job."

He snickers. "No, you don't."

"If I didn't, you wouldn't be eating that chicken right now. You're just living off of my income."

"Your very expensive fanfiction. Hyung, you're so creative, who would have thought you could get rich out of writing incredibly specific ?"

"I'm not rich. And my writing comes at a price. People get off on my literature, I gain money. It's a steady win-win for a lot of people."

My writing is indeed very expensive, but I lower my dignity in myself by tending to other people's kinks, so really, which one costs more?
 

sonyeonclan
soekijn you've been so inactive lately, i miss your posts :-(

I feel bad for groaning. I don't even enjoy this blog anymore. If I didn't spend all of my time either on my phone talking to Seokjin or binge-watching with Jungkook, I might actually have a life.

My fingers rest on my keyboard, deciding on what to type. The urge to ignore them is strong, but it would just be rude of me if I did.

soekijn
   sorry :( i've been busy and haven't had time to actually post or reblog stuff

sonyeonclan
   | ahhh i see. you're going to that bts concert tomorrow right? you get to see their goodbye stage! luckyy

soekijn
   | yes omf i'm so excited, tomorrow is going to be so eventful

sonyeonclan
   | oooh ;) well have fun

I choose not to reply anymore and instead unlock my phone to check on Seokjin.

Taehyung
hey bibi

Seokjin
We're on pet name-basis now? Okay then babe

Taehyung
babe is too common choose another one

Seokjin
Angel?

Taehyung
if you've read that one fic i wrote about you tying jimin to a post and doing ungodly things to him then you wouldn't call me angel

Seokjin
Oh geez I've read that. It was well-written. You got me in character

Taehyung
you mean you would actually do that?

Seokjin
I'm not a saint, Taehyung, I can do so much more

Taehyung
nice. should i send you a pic of my

Seokjin
Do you have a filter or do you just say whatever comes to your mind? I was trying to be y

Taehyung
you're y without even trying. there's no need to worry

Seokjin
As much as I would love to stay and see where this goes, we have a fanmeet to attend.

Seokjin
Why don't you ever show up at fanmeets?

Taehyung
no reason

But there is a reason, though. It's a reason I never really understood, but I don't want to get close to Jin from BTS, the one every fan wants to meet and have photos with. I want genuine Kim Seokjin, the one I met this morning. Since they debuted, I never really liked him for what he does onstage or for his role in Bangtan. It's just my curiosity in him as a person overall. I don't see him as an idol. He's more than that, and I'm still searching for all the reasons I'm so drawn to this magnet called Seokjin.

It's been three years and I'm still looking for a reason, though. I'm nowhere close to finding the answer.