Chapter 8: The Americano

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: The Americano

 

"Ji Hyo... Wake up... We are here..." Gary nudged his shoulder gently to wake Ji Hyo up. Still in a daze, Ji Hyo slowly sat up straight and stared into blank space. Gary waved his hand and even snapped his finger in front of Ji Hyo but got no response. Although he was amazed by Ji Hyo's ability of "sleeping with her eyes open", he quickly pulled Ji Hyo along with him and got off the bus. "Oh, we are here..." Ji Hyo looked around slowly and finally realised that they have reached their workplace. "Woah, Ji Hyo! Are you that tired?" Gary burst into laughter while giving her a thumbs up. Ji Hyo stared at him in confusion and just gave a yawn. 

After reaching their office that day, Gary told her and Kwang Soo what had happened on the bus and she was so embarrassed by it while the other two guys just laughed their heads off. Ever since that morning, Ji Hyo decided to have a cup of Americano every morning to give herself a boost and stay awake. "Americano again?" Gary teased when he saw her holding on to a cup at the bus stop one morning. "Aniya, I ran out of Americano and had to make do with tea today. But tea doesn't really have an effect on me," Ji Hyo sighed as she stared at the cup of tea in her hands. True enough, Ji Hyo was already nodding off an hour after reaching the office. Despite slapping herself to stay awake, she could not defeat the sloth within her and soon succumbed to sleep. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter