Chapter 13: The Walk Home

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: The Walk Home

"Thanks for the night, everyone! See you guys next week! Goodnight!" Ji Hyo smiled and waved nonstop at the two guys and boarded the next bus together with Gary as they were going in the same direction. "Text me when you are home so that I know that you are safe!" Jong Kook called out behind her and waved back. "Am I that dangerous or am I not capable of protecting her?" Gary murmured to himself as he stared at Jong Kook from his seat. "Did you say something?" Ji Hyo looked at him as she took a seat beside him. He shook his head and they remained silent for a while. 

"You seemed very close to that Jong Kook huh?" After a few stops, Gary broke the silence with his sudden question. Almost falling asleep, Ji Hyo gave a long yawn before replying, "He is in charge of one of the programs that I am assigned to. We see each other at least once a week, so naturally we talk." "I see. He seemed like a great guy and I can tell that he's--" Gary paused in his words as he felt a familiar weight lying on his shoulder. He glanced to his right and true enough, Ji Hyo fell asleep. He chuckled softly to himself as he gazed longingly at her face. Must be great to be so carefree and able to sleep anywhere and anytime. As though influenced by her sleeping disease, Gary soon dozed off as well and his head leaned against Ji Hyo's head. The couple had a peaceful long sleep until the bus reached its last stop and the driver had to wake the two of them up. 

"Five more minutes, Mom... There's no work today..." Ji Hyo grumbled in her sleep and had no signs of waking up. Feeling signs of movement beside him, Gary slowly opened his eyes and looked around groggily. "Young man, it's the last stop already. Aren't the two of you getting off?" The driver snapped at him impatiently. Gary blinked his eyes and looked around again. He's wide awake now, Ji Hyo is still dead asleep and there's an angry driver in front of them. He quickly apologized to the driver while trying to wake Ji Hyo up but to no avail. Left with no choice, Gary lifted her up in his arms and got off the bus. He had no idea where they are. 

"Ji H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter