Chapter 25: The End?

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25: The End?

Ji Hyo stirred in her sleep as a delicious aroma slipped into her room through the bottom of her locked door. She turned around in her bed and gave herself a nice long stretch before sitting up slowly on her bed, with her eyes still closed. Finally opening her eyes, she was surprised to see no difference in the light quality as the room was consumed by darkness. She struggled to pull herself towards the clock on her bedside table and took a short glance at the time. 7.15pm... I slept for so long... She stiffened a yawn as she patted her bed hair back to its original state. 

Just then, she noticed the delicious smell that woke her up. Is someone cooking? Is Gary back? Is he still angry with me? Her mind was filled with many questions that could not be answered. Why am I angry with him when I am staying at his house? I should apologize and listen to his explanation... She bit her bottom lip and slowly walked to the door. As quietly as possible, she unlocked her door and opened slowly before peeking out of her room. There was no one in sight. However, there were rose petals on the floor, placed in a straight line leading to the living room. Puzzled, she stepped out of her room and followed the trail of petals. As she walked closer to the living room, the television came to life and a slides presentation in the form of a video was played on the screen. Surprised by the television, she stood aroot to the ground while staring at the screen. 

"My dearest Ji Hyo," the slides began. 
"I remembered the first time I met you. We were both surprised by the arrangement of the school and definitely not ready to work together as intern partners." She smiled and nodded as though she was replying to the screen. 
"You were not my desired girl in my dreams. I wasn't yours too."
"However, I am glad that we met each other."
"You were there for me when I was depressed. I was there for you when you were asleep." She giggled as she recalled the times when she fell asleep and Gary had to tolerate with her head on his shoulder. 
"You made me realise, that the girl I had a crush on for 3 years, wasn't suitable for me." 
"You are."
"Although we had only got to know each other for a few months, I felt as though we have known each other for many years."
"It wasn't long before you took over my mind, my dreams, and my heart." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter