Chapter 4: The First Day

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: The first day

 

"Laptop... Check! Water bottle... Check!  Wallet... Check! Is there anything else I should bring along?" Ji Hyo looked around for any other things to be brought to work. Today is her first day at work and she wishes to give the best impression she can give. She wore her best clothes and checked herself out in the mirror. I hope the colleagues are nice! She thought to herself as she put on her sneakers. Her assigned company, Nightlight Productions, was just a 30-minutes bus ride away from her home. Among the students in the Course of Design, this company has been infamous for their terribly huge amount of workload given to the poor interns. They were not allowed to take no pay leaves and interns were expected to be as productive as the staffs despite the difference in experience. Ji Hyo shrugged at the thought of the workload and decided to replenish her energy by sleeping on the long bus ride. She took out her headphones and started listening to a a playlist of her favourite group, LeeSSang. As she was about to doze off to her dreamland, she felt a tap on her shoulder and someone sitting down next to her. She woke up with a jump and removed her headphones while turning towards the person. 

Gary was grinning and waving at her. "Hey! Didn't expect to see you on the bus? Are you taking this bus everyday?" Ji Hyo stared blankly at him for a few seconds before recovering her senses and replied, "Yea!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter