Chapter 16: The Song

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: The Song

I fell asleep in front of him again, nooooo! She bit her bottom lip and gave herself a knock on her head as self-punishment. Just then, she noticed that there was a clothing around her back. She took it off and realised it was Gary's jacket. She stared at Gary in a mong state, waiting for his explanation. "Goo-good evening. I saw that you fell asleep so I placed my jacket over you to make sure you don't catch a cold in your sleep," he smiled nervously and took up both cups of Americano before handing one over to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo mumbled her thanks as she took a sip, still confused at what happened. She held her cup in her hands to warm herself up before looking up at Gary again. "Wait, why are you still here? Why are you not going home?" Gary rubbed his brow to hide his nervousness and cleared his throat, "Oh, I was busy doing my work too and didn't notice the time. I'll be leaving soon, you should leave too. There's still work tomorrow." Ji Hyo glanced at the clock behind him. "Omo, it's already 10.00pm! I should leave too! Let's go home together!" She returned him his jacket and quickly packed her stuff. Within a few minutes, both of them are ready to head home. 

The trip home felt longer than usual because of the awkward silence between them. Awkward for Ji Hyo because he caught her sleeping again: awkward for Gary because she caught him parting her hair in her sleep. Gary cleared his throat, "So... How's things between you and Jong Kook?" Ji Hyo smiled cheerfully, "The program is going on fine, he says I am hardworking  and fit for the job!" "I mean, outside of work, how's your relationship between him?" Gary bit his bottom lip. Am I too obvious? Ji Hyo stared at him confused,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter