Chapter 11: The Rejection

Stranger meets stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: The Rejection

"Ji Hyo ah, don't have to wait for me today. I just woke up, so I will definitely be late. See you at work instead." This was what Ji Hyo received from Gary when she was on the bus. Ji Hyo stared at the message, dumbfounded that the always-punctual Gary will oversleep. Does it have to do with his dinner with her last night? She wondered to herself and quickly shook her head before her thoughts go wild. Listening to Gary, she went to work on her own. 

After sending the message, Gary laid his phone back onto his bed while he continued lying and staring at the empty ceiling. The truth was, he did not oversleep. He did not sleep at all for the entire night. As he lied dazed on his bed, memories of last night came into his mind again for the millionth time. 

"Jessica, I believe you should know my feelings by now. It's been one year. I can't wait any longer." Gary laid down his utensils and crossed his arms while looking right at Jessica. She stopped munching and sighed. After wiping , she spoke, "Yes, of course I understand, Gary. But, I've always liked you as a friend. I'm still not ready for a relationship, you know that I had many relationships that didn't end well previously." "Yes, I know. But I can prove to you that I'm different from them! I will love and cherish you more than them! You just have to give me a chance." Gary debated, his hand gestures getting more and more intense as he talked. "I'm sorry, Gary. But, it's useless. It's just me, my heart is not prepared. I'm really sorry.. I hope we will still be friends.." Jessica said while looking down with a little tremble in her voice, as though she might cry anytime. Gary sighed and fell back onto his chair. It's hopeless... He closed his eyes and fought back the tears threatening to fall. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter