Epilogue

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Omma, appa. I miss you so much. I’m sorry lately I was so busy with study and exam. I promise I’ll visit you guys more often after this. Omma, appa, today I’ll finally graduate from medical school. It was tough but I made it. I wish you were here with unnie and me.” She wiped her tears on her face. “Look, I’m wearing this.” She twirled around showing her graduation gown. “It looks cool right? Next time I’ll show you my lab coat and stethoscope. And I want you to meet an important person in my life.”

“Taeyeonnn!! We don’t want to be late for the ceremony!” Sunny was yelling at top of her lungs.

“Okay!! I’ll be there in sec!!” she replied. “Omma, appa, I have to go now. Uuuu..Your other daughter has a boyfriend now. I’ll tell you later okay. I love you. I miss you so much.” She leaned over and kissed the hard cold tombstone as like her parents really in front of her. She took the dried flowers and replaced it with a fresh one. She giving her smile to her parents before she takes her leave.

*****

“Congratulation Taengoo. Aigooo my smart little sister.” Sunny gave Taeyeon a bear hug and kissed her cheek. “I’m so proud of you Taeyeon-ah.”

Taeyeon stares at her sister with teary eyes. “Unniee.” She hugged her sister. She couldn’t control her sadness and let her tears fell.

“Wae Taeyeon-ah? Don’t cry.” Sunny contradicted with what she said when she feels her vision was blurry with tears too.

“Unnie, thank you so much. I will not be here today if it wasn’t because of you. You sacrificed your time, your youth and your money to raise me up alone. I forever indebted to you, unnie. It is time for me to take care of you.”

“What are you talking about Taeyeon-ah? I’m your sister bonded by blood of course I have to take care of you. Even when you become very successful person one day, I’ll be there for you whenever you need me.” Sunny rubs her hand on Taeyeon’s back. “Beside, my future sister in law is very rich. I don’t need to worry about money anymore. Hahahahaha.”

Suddenly there was a ruckus at the main entrance of the university hall with camera flashing up everywhere. People were screaming and running towards the source of attraction. Everyone holding their phone; taking pictures and recording video.

“Move away please. Move away.”

“Please give a way.”

Four men wearing black suits, with black aviator sunglasses emerged from sea of people, protecting someone in the middle of them.

Taeyeon and Sunny were looking at each other, completely clueless with things that happened around them. They shrugged when people asking what was the noises all about. And then, clucking sound of high heels can be heard from afar. Taeyeon and Sunny were anticipated, waiting for the person to show themselves.

“What the!!” both sisters speaks at the same time. Eyes widen. Mouth hanging open.

A lady walking charismatically towards them, hairs bouncing and waving smoothly with every step she takes, her aromatic rose scent spreading inside the hall filling the ambiance, arrogant smirked smitten all over her face. Wearing simple blue jeans with tucked in plaid white shirt compliment her radiant skin; enough to make every man and woman go wild.

“Jessica?”

A force pulling Taeyeon by her collar forward, crashing her lips with the later.

Several gasp from people around could be beard. Few innocent hearts were crushed. Camera flash flashing more intense than before; capturing the moment of these two love birds kissing.

Sunny smacked her forehead, witnessing what we called public display of affection in front of her and said, “Kids nowadays.”

“Umph shika pheophle afhlot.” Taeyeon mumble incoherent word. Jessica refused to let go off her lips and Taeyeon blushing like mad. She never told her friends; Jessica Jung is her girlfriend for 6 years. She wants to avoid unnecessary attention and at the same time prevent bunch of fake people who wants to befriend her just because she is Jessica’s girlfriend. She learned it hard from high school.

Unknown to her actually she has her own fans thanks to her cute dorky attitude. She matured prettily and grows to be a beautiful lady with brain. Making her ier in their eyes.

Jessica finally ended their kiss by tugging Taeyeon’s lower lip seductively. She leaned over and tilted her head slightly to be closely in contact with Taeyeon ear and whisper, “Congratulation Taengoo-yah. I miss you much.” blowing warm breath to more.

Taeyeon wanted to dig a hole, deep into the ground and hide her reddened face and ears. She was not used to this kind of PDA. She clears and said, “I thought you are in Bali. What are you doing here?”

“What? I can’t go to my girlfriend’s graduation?” Jessica said while throwing her hands into the air. “Oh..Sunny unnie. I have a present for you from Bali.” One of the black suited guys handed a huge paper bag to Jessica and she gave it to Sunny.

“Woahhhh. Thank you my favourite person in the whole world.” Sunny eyes sparkles looking at the content of the paper bag.

“Yah..unnie. I’m your favourite person in the world.” Taeyeon said with sad voice.

“No. Since Jessica came, you have been kick to 3rd place.” Sunny casually say.

“3rd? Who is second one? You~..” Taeyeon didn’t finish her sentence when a hand covers .

“Unnie, can I steal Taeyeon for a while?”

“No need for my permission. Take her. Do whatever you want to do with her. Keep her if you want.”

“FHunniee!!” Taeyeon shouted through her covered mouth.

Jessica instructed her bodyguard to Sunny until she reach home safely. Then she intertwined her fingers with Taeyeon’s , dragging her to her car.

“Where are we going?” Taeyeon asked.

“You ask too many questions. Just shut up and love me.”

“Arghhhh!!” Taeyeon groan stressfully.

*****

It took one hour driving from Taeyeon’s university to reach their destination. Jessica decided to drive her car without convincing them that she is okay and she wants some privacy with Taeyeon. The car ride was awfully quiet and Jessica felt uncomfortable. “Taengoo, are you mad at me?”

Taeyeon was looking outside, avoiding any physical or eye contact with Jessica. She was ignoring her.

Jessica holds Taeyeon’s hand and put it on her lap. Drawings circle on palm of her hand.

“Hands on wheel.” Taeyeon finally spoke and trying to retract her hand but Jessica was faster. She grabbed her hand tightly.

“My car is an auto car. I can drive with one hand, Taeyeon. What with you and your cold attitude towards me?” Jessica boldly asked.

“Nothing.”

“Taeyeon, I directly went to the airport from meeting to catch the earliest flight to go to your graduation ceremony. Is this the way you treat me after all I’ve done for you?” hurt clearly shows in her voice.

Taeyeon sighed. “You don’t have to do what you did, Sica.”

“What did I do?”

“Those kissing, teasing, seduced me in public.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Was it necessary?”

“You wanna know the answer. Here it is. Yes. It is very very necessary. We have been together for nearly 7 years. I noticed you never introduced me to your friends apart from Tiffany. Are you having an affair behind my back, Taeyeon?”

“No! God no! I would never do that to you.”

“What’s the problem then?”

“It just…it just.” Taeyeon paused and switch her position, looking at the driver. “High school was a nightmare for me. I got bullied every single day but today I’m glad I’m not a popular student because I got to know people who genuinely accept me for what I am including you, Krystal and Yuri. I’m afraid when everybody knows I’m a girlfriend to the most sought after bachelorette, they will treat me nicely not because of how good I am doing my work but because I’m your lover.”

“Taeyeon, if you living in this world, meeting those kinds of people are inevitable. You cannot run from it. I’ve seen different kind of people. Backstabber, cheaters, cheating husband or wife and all those fake human being. Trust me when I said a lot of people are waiting for me to fall, Taeyeon. So tune down your insecurities. To hell those people. You have me and I have you. We promise to protect each other, right?”

“Yeah. You’re right. I’m sorry baby.” Taeyeon kissed Jessica’s hand that holding hers. “but..”

“Oh my god Taeyeon. What else?” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“The way you enter the hall was so dramatic. I know you so well baby. That is not your flight-after-face. The way your hair moves and all. Not that I say you are not like that on daily basis because you are ungodly beautiful but its looks like..hm..what’s the word..staged?”

“Hahahahahahaha. You caught me there Taengoo. I went to the saloon and had my makeup done after touch down. Hey, I need to look good okay. Believe me, you and I will be on the front cover of few tabloids, magazine and even news. Truth is, I want to tell every man and woman in this world that you are taken. You are mine. Doctor Taengoo is mine.”

“Possessive much? Scary. But still love you.” She leaned over and kissed Jessica on her cheek.

*****

“We’re here.” Jessica parked the car and turn off the engine.

*ringtone*

“Sorry.” Taeyeon said. “It’s Tiffany. Video calling me.”

Jessica nodded.

“Taetae!!!!! Congratulationnnn!!” Her voice was too loud. Jessica was covering her ears.

“Thank you Fany-ah!” Taeyeon smiles watching her loud best friend on the screen.

“Annyeong Tiffany!!” Jessica waved on the front camera. Taeyeon changed the angle of the camera so that Jessica included in Tiffany’s view.

“Annyeong Jessica. I knew it. You must be with her. How are you? it’s been a while.”

“I’m good. Busy as always. You look good too.”

“Yeah. Everything went smoothly as I expected here. I’ll be back to Korea next month. Oh..by the way Taeyeon, sorry for not being there. Which not a big deal right because you have Jessica now. *sobs*” Tiffany faking her sadness.

“It is okay. What you are doing now is enough for me. Thank you Fany-ah…..”

*”Pany-ah, where is my pink bra?”* a voice in the back stopping their conversation. A figure came out on the screen behind Tiffany.

“Yah! What Yuri doing in your place??!!” Taeyeon’s eyes widen. Jessica quickly glanced over the screen. “don’t tell me you guys..”

“Oppss sory. My battery is low. Talk to you guys later. Byeee!!” Tiffany ends their video calls.

Looking at her black screen with mouth hanging open. “What the hell!” Taeyeon was still in shocked. “Tiffany said she is not gay. But what Yuri doing there?”

“Clearly Tiffany see you not more than a friend Taengoo-yah.” Jessica was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter