Selective Amnesia

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Seems So Real

She opened her eyes, staring at her princess (from monitor), looks like she already sleep.

“I guess you don’t have to sing 10 songs ey.” “Is she someone special to you?” the doctor asked.

“I’m just her personal assistant,” Taeyeon said.

“Personal assistant does not do that. Only blind people cannot see how you look at Ms. Jung, Taeyeon-shi. Even if they are blind, they can hear the way you talked to her,” the doctor chuckled.

“Even if she is my special someone, she is not mine.”

*****

“After reviewing all the lab tests and your MRI report, its like you never been in comatose state. Other than you are underweight and need more physiotherapy, everything is normal. I already told you what you have to do yesterday. I’ll refer you to our physiotherapist to schedule your session every week,” Dr. Hyori explained to Jessica and Taeyeon in her room. “Is there anything you want to ask Jessica?”

“It is possible to get amnesia after the accident, right?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. All those dreams and voices did bothering her so much.

“Yes. It is possible. Let have some more test. Do you remember all you family members?” Dr. Hyori sounded bit concern.

“Yes. I only have Krystal now. I know my late father died due to heart failure. I remember everything till the day of the accident but something isn’t right. I had a dream last night. Very vivid dream. I heard a voice. A girl voice. Just one. I knew I’ve met her. But I cannot really point who is she, where the place was and when was it.”

“Can you explain more details about your dream? My knowledge about psychology kind of rusty but I can help,” the long hair doctor move closer to the desk. Ready to listen everything Jessica wanted to say.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon who sat on a chair across the room. She too look like she really interested on hearing this.

Jessica her lips and turns her head down. “She has blonde hair, milky white skin and shorter than me. More like middle school student”

Taeyeon eyes widen upon hearing this.

“The place was so beautiful. I’m in a house made of wood most of the time.”

“Sounds like you’re in fairy tale,” the doctor chuckled.

“Yes. Yes it was. She said to me; she cares about me more than the breakfast and she said she glad that I found her….” Jessica pause for seconds and continue, “..and..and the most important words she said was; Sica baby I love you. I don’t know doc. The moment I heard those words from her, was the best seconds of my dream. I can feel that I deeply fell in love with her.” Flashing back those memories was enough to make Jessica felt giddy inside. She didn’t realise she was smiling.

On the other hand, Taeyeon was awfully quiet. Sitting on that chair, giving her best not to pound on Jessica. Her fist balled tightly on her thigh. Trying to control her wrecking emotions.

“Is it Yuri?” Dr. Hyori asked. Trying to help her. “Nah..it can’t be. She is tall and has lil bit dark complexion.” She put her index finger on her chin, figuring out who was this mysterious girl.

“But please doc. Don’t tell Yuri,” begs Jessica.

“Of course. Everything we discuss here is confidential. It is an unethical thing for me to do.”

“You too Taeyeon,” Jessica turns  her head at Taeyeon.  “Taeyeon?” she call Taeyeon again when she didn’t receive an answer from Taeyeon.  She saw Taeyeon was looking down silently. “Is she sleeping? A ‘good’ assistant she is. Must be she is too tired pushing me here and there.”

Little did she know, Taeyeon was avoiding Jessica’s gaze. She might lose her self-control once she saw Jessica’s eyes. Plus, she must not let Jessica see her crying. Yes, she was crying.

 “Did you see her face?” Dr. Hyori continues.

“That is the problem. Somehow she never turns her face to me. It keeps bothering me.”

The doctor sighed. “There is a condition what we called selective amnesia or selective memory lost. Providing that what you experience is a real event. This also common in hypnosis amnesia. Hypnotic amnesia, or forgetting under hypnosis, appears to be similar to naturally occurring clinical amnesia. However, hypnotic amnesia is distinct fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter