The Phoenix, The Helicopter and The Bus

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on seems so real

It was a day before Taeyeon have to go to school. She was on her way to the coffee shop Tiffany and she went few days ago. When she almost at the door, she saw Tiffany from the glass panel with someone, wearing a cap. Taeyeon decided not to enter the shop and went few metres away, behind a car, to stalk her best friend.

She saw Tiffany holding two cups of coffee, walking to a table, with that mysterious person tailed behind. Both of them sat on seats where Taeyeon and Tiffany sat before. “ppfft..what an . Gentleman my . Letting a girl holds coffee for you. Secret place for both of us huh. Guess I can’t even trust you anymore Fany-ah.” she thought.

*****

Because of her tiny frame, she cannot easily being seen behind the parked car. It’s been nearly 15 minutes she squatted pretending like a tiger stalking her prey. She saw the one who with Tiffany, open the cap, revealing long black silky hair. “A girl? I’ve never seen her before. Who is she?” she thought. They seem so close. Laughing and talking like an old friend. “That girl is sooo trying to hit Tiffany. Look..Look. Pretending to stand up to show her perfect figure”.

“Appa, can I go to the park with Daehan and Manse. Minguk always went to play the slide with Jessica noona. Minguk teach pretty noona some dinosaurs name too. She is so nice. I miss her. So can I go to the park? Please Appa…pleaseeee.” Taeyeon heard a voice belongs to a boy no far from her hiding place.

“Jessica? What a coincidence. Wait, Minguk? Hm…I think I heard this name before. But where.” she was thinking so hard.

“Of course you can Mingukie. But you have to promise to be a good boy and take care of your brothers.” A male voice approaching her. Maybe he is the boy’s father.

“Minguk is good boy. Minguk promise to be good to Daehan hyung and Manse too.” He nodded cutely and hugs his dad excitedly. What a cute little boy.

But suddenly,

“What are you doing here Noona? This is Appa’s car. Why are you sitting here? Are you pooping?” Another boy asked her so innocently.

“No..no..Noona is not pooping…noonaa..” without finishing her sentence, the boy shouting, calling his dad,

“Appaaaa..Appa. Look, noona is pooping hereee,” he pointed at Taeyeon.

“What..nooo..No. you misunderstood.” She waving her hands and stood up instantly.

“What are you doing there miss?” the man asked.

She quickly thinks of something, “I dropped my money here. I can’t find it. Oppss..here it is.” She pretending reaching for something and quickly shoved her hand in her pocket.

“Owh..I’m sorry for my son’s behavior. Manse, apologize to this noona.” He bow a little and push his son head to bow to Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry noona. Here take my candy.” Manse offered.

“Aigoo what a cute boy,” she sounds like ahjumma while ruffling his hair. “It is ok. My bad too. I would thought the same if I was you…hehehe”

“Thank you miss…”

“Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. Wow you sure have good genes. They are so cute. Are they triplets? Because they look like at the same age. What is your name sir?”

“Song Ilkook. Yes they are my triplets. I guess I do have good genes. Well their mother too of course.” He scratched his non itchy head. Laughing shyly.

“I bet their mother is pretty too. Sorry sir if I may ask did your boy, which that one, had been hospitalized before?” she randomly asked the man while pointing at Minguk.

“Minguk? Yes. How did you know? He passed out almost 2 days after falling from monkey bar,” he amazed by Taeyeon guessing.

“Well, I see that scar on his head. By the way, did he say who Jessica noona is? I have a friend who claims she knows her too.” She tried to investigate deeper.

“No. He said he met her in his dream. I thought she just her imaginary friend. Now that you said your friend met her too, its kinda creepy. Hahahaha.” He laughed again. This guy is easily amused. His laugh sounds funny too.

“Appaaa..I’m hungry. Can we go now?” Daehan said. Pulling the hems of his dad shirt.

“Owh..I have to go miss Kim. It’s nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you too sir. Bye bye Daehan , Minguk, Manse” she waved. Helplessly being cute.

“Byeee cute noona” they all said together.

*****

After meeting those cute triplets, the mysterious girl with Tiffany was long forgotten.  Her minds was focus on one and only, Jessica. She locked herself in her bedroom. Thinking hard about what just happen.

“I knew I heard about him before. He was a boy who came before me to that place. Hm..so Jessica said he was taken by bus. So bus means, that person will be awaked again. How about phoenix, helicopter and wind? Me obviously been taken by wind and I can go back to that place whenever I want.”  She look at the window. “Phoenix.” She took her phone and start search about that bird.

In greek mythology, phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.” – Wikipedia

“Hm…so I assumed those who ride that bird will be reborn again. Very interesting. So that left another option which is eternal death. The helicopter. I bet those people went straight to heaven. Which one would took Jessica? ” She remembered how tender Jessica lips against her. Even if it just in her dreams, everything feels real.

Suddenly she heard a knock on her door.

“Taeyeon, can I come in?” It was Tiffany. She peeked through small gap.

“Yeah..sure.” she said without moving from her bed.

“What are you doing lazy bum. Why don’t you go out and have some fun?”  Tiffany walked and stop at the end of the bed, where Taeyeon’s head lies on.

“With who? Myself? I’m having fun here. Lying on my bed.” She sounds bitter.

“What is going on Taeyeon? Are you still mad at me? I tried to call you but you didn’t pick up your phone. Are you still sick?” Tiffany put her right palm on Taeyeon’s forehead tenderly. She worried because Taeyeon never rejected a call from her.  Taeyeon also never miss to wish her good night every day. But this pass few days since the incident, Taeyeon acted differently. She admits that she did miss those small gestures.

“No, I’m okay. Never feels better.” She took tiffany’s hand from her forehead and tugged a bit, a sign of invitation, to sit on her bed. “So how was your date with Nickhun?” she asked.

“Can we talk about something else.” Not that she didn’t want to tell Taeyeon about her date, she afraid Taeyeon will be mad again. She remembered Taeyeon didn’t approve their relationship.

“Why? I want to know about it. Don’t worry I promise I won’t judge Nickhun anymore.” She tried to convince Fany.

“Really? Okay…we went to the movie first. We watched Pitch perfect 2. Nickhun picked that movie. And it was awesome.” She said excitedly

“wow..What a manly movie. Continue..”

“You promise you won’t judge. Then we went to lunch, underwater world and we strolled at the park near the river. He is so sweet.”

What is so sweet about that. I went to the mystical forest, played with wild animals, picked herbs and flowers, cooked and eat together with Jessica. Sleeps together too. (no ). Beat that thick brow.

“And we when to a café near the river. The scenery was so beautiful during night time. Its was so romantic.” Tiffany continues.

Romantic? Try lying on a field full of lavender, star gazing under moonlight. So peaceful. Fingers intertwine, whispers sweet things. Pfttt..Nickhun was so boring. Ahh..Jessica, I miss you baby.

“Taeyeon, are you even listening?” tiffany smacked Taeyeon shoulder. She knew Taeyeon’s mind is somewhere else.

“Of course I’m listening Fany-ah. I’m a good listener, remember?”

“Nickhun…he..” suddenly Tiffany’s face became redder and shy away.

“Nickhun what?” Taeyeon widen her eyes. She could not wait to hear next word.

“Nickhun asked me to become his girlfriend..” she lowered her head, didn’t want to see what Taeyeon reaction was.

“And?”

“Iaccept.hewassosweetandhandsomeandcaring.icantresist.” she talked so fast hoping Taeyeon will be less mad.

All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter