Sailing Into The Night

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Seems So Real

“What is it Yul. Just tell me.” Taeyeon could sense that Yuri has something to ask her.

“Hmm..can you please..please..please, accompany Jessica to her appointment today. I have very very important meeting to attend. Krystal is in Singapore. And Jessica really need someone to help her.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon agree instantly. acts faster than her brain. Maybe because she miss that girl so much.

“Really? Thank you Taeng. I owe you one. My driver already in front of your house. Her appointment at eleven. Got to go. Bye!” …tutttt….tut…

*****

It took about 15 minutes to reach Jung’s mansion from Taeyeon’s house. As usual the car park just in front of the main door.  Taeyeon could see Hara push the wheelchair slowly out of the mansion. “Should I help? Does Yuri tell Jessica I’ll be here instead of her? it.” She went out of the car and jogged to other side of the car to help the maids to put Jessica inside the car.

“There is no need to hold her up, we have another car that specially modified to carry the wheelchair into the car,” Yuri’s driver said after he saw Taeyeon clumsily out of the car.

“Aaa..ne,” she scratch the back of her head. “damn it Taeyeon. You should know thatttt. Stay cool. Stay cool.”

“Where is Yuri?” ask Jessica coldly.

A little bit taken back by the tone, Taeyeon answer, “Yuri-shi has important meeting to attend. Since I skip school today, she asked me if I can accompany you.”

The machine lifts the wheelchair and Jessica into the car after the maids secures it. Taeyeon quickly shut the door and went to other side.

*****

The journey to the hospital was very quiet. Taeyeon fidgeting on her seat feeling awkward being in this situation. “why she been so cold? Yesterday she was okay. She must be expecting Yuri to be with her now. stupid Kwon”

“Who are you?” Jessica asked. Her face still looking out the window. She never once turns her head toward Taeyeon.

Taeyeon felt a bit hurt by that question. The girl that she truly loves doesn’t recognise her. “I’m Kim Taeyeon. You probably cannot remember me from yesterday Jessica-shi.”

Upon hearing that name, Jessica turns her head, looking at Taeyeon up and down. “I’m sorry Taeyeon. You look different than yesterday. I’m sorry if I offended you.”

Different? Ahhh…now I know. She smacked her head because of her silliness. But she smacked way too hard, makes her head felt dizzy. “Auww,” she said.

Her action makes Jessica smile. How can you hit yourself too hard? Pabo.

“Sorry if my appearance confusing you. I supposed to have a rest at home. You know being loose, no makeup and stuff. But when Yuri called me, I immediately came to your house. I didn’t bother to wear anything fancy,” Taeyeon smiled. “I promise next time if we meet, I’ll be more presentable.”

“No, no. It is fine. You don’t have to do that. It just that..” she try to reach Taeyeon’s face, luckily Taeyeon was not that far, “you have very thin eyebrows. Your eyes look like floating.” Jessica rubs Taeyeon eyebrows.

Taeyeon gasp with the touch. That simple touch send electrical impulse to her heart. She tries so hard to stay calm. Don’t sweat. Don’t make stupid move Taeyeon.Smile. Smile

“Owh..I’m sorry for invading your personal space. Normally I’m not like this,” she retracts her hand.

“It is okay Jessica-shi,” she missed her touch already. “You just being honest.” Like always. Nothing change. “People at school used to call me browless midget. Until one day a very good friend of mine advised me to change a bit in order to not being bully anymore. Hence that what you saw me yesterday.”

“You getting bullied? Don’t worry. I’ll protect you. I’ll make sure they will suffer.” Jessica didn’t know why she felt angry when she heard that.

“There is no need for that anymore Jessica-shi. They already stop. Thanks to my friend’s advice.”

“Well she must be a very special friend.” Jessica said with a tinge of jealousy.

“She is.” Taeyeon nodded.

“Good for you. Taeyeon, can we drop the formality? You can call me Jessica. We’re at the same age right?”

“Sure. Sounds good Jessica.” If I can call you Sica baby one more time, It will be awesome Sica-yah.

Suddenly the car stopped. “We are here Ms. Jung” the driver said.

******

For couple of hours Taeyeon never leave Jessica’s side. From the examination room to MRI machine. Taeyeon even refused to let the nurse take over the wheelchair. She wanted to do it by herself and Jessica more than happy when she did that. Jessica felt so secure around Taeyeon.

Taeyeon noticed Jessica couldn’t stay still inside the machine. She can clearly see Jessica face on the monitor. The doctor allows Taeyeon to enter the observation room when Jessica asked for their permission. They could not refused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter