Gifts

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Seems so Real

Moment later, Yuri felt wet warm liquid on her neck. She kissed Jessica forehead, and said, “Lets end our engagement.” The words came out finally. It feels like thousands of glass cutting her heart, shredding it into pieces. She had been thinking about it. Seeing Jessica’s eyes describing how she felt about Taeyeon was enough for her to know the fact if this arranged marriage still going on, Jessica will never be as happy as when she with Taeyeon.

*****

“Wasn’t my order clear enough? Did I say you can continue Jessica’s suffering or you must end it? I could clearly recall it was the later.” A tall, broad shoulder man and very strong physique with the voice as loud as lightning walking down flight of stairs. Every angels were scattered away to give the way for the God. “Someone explain!” The god voice roared.

A figure sitting on a huge pearly white throne smiled. Slowly the black shiny long haired Goddess raise from her seat walked closer to the god, calmly said, “You don’t have to shout you know. You are now in my department. Don’t act like you’re in charge of everything.” The goddess flipped her hairs as she turned her body around, slapping the god face with her aromatic hairs leaving him astounded.

“Don’t you get the memo from Almighty to give Jessica her happiness? From what I’d observed, she worse than before. Do your job properly.” The god points his finger at the goddess.

“Heh,” the goddess chuckled. “Didn’t one of your messenger that screw things up? or you the one who didn’t do your task properly. If you did, why Jessica still has those memories?”

The god is about to open his mouth again but the goddess didn’t give him a chance. “I did get the memo though….and another memo which every god and goddess knows it’s a top secret made exclusively for my department. So you need to tune down your ego and the door is that way. Or you need one of my angels to show you the way?” said the goddess in most charismatic way possible.

The God maintained his attitude and walked away arrogantly.

*****

“Unnie.”

No respond

“Unnieeee,” Krystal tries once again with childish voice. Cute.

Krikk..krikk.

Frustration building up. These were rare occasion where the two sisters could spend time together but the older one was busy with her phone. Both of them sitting on a couch, legs entangled with matching leopard printed leggings. Jessica was too focus with whatever she been doing till her other senses shutted down.

The maknae became impatient and gave slight kick to Jessica and called her sister real name, “Yah! Jessica Jung Sooyeon!!”

“Ouch!! Yah!!! Waee??!!” said Jessica rubbing her . She took the small pillow beside her and threw it to Krystal for revenge.

Krystal shields her face with her hands and dodged the attack. “You have been ignoring me. Pay attention to meeee!!” she nagged.

Jessica looked at her sister and smiled. Sometimes she forgot although Krystal is one of the important people in Jung Coporation, she stills a teenager. Jessica puts her phone on the table and lean over. “Yes my lovely sister. You now have all my attention. Please state your desire.” She put her right hand over Krystal head and ruffled her hairs. “Aigoooo.” She said.

Krystal smacked Jessica’s hand and smoothen her hairs. Legs on Jessica’s lap. “Unnie, what day is the day after tomorrow?”

“Huh? Hmm..wait. Aaaa..” she took a peek on her phone and answer, “Tuesday. You the one who always go out. You should know. I lost the track of time months ago.”

“Arghhhhh..” Krystal sound frustrated. Again. “Why I have such an idiot sister?” Now she the one who lean over and knock her sister on the head. Playfully of course. “Yah, Tuesday is April 18. It’s your birthday.”

Jessica rubs her head. That hit sure knock some sense of her. “Owh..yeah. So?”

Krystal stood up and says, “Don’t make me knock your head again unnie. Let’s have a partayyy!! P.A.R.T.Y…P.A.R.T.Y” she sang and danced likes Girls’ Generation song, Party. “To celebrate your birthday and your comeback to the office. You are healthy enough now, pretty y I guess.” She put her fingers under her chin and tapped it like she checking out Jessica. “Please unnie..pleaseeeeeeeee. Last year we didn’t celebrate it.”

“If you want Paris Hilton kind of party, no thank you. We can celebrate it in private restaurant. You and I. okay?”

“You turn 18 but you act like you are 48 or something. No fun at all. How about we celebrate it with like 20-30 people in our guesthouse. The one at the beach. I really want to hang out with my friends there.” Krystal was on her knees, begging for her idea to be granted.

“Its April, Krystal. Still cold. Why you want to go to the beach in spring?”

“But..but our guesthouse is large. We have private beach, private boat, a garden and we can do so much activities there. And guess what?

“What?”

“Taeyeon-unnie birthday was on March 9 and I was told she too didn’t celebrate her birthday that day. Isn’t it a good idea to do a belated surprise party for her too?” Krystal said with cheeky smile. She knew she hit her sister soft spot when Jessica was a bit taken back.

Taeyeon’s birthday already passed? Why she didn’t tell me? Hmm..

“Hello. Earth to Jessica. Earth to Jessica.”

“Call the guesthouse manager. Do what you have to do. Tell all the maids they can come too. They need vacation. Invite your close friends only okay. This is an invitation only party. Hire a party planner. But you in charged okay. I trust you.” Jessica firmly stated what she wanted like she always did in the pass.

“If I take care of everything, what is your role then?”

“Its my party. Surprise me. I have important things to do.” She got up from the couch and took her phone and went straight upstairs to her room.

“Like I don’t know what you are going to do. Heh!” Krystal snickered. She quickly stood up and proceed to the study room to begin planning. 2 days is enough to get everything done if you are heiress of multimillionaire company.

*****

Jessica’s Bedroom.

The now blonde hair girl was pacing right and left around the bedroom, thinking hard what she going to give Taeyeon as a gift. A car? Did she have a licence? A matching phone? Couple tshirt? Wait whaat?!! Why do I have this thought? She is not even my girlfriend. Arghhhh!! She plopped herself on the bed. Hm…If I was you, what do I want? What an 18 year old girl want for her birthday? Better google it. Or should I just call her and ask?

She fished her phone on her nightstand and dialled Taeyeon’s number. Yup, she memorized it. No need to search the contacts. Her heart beats like crazy. She didn’t even know why. She just her PA right? Why she has to be so nervous?

“Hello Jessica.” Taeyeon answer the phone call almost immediately.

That is fast. She must be texting someone.

“Hi Taeyeon. What are you doing?”

“Hurm..nothing. Just lay in bed doing nothing. Is there something you need me to do, Sica?

Sica..hehehe. I like it when she calls me that.

“I want to ask you what you want for….,” sudden realization hits her. Isn’t this party is a surprise for her? Oh my god! I’m so close from ruining it. She smacked her own forehead for her own stupidity.

“What I want for what Sica?...Hello. Are you still there? What is that smacking sound?”

“Yeah..yeah I’m here. There is ummm..umm..a mosquito biting my arm. I try to kill it.” I’m sorry mosquito for using you.

“Ahh..I see. Mosquito already come out this time of the year huh. Be careful though. I don’t want those pesky mosquitoes ruining your beautiful skin.”

Jessica was biting her lips when Taeyeon said her skin is beautiful. Taeyeon words never fail making her lips tugged upwards.

“Thanks Taengoo. I’ll make sure to put mosquito’s traps around the house.” She cares about me.

“……so what is your question again?”

“Question? What question?” For a moment her mind went blank.

“You were asking me about what I want. But for what?”

“Did I?” stopppp being silly Jessicaaaa. For God sake you are the face of Blanc and Eclare. “What I meant to ask actually is..do you want to come to my party this Tuesday?” She mentally patted herself on her shoulder for smoothly changing the question. Good job Jessica. Good job. Self high five.

“Party?”

“Yes party. My birthday party. Its kinda short noticed. Krystal was literally begging me to do this.”

“Birthday party??! Yeah..yeah of course I would like to come. Wow..”

“Why you sound so surprise? Don’t you tell me you don’t know my birthday Taengoo. You are my PA and my friend. Ah..my heart is hurting, “ said Jessica jokingly. She doesn’t know Taeyeon’s birthday too so its fair.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up for you okay. I promise. I will definitely come.”

“Good. You can invite you family and friends too. Just tell me how many of them and their details before 2 PM tomorrow. My driver will pick you all up at 6 so you guys have time to relax before the party. It just a casual party. No need to dress up”

“Sounds great! I will give the details tomorrow. In fact, I’ll give you before midnight today since I didn’t have other family other than Sunny unnie and my best friend.”

Best friend? She never mentioned she has a best friend. Is it a girl? Or boy? “Okay. You do that. Bye.” With that she hung up the phone. She couldn’t help it feeling a bit jealous when Taeyeon said ‘my best friend’. She didn’t even know why she acting so weird around Taeyeon. Like she not herself anymore. So weird.

*****

Taeyeon bedroom

Taeyeon was shaking his legs, biting her pencil, scratching her non itchy head. She couldn’t stay still thinking what kind of gift she wants to give Jessica. She didn’t have much saving to give expensive gift. She did save some money she get from her salary but most of it she used to pay her tuition fees. She knew Jessica could have everything in the world because she is more than capable of buying anything she wants because of her fortune.

She looked at the blue clock hanging on the wall near her wardrobe. It almost 10 and she didn’t tell about the party to Sunny and Tiffany yet. She holds on her thought and walked out her bedroom, went straight to Sunny’s bedroom and knocked on the door.

“Sunny-unnie. Can I come in?” she asked.

“Yeah sure Taengoo.”

Taeyeon entered and sit on Sunny’s bed. “Unnie, do you remember Jessica? My boss?”

“Aa..your girlfriend. Yes I remember.” Sunny recalled Taeyeon had been saying her name in her sleep for several nights. She remembers her sister shed couple drops of tears after that.

“Aishh. Can you not. So…she invites us to her birthday party this Tuesday.”

“uuuuu..she is rich right?”

“Very”

“Her party must be interesting. Plus I want to see my sister’s girlfriend for the first time. I want to see the person who stole my ugly sister’s heart. Hahahahaha,” Sunny said. Such a teaser.

“Shut up unnie. Please do not say any ridiculous, weird, odd, bizarre stuff there. As I said, she can’t remember me. So please behave,” she said with stern voice. More like a warning.

“Aigoo my poor baby.” She hugged Taeyeon and patted her head. “She will remember you, okay. She certainly will.”

“Well it had been months. Everything is the same. I don’t want to get my hopes up. whatever be, will be.”

*****

TY: Fany-ah.

TF: Yup. What’s up?

TY: Jessica is having a birthday party on Tuesday. She invites us. Wanna come?

TF: Jessica? Who?

TY: Jessica my boss

TF: Aaa..Your Jessica. Your boss? Isn’t she your girlfriend?

TY: Why everyone say like that. Arghh

TF: Hey you the one who said it first okay.

TY: what everrr. So?

TF: Sure. Finally. Yeah

TY: Finally what?

TF: Nothing.

TY: (_ ._) tomorrow at 6. Her driver will pick us up.

TF: Ooo..yeah! I always want a driver with fancy car pick me up. Like Yuri. ^_^

TY: Don’t be late okay. Good night Fany.

TF: Nite Taetae.

Sigh.

To : Icy Goddess

Hello Sica. Sorry for late text. It is confirm only 3 people will come. My sister; Sunny-unni, my best friend Stephanie Hwang and me. See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Simple as that. She has a lot to say to Jessica but her last phone conversation didn’t seem end very well. She doesn’t have any idea why. Hm..Jessica is Jessica. Sometime she’s hot, some other time she was cold. Too cold until she literally frozen. Remember when they had an argument on The Tree? When suddenly the weather changed into snow storm. Yeah..thats the one.

Oh my god!! That is it. The perfect gift for her. I hope. It will be one of a kind. Special for both of us. Yes. Yes. You’re genius Taeyeon!!

She was so happy with her own idea. She was so confident with her decision. “Better start now.” She was skipping to downstairs excitedly to start her gift project. She wouldn’t have enough sleep for today but she didn’t care. What is sleep anyway? Pfft.

*****

*beep..beep..beep*

Her phone chimed. She looked at the screen to know who the sender is. She smiled when she saw the name appear on the screen. Dorky PA. She unlocked the screen and click on the notification. Suddenly her lips turned downward. Her brows creased.

“Stephanie Hwang. Who the hell is she? Best friend huh? Stephanie, must be a very loud person.”

*****

Monday

Sun shine through glass windows, illumina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter