Breakups

Seems So Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Seems So Real

“Taengoo..”

“Yes, Sica.” She turned her head to Jessica.

Deugeun..deugeun.

“Your voice. Your voice was so lovely. I found it so.…soo..familiar,” Her voice. Yes! Her voice. Oh my God!!

“Taetae!!! Where have you been? Arghhh!!”

“Fany?! Shoot I forgot she is waiting for me. I got to go. Thank you Mr. Park. Thank you Sica. Bye!!” she slammed the door and jogged toward Tiffany.

*****

“What a long day,” Taeyeon sighed. To control all the emotion she kept for that few hours did exhaust her physically and mentally. Tiffany came for few minutes just to pass the homework as she promised and she went to have a date with Nickhun. Same old. Now Taeyeon was alone in her bedroom, wondering what more could happen after this. She couldn’t live like this. Knowing the person she loves the most didn’t have slightest memory of her. but if she give up now, how about the promise she made with Jessica? “Even if I keep the promise, she wouldn’t remember it. Does she?” tears b in her eyes.

Few months later

Jung Mansion

“You look horrible, Sica,” Yuri said when she enter backyard watching Jessica sat by the gazebo near the pool.

Well actually Jessica has been better. She is strong enough to do all the chores by herself. No more wheelchair. Her skin looks more radiant, her body looks healthy. It just the way Yuri saw her face like she is missing something. Something she knew too well what it is but still didn’t have the courage to reveal.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Jessica sighed. She ran her hands through her much thicker hair to smooth it out a little.

“Have you talked to the psychiatrist? Do you take those pills the doctor told you?” she walked over the gazebo and sat right next to Jessica.

“Yes and no.” Jessica said while her eyes staring at the pool because somehow the shimmering water when the surface hit by sunlight gave her slight calmness. “I’ve been talking to the psy doctor since the beginning. I gave up Yul. Nothing improves. Those pills give me dreams, I can’t…I can’t sleep dreaming about something that doesn’t exist but felt so real every night.” Her voice quivered, lips trembling. “Help me Yul.”

“How can I help you when you never told me what your dreams were about, Sica? I know you’ve been experiencing this since the day you woke up but why you never share it with me? I’m your best friend and..” she was about to say fiancée but the word seems very hard to say nowadays since she knew that word will prevent Jessica to open up with her more.. “and I missed my best friend so much,” Yuri try to reach Jessica’s hand and entangled their fingers.

Jessica felt so guilty hearing those words from Yuri. She knows she’s been neglecting Yuri but she could not help it because she had her own reasons too. “I’m so sorry Yuri-ah. I missed us too. Spend the night with me like good old days. We can talk and shares everything on the bed. How bout that?” Jessica looked at Yuri with genuine smile while playing with Yuri’s fingers.

Ahh…that smile. “On the bed? Like everything?” ByunYul. That earn a slap on her thigh and followed by her laugh.

“Just talk okay. No funny business.” Jessica glare at Yuri with her famous icy cold stares.

“Hahahahaha. That one I missed the most. Sounds great. I’ll clear my morning schedule for you and we can talk for hours. Who need sleep when my best friend is around right?” Yuri felt very excited but at the same time the hurt she felt couldn’t be ignored. She knew what coming next. The time has finally come.

*****

“Fany-ah, why you look gloomy. You didn’t talk much either. Very very strange. Is there something you didn’t tell me?” Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with concern. She noticed her best friend changed few days ago but she thought it was normal because she always acted like that whenever she had a fight with Nickhun. This time was different. She swears she saw Tiffany’s eyes were pool with tear.

Tiffany tried to avoid Taeyeon’s gaze and said, “Nothing. Maybe the time of the month is coming.”

“Liar,” Taeyeon simply replied.

“It is true.”

“Who are you trying to lie here Fany-ah. I’m your best friend, remember? I know when the last time you have your period was. Now, tell me Fany, what was bothering you? I cannot let my loud pink monster sad,” she tugged Tiffany’s arm to stop her from walking.

Tiffany let out audible sigh and turned her body to face Taeyeon. “Nickhun broke up with me,” and by that her tears was streaming down like pouring rain.

First thing Taeyeon did was pull Tiffany into her embrace. No word needed. She knew how much Tiffany fancies that stupid guy and how hurt her best friend now. They stay like that for more than 5 minutes just hugging each other. Although people who walked pass them threw weird look, they didn’t care. After Tiffany seems calmer, Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s hand and led her to the nearest playground. Her favourite playground.

They sat down on an old bench. In front of them was the swing she used to play. “Remember this place Fany-ah?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany rubbed her face with the trace of her tears with her palm and takes a good look at the playground. She scanned all over the place; the swings, the slides and sand box which now full of tall grass. She nodded. “How can I forget. This was the very first place I met you, the sad and lonely kid.”

Taeyeon chuckled when she heard the answer. “Very much true, Fany-ah. I remember every detailed what was happen that day, what you were wearing and how you approached me. Shiny pink shoes, bright pink lacy socks, white tight pants, princess dress and mini mouse tiara. Handing swirly pink lollipop.”

“Why you checking me out from toe to head Taeyeon-ah? I know you were weird since kid,” Fany let out small laugh and shaking her head.

Hearing to Tiffany laughter makes Taeyeon a bit relieve somehow she managed to divert Tiffany’s attention from thought of Nickhun.

“I couldn’t help it okay. My vision starting to deteriorate around that time and first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter