Chapter 8

Love and Doubts

Wonwoo’s POV

 

*Jun posted a photo*

 

Why is he not sending me a message even if he’s online? And who is this guy with him? you got a lot of explaining to do to me Wen Junhui..

 

To: Wen Stupid

Just wondering why you’re not sending me a message. I miss you Jun

 

P.S: who is the guy on your recent photo?

 

Today is the first day of my tutoring session with a giant called Kim Mingyu and I don’t know what would be the end result of this session. I am uncomfortable even with just thinking about it but he cant do anything about it, and he’s just hoping that Jun would send a message so that I can feel a little assured and confident.

 

And now, Im standing in front of his door, hesitating whether to knock or just run away.

 

“Oh? Who are you?”

 

My thoughts were cut off by a kid who looks like an American. And is he talking to me?. I looked at my side and saw no one. And we are the only who is in this hallway.

 

“Hi! You looking for Mingyu hyung?” then the kid pointed at Mingyu’s door.

 

Oh? He knows Mingyu. Is he staying in this dorm too? I nodded

 

“Why are you not knocking then? Im Hansol Choi by the way” the kid offered his hand.

 

I reached it and gave it a little shake before I introduced myself, the kid looks nice too “Im Wonwoo, his tutor”

 

And as if he just heard something unbelievable he lightly freaked out “Wonwoo? Jeon Wonwoo?”

 

Okaaaaaay? How did this kid knows my name? he is starting to freak me out too. He is not even familiar to me.

 

“Who’s th------“ Thank goodness! The door opened and Mingyu’s head popped out from the other side, just like how he did when we are standing at the cafeteria. “Mr.Jeon! you’re here”

 

“Hyung!”

 

So he really knows Mingyu huh.  

 

 “Hey Hansol! Why are you here?”

 

“Well,I was about to go to my room but I saw Wonwoo~~” Hansol’s eyebrows wriggled.

 

Mingyu pulled the Hansol kid away from me. I looked at them dumbfounded and annoyed. They were talking about something and Hansol is poking Mingyu like.

 

“uhm? Can we just go and get this over?” I said loudly so that they would hear me. I don’t to stay here longer.

 

Mingyu looked at me and smiled apologetically “ahh! Yes ofcourse! Hansol is going now, right hansol?” and pushed Hansol away “Lets go”

 

Mingyu lead the way inside his place. And Im impressed by how clean Mingyu is. A guy who knows how to cook and clean huh? Different from his image at school. Mingyu appeared carrying a small table placing it in front of the couch.

 

“Here?”

 

I nodded and sat on the floor. Taking out my notes and arranging it on the table.

 

“Do you want to eat first?”

 

“no sit down and get this over”

 

“Ok?” and he sat beside me. Good kid.

 

I started talking about some kind of equations and lines connecting with each other, I have to take math slowly, Mr.Jung told me that Mingyu is having troubles with Math and he also highlighted some important parts to help, but Im feeling like a little uncomfortable. The feeling like someone is staring at me. I waited for Mingyu’s reaction. But he just stayed quiet.

 

“Are you listening to me?” I turned to him, but I don’t know that our faces are just inches away from each other. I can feel my cheeks starting to burn.

 

I stared at him. his eyes. I haven’t seen that kind of expression on his eyes yet. Its like its up all the energy I have in my body. The next thing I know is that Mingyu is already leaning closer. This is not good. And if I wont back out now something crazy would happen. Thankfully I found a bit of strength and turned away. Returning all the attention on our lecture.

 

But Mingyu held my chin and kissed me, my body shuts down. But strangely I can feel Mingyu’s hand onmy nape pulling me closer to him. He started giving me soft bites on my lower lip like he is asking me if he can continue or not. I want to tell him to stop. But…. My body wont follow my mind. I just found myself feeling like I want to return the kiss.

 

And when I was about to, The sound of my phone ringing woke up all the shut down organs and senses in my body, that is the ringtone solely assigned for Jun’s number and there I found enough courage to push Mingyu away. I cant breathe normally and my heart is like about to some out because of its heavy pounding.

 

I went to the kitchen to answer the call.

 

“H-hello? Jun?”

 

“Hey baby. Im sorry I cant response to your messages. Mom and Dad are all hyped up and I got busy visiting old friends and relatives.”

 

His voice. The voice I needed the most right now. My heart is starting to calm down and my breathing is slowly going to normal pace. But Its not enough to prevent him from stammering.

 

“I-its ok. Im just worried about you”

 

“Hey! Hey! Are you ok?” Jun’s worried voice.

 

“Ofcourse! Im just relieved to know that you are ok.”

 

“are you sure? Where are you? Your house? Do you want me to call Jeonghan hyung or Jihoon for you?”

 

“No! I mean no. Im ok. I just missed you”

 

Im so dead if he would found out that Im spending some time with someone I barely know.

 

“Baby.. I’ll be back this Sunday ok? Don’t worry about me and take care of yourself hmm?Hey Junhui! Lets go! Ok!”

 

Im relieved that he’ll be back soon but a little jealous when I hear someone calling him.

 

“Who’s that?” Im aware that my tone changed.

 

“Oh. You know the guy with me on a photo I posted recently? That’s him. He is Minghao, my childhood friend”

 

“Oh.. ok! I guess you’re busy. I’ll just see you this Sunday”  I secretly wished that Jun would reject his friend’s invitation and just talk to him all day.

 

“Ok I’ll see you this Sunday” then Jun hang up.

 

“Wonwoo Im S------“

 

 I jumped out of surprise and realized that Im still at Mingyu’s dorm.

 

“I got to go and I don’t think I can still continue being your tutor. Sorry!” im not crazy enough to continue tutoring him after what happened to them. And he needs to reflect the action I showed today. I need to get out of here right now!

 

“Wonwoo Im sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. Its just that…”

 

“What?! Are you going to tell me that you didn’t mean to kiss me? Look, Mingyu I don’t know what are trying to do or what your intentions are. But I want to clarify some things to you just in case you misunderstood all the actions I have showed these past few days. First, I have a boyfriend and Im very sure you are aware of that since you talked about him just a few days ago right? second, I ate lunch with you because you forced me. And lastly, I became your tutor because I don’t have a choice but to accept it ok?”

 

Whew! That’s a week supply of words I have dropped there. But I wish that he would get what I mean. I saw him clinch his fist. But I don’t have time to console him. I started walking to his door

 

“I-I know that all those things means nothing for you. I know that I forced you to do those things. For you its nothing but for me its everything! Its everything Wonwoo!”

 

Mingyu grabbed my arms tightly.

 

“M-mingyu! What are you talking about?”

 

“I like you Wonwoo. No! I love you”

 

Wait, what? Did he just confessed to me? My heart, Its starting to beat fast again.

 

“M-mingyu…. I…”

 

Mingyu shook his head “I know you have a boyfriend. Im sorry for kissing you. I understand if you’ll avoid me” He lets my arm go and started walking to his bedroom

 

“Bye Mingyu…” and walked out.