Chapter 20

Love and Doubts

Jun’s POV

 

“Its now or never Wonwoo”

 

I didn’t even imagine that this day would come. I love Wonwoo with all my heart and God knows how sincere I am. He made me feel like I am always in dreamland. Being with him is one of the happiest moment of my life.

 

Our relationship was good, even if Wonwoo is the type of person who doesn’t express himself that much. He’ll just smile or blush every time I would say the three magic words ‘I love you’. He doesn’t like me being too clingy or mushy to him. Maybe because Im his first, but I don’t really care Im so in love with him that I want everyone to know that he is mine and Im his.

 

I didn’t had a hard time keeping him for myself, Wonwoo intimidates people easily with his sharp looks, so no one really tried to hit on him. but Wonwoo only looks cold on the outside, his personality is the total opposite of it, he is like a big marshmallow. He is scared of dogs and cant even stand the smell of seafood (he is allergic xD). But he likes cat, he even acts like one and it’s the cutest thing that Wonwoo does every time. His purpose for living are eatinkg cheeseburgers, He loves them more than he loves me (I think?)

 

We were like the total opposite of each other. I love making friends, mingling with other people helped me boost my confidence as a dancer. But Wonwoo doesn’t like people and crowded places, he only have Jihoon and Jeonghan hyung as friends before he met me.

 

I love skinships, I would kiss and hug him whenever I feel like to. Wonwoo likes skinships but not as much as I love it, He does it when we are just alone together. We may have opposite traits but I guess that’s why I love him so much because opposites attract.

 

All is well between the two of us and our relationship until I came back from my short vacation with my family and friends in China.

 

His usual cold aura became colder. He pushed me hard when I tried to kiss him the day that I came back. Wonwoo may hate skinship but he would never ever do such thing to me. I saw the expression on his face and noticed that he himself was shocked to what just had happened. We walked home without talking to each other. It bothered me a lot so I asked Soonyoung if something happened while Im away but I got nothing since he and Jihoon are not talking to each other that time and they didn’t get to hang out together.

 

But strange things happened one after another, there goes his ‘special project’. The musical. He drew even farther away from me since I also started to get a little busy too. Seungcheol wants me to make up for the practices that I have missed while Im away. But I don’t want our busy schedules break us apart so I would sneak out of practices to go to his musical practice. I don’t care if Seungcheol would make me run 20 laps or do 50 push ups as my punishment for sneaking out, I just want to see him.

 

I also noticed that Wonwoo always looks around the cafeteria during lunch breaks, he was like finding someone or something and I don’t have any idea who and what is it that he is trying to find. I don’t want to think negatively and jumped into a conclusion all of a sudden, so I ignored them.

 

My suspicions and doubts grew bigger when he started spending time with his classmates and even had sleepovers when he doesn’t even spend a night with me. he also started ignoring my calls and texts. All these things are not so him. I know that something is already going on but I still don’t want to confront Wonwoo about it.

 

I called Minghao, my childhood friend in China for some advice and he told me that Im just being paranoid and that Im not used to seeing Wonwoo going out of his comfort zone and that I should be proud that he knows now how to interact with people. I thought to myself that Minghao is right so I once again ignored it.

 

I erased all the suspicions I have in my mind and focused on Wonwoo

 

But these past 2 days he completely shut himself. I tried calling and texting him but his phone is either busy or turned off. Who is he calling all day? What if he is already falling out of love? Those thoughts are makes me worried and sad.

 

And today.. I finally saw him walking on the hallway with his phone on his ear. He looked like he is calling someone but I think the one on the other line is not picking up that it makes him annoyed. I fished out my phone from my pocket wishing that he is calling me and the reason why I cant hear it is because my phone is on silent mode. But unfortunately, he is not.

 

He is so focused on trying to contact whoever it is that he doesn’t even noticed that Im following him. this someone must be so important to him. I continued following him. Im dying to put my hands around him and just hug him really tight, oh god I miss him so much. But Im relieved to see that he looks perfectly ok and healthy.

 

Wonwoo suddenly stopped I don’t know what happened but I just found myself hiding behind a wall. He just stood there, eyes focused on two guys laughing in front of him, they seemed to be not aware of Wonwoo’s presence because they are too busy keeping themselves entertained with each other. Its Kim Mingyu and someone not so familiar but I think I already saw him somewhere.

 

Mingyu might have felt that they are being stared at because he slowly looked up until his eyes met Wonwoo’s, his expression changed in just like a snap and immediately stood up properly.

 

I stared at the both of them. They are giving each other meaningful stares. It is the first time I saw that kind of look on Wonwoo’s eyes, I cant see it properly but I know that he haven’t looked at me like that. Their intense staring contest broke when Mingyu ran away all of a sudden. And I can see Wonwoo looking at the direction he went to.

 

And from that very moment, I finally found the missing piece. Kim Mingyu. Wonwoo briefly talked about him once. He told me that he helped Mingyu with his studies and he is not that important. But if Mingyu is someone who is not someone important to him, why would his phone number be on Wonwoo’s contact list?

 

That day.. the day when he called on Wonwoo’s phone and I was the one who picked it up. I told him that he can tell me whatever he wants to tell Wonwoo because he was sleeping but he doesn’t want to. The call completely slipped off of my mind when Wonwoo woke up, I just remembered it when Jihoon told us that he was unable to call Wonwoo because his phone is busy.

 

Wonwoo ran outside the library when he saw that the call is still connected. He looked like he had just commited  a huge mistake. Jihoon also noticed on his sudden actions. Is there something going on with the two of them?

 

My mind keeps on producing realizations. After class, I rushed out to find Wonwoo. It didn’t took me long enough to find him. He was sitting at a bench alone. I quietly walked closer to him and stood behind him. I heard him letting out a deep sigh.

 

For the first time in 2 days, we talked. I want to squeeze out all the answer to my questions from him but he acts al innocent and like he doesn’t know what I am talking about. What hurts me the most is not about him not talking to me but Its when I asked him if he wants to ask me how I have been, he just glanced at me and answered as if he doesn’t care at all. It hurts me to realized how he had changed.

 

I don’t think I can handle all the emotions any longer. I asked him if I did something wrong, said something that annoyed him but he stayed silent.

 

“its now or never Wonwoo..”

 

I took a deep breath before asking him the biggest question. “A-are you…. cheating on me? …….. with Mingyu?”

 

He looked at my eyes. His sharp eyes that used to intimidate people is looking at me with sadness written all over it. “I……. Im sorry”

 

And that totally broke every piece of me. the answer to the question I have been dying to ask.

 

I can see his hand holding my wrist but why cant I feel anything? “Jun.. Im sorry.. I just---“

 

“S..t..o..p. am I not enough? Am I not enough that you have to find someone else? Did you have fun playing with me and my feelings?”

 

“Jun”

 

“he knows about us right?”

 

He looked down and nodded. ofcourse. Everyone knows about us. But what the fck! “Ah.. so both of you chose to hide it from me and played behind my back?”

 

“Im confused and I don’t know what to do”

 

Hah! “No Wonwoo. You know! Stop acting like you don’t know anything because If you loved me or even liked me, you would never find someone else. I love you Wonwoo, Im sure you know that. I would have understand you if you just broke up with me first before you entertained him. but what did you do? You chose to do it the hard way.” People are starting to gather around us I can hear them whisper top each other.

 

“should we keep on playing Wonwoo? Should I put a blind eye and ignore you cheating on me? tell me baby. Do you want that?”

 

He remained silent. I want to hit him straight on the face but I love him so much that I cant find any strength to do so.

 

“talk..”

 

“I don’t want to lose you.. Mingyu and I are already over”

 

“Hah! You and your lover broke up and you want me to stay with you so that you wouldn’t be left alone. Is that it?”

 

I feel even more offended. What am I to him, a reserved one? Im the boyfriend. I have all the right to be first in his priorities but for him Im not. I cant take it anymore. “I guess Mingyu got sick of you and your dirty tricks baby that’s why he left you. but guess what baby, Im leaving you too. We’re over. Im breaking up with you”

 

I said it. I ran away leaving him standing with people gathered around him and giving him hateful looks. I may hate him but I still care for him. I dialed Jeonghan hyung’s number..

 

“Jun?”

 

“hyung? Can you pick Wonwoo up? He’s at the school garden. Something happened so I need you to pick him up quickly”

 

“why? What happen?”

 

“please hyung. Just go to him. he needs you now. Thankyou hyung” and I hang up. All the tears that I have been trying to suppress finally came out.

 

Goodbye Jeon Wonwoo.

_____________________ 

Annyeong haseyo :) Short Update for you guys. hope you'll like it :) xoxo

- Ae