Chapter 26

Love and Doubts

Mingyu’s POV:

 

*BANG!* *BANG!*

 

“Kim Mingyu!!!! Open this damn door!”

 

The loud banging on my door woke me up. I didn’t realized that I cried myself to sleep. The pillow is still wet from my tears. Looking at them made me realized what I have just done.

 

“KIM MINGYU! Are you not going to open this door? Do you want me to break this?”

 

Who’s that? I went and the moment I opened the door, I punched from raging Seungcheol hyung welcomed me. “What the hell hyung?!!”

 

“WHAT?? What the hell? HA!” He entered my unit, stomping his feet with every steps he take. “Are you aware of what you have done?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

 

“You and Wonwoo went to talk to Junhui today right?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Well, What happened after the talk? Why is Jun lying in a hospital bed right now with broken limbs?”

 

“H-huh? H-how? I left first. I-I don’t know what happened after that.”

 

Seungcheol hyung looked at me suspiciously. “You’re stammering Kim Mingyu. You’re lying.”

 

“W-what are you saying hyung! Do you think I will not stay if ever I knew what happened?”

 

Seungcheol hyung sat on my couch and let out a deep sigh. I followed him and sat on the opposite side. “Now that you know what happened, what will you do? You better not go to the hospital right now. You know Lee Jihoon right? That kid furious at you right now he could kill you.” We both sat in silence,  Idon’t know what to do either. “But… What really happened on your ‘meeting’”

 

“Hyung.. you know it already, I don’t have a choice.”

 

“Don’t tell me… Tell me everything in full detail.”

 

I told everything to Seungcheol hyung, no holds barred, in full detail.

 

“Why is it so sudden?”

 

“Mom asked me to do it for her. And with all the things that happened between us three, I thought that it would be better for all of us that I stay away. I was the one who ruined the picture in the first place anyways.” I looked back at what I did until the day that Joshua hyung told me not to do anything or I will regret it, I just realized that he was so damn right. I should’ve listened.

 

And after what happened to Moon Junhui now made me realized that leaving Wonwoo is the best choice. I already broke his heart and I know how much Jun loves him and how much he deserves him, there is no reason for me to stay and fight. This relationship started at the wrong foot anyways.

 

I know that it may be hard for all of us now, but time will come that everything that had happened will be buried and forgotten, and my existence in Wonwoo’s life will be erased.

 

Seungcheol hyung  just gave me a light pat on my shoulder and we stayed quiet. This is the only thing in mind right now, this is how I can try to put things in their right places.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

5 years later..

 

Wonwoo POV :

 

“I’m home!” I stepped inside our shared apartment, the smell of a ready made curry is all around the unit. He must be ‘cooking” again. I smiled and shook my head.

 

“Wonwoo?” His head popped out from the kitchen, He smiled at me before going back to whatever he is doing. I dropped my backpack on the floor and flopped down on the sofa, I looked at him and admired him. I smiled when he turned around, he has that smile again, the proud smile every time he does when he “cooks meals”.

 

“Look!” He put down the plate in front of me, I’m not wrong, Its curry rice. “Try it.” He’s like a kid. I took the spoon and tried “HIS MASTERPIECE”. I looked back at him and nodded. “It’s good?? See? I told you I can cook!”

 

“Oh yeah? How many packs of 3-minute curry did you use this time?”

 

He pouted. “I tried making it the “TRADITIONAL” way, but I just can’t achieve this taste” He said, While pouting and emphasizing the word TRADITIONAL. 

 

“Okay.. I got it. I got it.” I gently pat his head “Good job dumdum” And his smile is back. He jumped and hugged me tight.

 

“I love you always”

 

I smiled and  his hair. It’s been 5 years since ‘THAT’ happened. I looked at the man beside me, I always thank the heavens for his second life. The memory of him in that bed with bandages and tubes all over his body always hurts me.

 

After couple of months of him recovering, his family decided that it would be better for him to be transferred to China so that they could take care of him and I decided to go with them, It’s partly my fault anyways so I thought that the only way for me to repay him is to take care of him until he recovered enough.

 

My original plan is just to stay for a month or two, but once Jun woke up, He wouldn’t want anyone to touch him but me, and he wont go to the therapy if I will not go with him. So, his parents decided that I should stay longer than what we had planned, I don’t want to at first but then I realized how much this guy loves me and this is the least I can do for him.

 

His parents helped me to finish my studies here, helped me learn Mandarin, offered me a job in their company and bought me an apartment unit, they did everything for Jun and not for me. They just want what’s the best for Jun and that is me being on his side and looking after him.

 

When Jun completely recovered, I thought I would also get my own life back, I thought his parents would let me go back to Korea again, but Jun didn’t let me. He asked me to date him again. I didnt answer him and jst continued to live the life they want me to.

 

The next day, I received a mail from Korea that completely changed my decision. It was like an answer to all of the cries I shed every night. It's like a wake up call from the universe that I have done enough and that it's about time to choose myself once again. This is the opportunity I want to take while I still can.

 

I immediately went to the office of Mr. and Mrs. Wen, now that Jun has fully recovered, I going to ask them to let me go back home. They’ve been helping me to have a life here, but I will still choose to go back. Its been 5 years and I didn’t even had the chance to go back home to visit my parents.

 

*knock* *knock*

 

“Come in.” I opened the door of the office and saw Mr.Wen on his desk reading pile of reports. He looked at me, put down the papers he’s holding and removed his glasses. “Wonwoo. Sit down” I sat down on the chair in front of his table. “What is it?”

 

Jun looks exactly like his dad but not the personality. I’m glad that Jun didn’t take after his dad’s personality, Mr.Wen’spersonality is very stoic, you will never know what he is feeling and thinking, his voice is stern and full of authority, no wonder the people from our department are very scared of him and even asks me how can I manage to be with their family. I’m scared to approach him now, I don’t know if he would like what am I going to suggest to him.

 

“Uhmm .. First of all sir, I want to thank you and your family for taking care of me as if I’m your own son, I don’t know how can I repay all the things that you have given me.And now that Jun’s recovery seems to be stable and the doctor also said that he can go back to normal lifestyle soon, I was thinking if I could go back to Korea?”

 

Mr.Wen cleared his throat and leaned back on his chair. “Sure, no problem. I could book you a plane ticket. How long are you planning to stay for your vacation?”

 

Vacation? “No sir, I’m planning on staying for good.” I shut my eyes real tight. I’m scared, Although Mr.Wen never shouted at me or got angry with me. This time I feel like he would.

 

“You’re leaving Jun?” Cold. The usual cold tone he uses when things in the company is a mess. I only hear this tone inside the conference room. “Does he know about this?”

 

“No. Not yet”

 

“Even my wife?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Wonwoo, I can book you a flight today or tomorrow or whenever you want me too. But you know more than anyone else that the final decision is not on me.”

 

I know. I know it very well, I still must talk to Jun about this, but I don’t know how I am going to have a proper conversation with him. I know that he would he say no right off the bat.

 

“I appreciate everything that you have done these past years, you really helped my son to recover faster. I know that it will be hard to talk to him about this, but I can’t help you with anything. Sorry Wonwoo”

 

I gave him a faint smile before I bowed and walk to the door. I turned the knob, but I realized it was opened. And there I saw Moon Junhui standing on the other side of the door, listening to everything we talked about.

 

“Jun..”

A/N : The dialogues in bold letters represents that they are speaking in mandarin. ^^’

-------------------------------------------

For those who have previously read this chapter, I just realized that there is a plot hole in this chapter so I twicked it up a bit and now its fine and up to what I have in mind..

NEVERTHELESS, ENJOOOOY!

 

xoxo - Ae