Chapter 27

Love and Doubts

Wonwoo's POV

"Jun.."

 

The moment I stepped out of Mr.Wen's office, I saw Jun standing outside. His face was pale and his eyes were empty, I know he heard whatever me and his father talked about.

 

"Jun.. let's go home and talk okay?" I tried to reach for his hands but he immediately swift it away before walking away. I followed him silently.

 

The drive home was silent. Jun was looking out the window. He is not showing it to me but I know he is crying because I heard him sniffing a lot of times. I already know that the talk would be tough and long.

 

We arrived at the parking lot and before I even turned othe engine off, Jun was already walking towards the elevator leaving me behind.

 

I entered the apartment and all the lights were turned off and Jun was nowhere to be found in the living room.

 

"Jun?"

 

No answer.

 

"Jun?" I tried again

 

Dead silent.

 

I grew worried so I started to check both of our rooms and he was not there too. There was this sudden feeling in my gut that made me worried. I took out my phone and started dialing Jun's number and as I expected he was not answering.

 

I kept on calling him while I went and searched the whole apartment building trying to track him. I dont know what's gotten into me suddenly, I went inside the emergency exit stairs and there I heard a phone ringing and it was his ringtone.

 

"Jun? I know you're here"

 

My hands are trembling as I follow the ringing. One step at a time.

 

"Jun, please answer me. I am getting worried"

 

Then the ringing stopped, he dropped the call. My steps became even more hurried and restless. As I went up, I prayed that he did not do anything that would harm himself. I dont know what I will do if anything happens to him again.

 

*sniffles*

 

That sound made me feel relieved. "He's alive," I thought to myself.

 

"Wonwoo.."

 

I stopped in front of him as I reached the floor where he was sitting. That's the first word that came out of his mouth since we left his father's office.

 

Jun was plopped down on the stairs, his face is buried in his arms as he hugges his knees tight.

 

"After all these years.. Am I still not enough for you?" The pain in his voice gave me shivers down my spine and for the nth time, I hurt the man who did nothing but to love and care for me.

 

"I'm sorry" That's all I can say. I couldn't give him any excuses. He deserves more than that

 

"Why are you going back to Korea? You have a stable job here. Everything is better here. Just you and me" He looked up, hopeful despite having bright red eyes from crying.

 

"Jun, This is not the life that I wanted and you know that"

 

"Is that really the only reason why? Do you really just want to get your life back?" I could see his fist clenching as he said those words and as much as I trust that he would never hurt me, my heart started racing as I wait for him to finish his sentence. "I know why you're dying to go back. I saw it all!"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I saw Jeonghan hyung wedding invitation. I know that it is for both of us. But you did not even bother to tell me, why Wonwoo?"

 

Oh. I thought I hid it well from him.

 

Jeonghan hyung and Seungcheol hyung decided to finally get married, so they sent an invitation. I know that it is meant for the both of us since they are both our friends and they know that we are currently living together. I wanted to let Jun know about it, it is his right to know that his hyungs are getting married but I also know thow much he hated the idea of going back to Korea as it was a place who brought him nothing but pain and tears. So I decided to hide it from him until I get his father's permission to go back.

 

"I'm sure he'll be there. He's Seungcheol hyung's friend anyways. Am I right Wonwoo?" I know well enough who is he pertaining to. "After everything that happened, it's still him! No matter how much he had hurt you and abandoned you just like that, he is still the one that you want! Right?" He said it out loud.

 

"Jun! It's not that!"

 

It's true. I decided to go back not because of the possibility that I might see Mingyu again at the wedding, it didn't even cross my mind. It's been 5 years, I miss my parents, our friends and my life. And not matter how the Wens tried to fulfill that void, it is still not the same. China is not where my heart is.

 

"Don't lie to me! That goddamn good for nothing son of a btch still have your heart because if not, we will not be having this conversation! You are better here! My family can provide you with everything you need, they have always been. Just say the word and I'll give it to you"

 

I scoffed. I can't believe these words are coming out of his mouth right now. Am I this shallow for him? Has he been thinking like this for the past 5 years? I wouldn't deny that I lived off his parents' wealth since then, but do I really owe them that? 

 

I did not answer him and just went back to our apartment unit. I took out my suitcase which I haven't used in a very long time and put all the clothes that I brought from Korea and left the ones that I brought from the salary I earned working for his father. I looked around the room to make sure that I have left nothing behind. I took out my phone and texted Jeonghan hyung.

 

"I'm coming home. I'll text you the details tomorrow"

 

I zipped my suitcase and then left the room. And there was Jun, standing in the living room. He looked at me and the suitcase beside me and just as I expected, he cried. I didn't intend to end things this way. A lot of people wouldn't believe me in this but I did love and cared for him. He taught me what love is. We might not ended being together until the end, he would still hold a very special place in my heart forever.

 

"Thank you and goodbye Jun"

 

I walked past him and closed the door behind me as I walk out.

 

I have been choosing others rather than myself for a very long time, I think it's about time to think about myself and my future this time.

 

-----------------------------

 

Ta-da!!!! Look who's back!! The last time I updated this one was like, 6, 7 years ago? I dont even remember haha. I didn't even logged in with this account for a very long time. However, It warmed my heart that there are still people who reads this and patiently waiting for what will happen next.

Life hasn't been very easy these days and writing is my therapy so I thought why not write again? so here it is! I hope that you guys will like this update though it is not much. I will really try to update this one more often.

Again, Thank you so much for loving this story and for keeping up with me! See you around loves! xoxo

 

- Ae :)