Chapter 18

Love and Doubts

Mingyu’s POV

 

What I heard through that phone call gave me a huge wake up call. Its like fate is telling me that Jun is Wonwoo’s boyfriend, they do have a happy relationship. And Im nothing but a third party, The one who will just ruin everything by being with Wonwoo.

 

“I knew it.. Jisoo hyung was always right. Im at the verge of regretting this”

 

I cant even believe that Im saying this now. This is something that haven’t crossed my mind ever since the day that we started this set-up. Loving wonwoo and being together with him is all that matters to me. but after yesterday,I just don’t know anymore.

 

Wonwoo has been calling me non-stop since yesterday that I had to turn my phone off to keep it from ringing. All the thoughts and emotions that has been floating in my mind kept me from sleeping and now I look exhausted.

 

I need to let these frustrations out before I go crazy. I had to talk to someone and there’s only 1 person that I could think of. I left my phone in my room before I went to Jisoo hyung, Im 100% sure that he will help me get my sit together.

 

Jisoo hyung’s place is just two blocks away from ours. Hansol and I already told him to just move to our place so it would be easier to play together but Jisoo hyung just brushed the idea off and told us that he might get tired on seeing our face every day.

 

“So, Kim Mingoo why are you here? I double checked the day today and Im 100% sure that today is Saturday and knowing you, You should be sleeping all day. But here you are looking err.. zombieish? What force encouraged you to get up this early?”

 

“Im hungry hyung..” I tried to change the topic. I haven’t thought that opening up would be this hard.

 

“You are the better cook so…..”

 

I rolled my eyes. I’m a certified multi-boy of our circle. “Fine, I’ll cook” making my way to the kitchen

 

“Yes! And Oh! Mingoo?” what is he going to say now? I stopped and waited for the next sentence “I know that you are trying to distract me with food. But you know it wont work for me like how it work for you. Lets talk about it after we eat ok?”

____________________________

“Now…. What?”

 

“What do you mean by what hyung?”

 

Jisoo hyung rolled his eyes. “come on Mingyu.. I know everything. I just want to confirm it”

 

That shocked me. how did he knew about us? Wonwoo and I are pretty careful not to get caught but Jisoo hyung knows? How?

 

“How… How did you..?”

 

“I just know so spill it out”

 

“No.. this cant be.. Wonwoo and I… we are... Its just impossible” I went here to get myself together but I just got another shock on my system.

 

“Oh…. So you are together huh?”

 

Wait…

 

 

 

 

WHAT???! Don’t tell me….

 

 

“HYUNG!!”

 

“Hmm?” Jisoo hyung sounds like its nothing at all.

 

“You told me that you already knew it.. but you really have no idea at all!  You tricked me hyung!” I know I sound like a 9 year old throwing tantrums but I just cant help but to act like one.

 

“Is it my fault that you are too naïve?”

 

“but hyung..”

 

“stop complaining Mingoo. Just tell me why you went here”

 

Well.. its now or never. This is what I came here for after all. I calmed myself before telling Jisoo hyung everything.

_____________________________

 

Jisoo hyung listened to me the whole time without saying a word. I didn’t left any details behind. I kept my head down after my story telling ends waiting for Jisoo hyung to speak. Both of us stayed like that until his sigh broke the silence.

 

“I know that you are waiting for me to say the word like ‘I already warned you but you didn’t listened to me’” guess what.. I really do expect him to say those same exact words. “After hearing your story, Im sure that what you and him have right now is real and sincere. He likes you too Mingoo, I knew it the moment he ran away when he saw us being close to each other. But he is stucked between what is right and what he likes. What are you feeling right now Mingyu?”

 

“I don’t know hyung. My mind is on roller coaster mode right now. And that’s why I came here”

 

Jisoo hyung puts his arms on my shoulders. “I don’t know either. If you are referring to what I have experienced before, I must say that they are similar and different at the same time.” Jisoo hyung smiled bitterly.

 

I looked at him. and the expression that I have never seen since that day came back. Jisoo hyung is the first one to get to know Jeonghan hyung. Yes, Seungcheol hyung’s boyfriend, Yoon Jeonghan. Jisoo hyung and him are friends even before Seungcheol hyung came into the picture.

 

They are so close with each other that they would be mistaken as a couple. Jisoo liked it but Jeonghan hyung always clears the misunderstandings, saying that they are just best of friends and nothing more than that. he thought about confessing to Jeonghan hyung couple of times but he is worried that Jeonghan hyung is not feeling the same and it might ruin the only relationship he have with Jeonghan hyung.

 

When Seungcheol hyung broke up with Doyoon hyung. Seungcheol hyung became miserable. He used to cry at a playground near Jeonghan hyung’s apartment. Then one day Jeonghan saw him and comforted him.

 

With Jeonghan hyung having the face of an angel, It made Seungcheol hyung fond of him for a short time. Then Seungcheol hyung found out that they are both friends with Jisoo hyung, the company of 2 became 3. Seungcheol hyung hangs out with them from time to time.

 

But day after day Jisoo hyung noticed how different Jeonghan hyung looks at Seungcheol hyung with how he looks at him.. his gaze were softer and bright and by that time. Jisoo hyung said to himself that he must do what is right and it is to let Jeonghan hyung go.

 

He still likes Jeonghan hyung though but he tried to resist the urge to do what I did. His friendship with Jeonghan hyung was more meaningful for him to risk it.

 

“Hyung….”

 

“Yah! We are not talking about me and my unrequited love. I let him go because I know that it will never be me from the start. I’m just regretting about not confessing my feelings for him when I had the chance, that’s the only thing that kept my heart heavy.”

 

“Letting someone go because you knew that it will never be you….”

 

“hmm-mm”

 

“you told me that what we have is real and sincere right? is there any chance that someday….”

 

“the problem here is not about how much you love Wonwoo. I cant question the feelings you have for him. Its about how happy you are right now. Are you satisfied enough to get a small share of him and stay hidden behind?”

 

Is the feeling I have would be enough? Is he even happy with me? or is he happier with Jun?... or am I even happy being the third party on their relationship?

 

“One advice Mingyu… I’ll say this as someone who truly cares for you as a brother. Stop thinking about him just for now. Think about yourself now. You deserve someone who will be proud enough to be able to show everyone how much he or she loves you.”

 

With all these things and realizations. I think that I need more time to think about myself and my feelings. I don’t want my emotions to get ahead of me.

 

“Thank you hyung. I’ll get going”

 

Jisoo hyung helped to sort things out. I just hope that this space would help me get my confusions answered and settled.

____________________________________

A/N: So yeah. here it is! I know that this chapter might just considered a filler but I still hope that you will like it and understand Mingyu's POV about what happened. Second update coming up!!!! xoxo - Ae