Chapter 14

Love and Doubts

Wonwoo’s POV

 

The memory of what happened yesterday was still lingering on my mind. From the guy that came to watch Mingyu, to his childish mission to make me jealous so I can let my feeling out up to the kiss that had changed my peaceful life.

 

I  looked at the guy eating beside me. I scanned his face, I know that I have been saying this so many times but I just cant help but to admire Jun’s facial features. He is handsome and popular, everyone are willing to give him everything just to grab his attention. But all of them were turned down by him for me.

 

I was so occupied with what I am doing when suddenly my phone buzzed.

 

From : Kim Mingyu

Staring is rude Jeon. What should I have to do to make you stare at me like how you stare at him?

Oh.. and Im eating lunch alone.. T_T

 

He’s here. Mingyu is here. I immediately stood up and scanned the whole cafeteria looking for him. I didn’t had a hard time looking for him because of his height he stood out among the huge number of people, I saw him walking out of the place. I cant help but to let out a sigh.

 

“Who are you looking for?” I jumped out when I realized that Jun is also standing beside me and following the direction of my gaze

 

“Ahh. Nothing. I just thought I saw a friend” I sat back down trying to act as if nothing happened

 

Jun looked at me doubting. And I just realized that I have blurted out a lame excuse. Jun knows me really well, so he knows that Im really not friendly to others than Jihoon and Jeonghan hyung.

 

“A friend huh? Well, Im glad that you are finally stepping out of your comfort zone”

 

“Well, you know the tall guy from my class? I helped him with his remedial exam, so yeah..”

 

“hmm. I see.. but you didn’t told me that the last time I asked you about your week”

 

“Its not that important though. We didn’t talk that much after he passed the exam.”

 

If Jun’s brain is as quick as Jihoon’s I bet he would know that Im hiding something from him. Telling him about Mingyu is a bit risky but I cant think anymore.

 

Jun just nodded before going back to munching his food. I sent Mingyu a quick message.

 

To: Kim Mingyu

I would love to eat dinner with you. Because I seriously felt bad that I cant eat lunch with you.. Well, if that’s ok with you..

 

The response from Mingyu took a while

 

From: Kim Mingyu

Are you sure you can? Your boyfriend might pick you up later”

 

To: Kim Mingyu

Well.. he had to practice later. He’s gone for about 2 weeks so he had a lot of catching up to do if he doesn’t want to die. So I guess Im good to go.

 

From: Kim Mingyu

Sweet. I’ll cook, deal?

 

TO: Kim Mingyu

Deal.

 

I was about to put in my phone when I felt that Jun is staring at me “Who’s that?” I looked at him “ the one texting you”

 

“Oh?! T-that’s changkyun. he just reminded us about uhmm.. our practice later”

 

“Ok. I really don’t want to practice later. I don’t want you walking alone”

 

“Well, have you forgotten that I learned hapkido. I can handle myself and You don’t want to make Seungcheol even more angry.” Jun pouted. Im really feeling so sorry that I have to lie to him but I cant break my promise to Mingyu. I just gave him a pat on his head to give him a little comfort “You done? Lets go?”

___________________

“Ok practice is done! You can go home now”

 

Finally! Changkyun is on fire today he wants everything to be precise. Fortunately I was assigned to be in charge with the props needed so I don’t get scolded by him that often. Though I feel bad for the actors, changkyun didn’t even let them rest, especially Mingyu since he was one of the main character.

 

Looking at him now, Mingyu looks like he will pass out anytime soon. He is sweating like crazy. I really need to make up to him later just a little reward for working hard. I sent a message to my mom that I would be home a little late then I also texted Mingyu that I will go to his place first.

 

I came across a convenience store and thought that I should give some ginger tea to Mingyu for his throat and some pain relief patches.

_________________________________

 

Im now standing here in front of his door, the feeling of déjà vu is filling me up. I spent a little time at the convenience store because of the long line, So I guess Mingyu is home now. I softly knock on his door. Im feeling a little shy because the last time I was here was when we had our first kiss with each other.

 

And just like before, Mingyu’s head popped out from the other side of the door. Mingyu immediately pulled me inside his apartment and wrapped his arms around my waist before we even arrive at his living room. He softly placed his chin on my shoulder, I can feel the electric current flowing on my veins just like before.

 

“Hello to you too Kim”

 

Mingyu slowly unwrapped his arms on my waist and holds my hands showering my knuckles with his soft little kisses.

 

“I miss you Jeon”

 

I find it amusing how Mingyu can make me blush with that simple line.

 

“So… dinner?”

 

“Oh! Yes yes.” Mingyu leads the way to his kitchen as if it was my first time visiting his place. He pulled out a chair for me “Sit here. I’ll just get the food”

 

I watched how graceful he moves across his kitchen, he is moving swiftly yet smoothly. Jun is not the type of person who cooks a lot and he is a bit messy too. I can perfectly see how different they are.

 

“There. I only cooked whatever’s on the fridge. Mac n’ Cheese and fried chicken?” Is my opinion that important to him? because I swear the expression on his face is just priceless. Like he is really nervous as hell. Adorable!

 

“Well,as long as its deliciousits fine for me. So you can breathe now.”

 

His face is finally regaining its complexion. He looks really pale just a second a ago

____________________   

 

“Its getting late.. I think you need to go. Its dangerous outside”

 

“you don’t want me to be here?” I pouted. I know Im not the type of person who will pout to this kind of things but I really like Mingyu’s company. I want to stay a little longer and get to know him better. I can see that he is slightly taken aback by the action I made

 

He lift me up and puts me on his lap “Believe me or not, I do want you here forever, but I know that your parents and that guy would be worried”

 

Mingyu’s right. Jun had been texting me non-stop. Apparently, he called at our house to check if Im already home, so my mom told him that I was going home a little late and that made him worried. Seungcheol even called me to tell me that I need to go home because Jun cant focus on practicing and he is losing his patience.

 

I sighed and grabbed my things. I reached forMingyu’s hand. I don’t know why I did that but I just did.

 

“I’ll walk with you outside”

 

Thankfully, the alley was dark so no one will notice their intertwined fingers. Mingyu lets him go after arriving at the bus stop. I told him that I’ll just walk but he insisted that it would be dangerous and told me to get a taxi.

 

“Bye.”

 

“Bye. Call me later ok?”

___________________________________

 

“Hi”

 

“Hi! Sorry to call you this late, he called a while ago so..”

 

“Nah.. its ok. Im just relieved that you’re home safe”

 

I heard him yawn. He really is exhausted. “You need to sleep now big guy. Oh and don’t forget to drink the ginger tea I prepared earlier ok?”

 

“Mm-hmm”

 

“Goodnight Kim”

 

_______________________

A/N

UPDATE!!

 

Thank You for the 50+ subcribers of this story. Omo! I still cant believe that this would story could get this much love from you guys. - Ae