Victoria: 4 (4/27/15)

The Chase (Book 1)

"It..." Seul-gi had a hard time answering the question. It was too personal. "Can I not answer that, sir?"

"I just find it familiar." He said and was about to reach it when she hid her hand.

"If you don't need anything, I'll leave now, sir." She said and hurried off.

 

 

He could've sworn he saw that ring before. He just doesn't know where. He hurriedly ate his breakfast and went to school. He was already a few minutes late for this class. But fortunately, the teacher was the old maid who liked him because of his good looks. He felt a little lucky because it wasn't the substitute teacher.

 

 

*

 

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun was blocking someone's path, she was named Kwon Yuri, who bad mouthed Seohyun's cousin. Seohyun's cousin didn't even know anything about her being talked about. So she had to step up for her cousin. Because if she won't, then who will?

 

 

"Don't look down when we're talking to you!" Taeyeon yelled as she grabbed the girl's collar.

"Ugly shirt, ugly sweater and very, very ugly personality." Tiffany said confidently. "You think you'd win by saying nasty things about someone?"

The girl pushed Taeyeon. It wasn't difficult for her to do, though, because the girl was tall. "And why do you care?"

 

 

Seohyun, who was quiet, stepped towards them as TIffany and Taeyeon made way for her. "Because the girl you called a , the girl you bullied, the girl you gave a hard time at work, is my cousin." And she gave her a glare. "And you? What are you? At least my cousin works with decency. So I don't know where you got the right to tell her nasty things when you are the , here."

 

 

The girl was about to slap her but Seohyun managed to block her hand and gave her a crisp slap in her face. "Don't even try to lie because I had you investigated. Yes, you ed numerous people. Men and women." And she stepped closer, making the tall girl take a step back. "Remember, the next time you mess with Kang Seul-gi, your life in this school is over."

 

 

*

 

 

When their class was done, he stood up immediately and went to his car.He couldn't keep his mind off the ring. He just shrugged and stood up, walked outside when he saw the hot teacher he liked. She was in a hurry to leave the place. Edison followed her quietly. He saw his friend reaching out to the hot teacher and gave her a kiss. Victoria looked like she was uncomfortable. They went to the back part of the school building and stayed there for a while.

'Why would Kris kiss that teacher?' Edison thought.

 

 

*

 

 

"Kris, I'm sorry. Okay?" Victoria sighed and looked away.

"You took your things off my apartment, are you breaking up with me?" Kris was angry.

"Kris..." She felt a lump on , making it difficult for her to talk. "I love you, really. But I don't think I'm the right girl for you."

Kris held back his tears. "Why?"

"I have so many reasons. You are my student, I'm your teacher! I am so much older than you, Kris! And besides, you're still young. You'll meet someone better. Better than me." She said while wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"You're selfish!" He said, no tears flowing from his eyes. "You are so ing selfish!"

She held his hand. "I know. I'm sorry. But you'll be better without me."

"! I'll be dead without you!" He jerked his hand away and cupped her face.

 

 

She pulled her face away from Kris and took a step back. "This isn't right." She said and walked away from him. She stopped when she was in front of the building. Her tears didn't stop flowing. Fortunately, there werent' a lot of students. She opened her bag and she was taken aback when she saw a handkerchief being offered by a tall figure who was beside her.

 

 

"Thanks Mr. Huang." She said and took it from him. She wiped her face with it and handed it back to him.

He took the handkerchief from her and put it in his pocket. "Uh-huh. Break-ups are never easy."

Victoria's eyes widened by his statement. Did he eavesdrop? Did he know?

 

 

"What..."

"I kinda heard you and Kris talking at the back." He said and patted her head. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."

She was confused. Why would he keep her secret? "Why? Why would you keep my secret?"

"Because Kris is my friend, and I don't want people to have a bad impression on him." He said and stood up. "I just wish you didn't break his heart that way."

 

 

Before Victoria could react, he already walked away and waved his hand. She smiled bitterly. It was hard for her, but she needed to do it. She needed to make Kris hate her. It was the only way he'd let go of her. Because if she didn't do it, if she didn't let go of Kris, the dean would have Kris expelled and her jobless.

 

 

*

 

 

"You had a relationship with your student?"

"Sir..."

"I don't want to hear about it. I'm not gonna say anything to the directors, but break up with him."

"But sir... Why..."

"It won't be good for our school if a teacher dated one of the director's son."

"But I love him... And he loves me."

"And where will that love take you? Him being disowned by his mother and you in the streets. Will you give him the extravagant life he has right now?"

 

 

Their conversation was stuck in her mind. She loved Kris, but he'll live a pitiful life with her. If his mother finds out, she'll make him chose. And she knows Kris would choose his mother over her. So she'd rather leave him than have him leave her. It would hurt her less. But now that she's put her plan into action, it still hurts her. She's still hurting.

 

 

*

 

 

Kris was in the bar, drinking, not minding the stares he got from girls who had dirty thoughts. He was too busy hurting himself. He loves her too much, and he's spent so much on Victoria. Not that wasted money mattered to him, just the time spent, the feelings he's invested. It was too much. It was too real, too heavy, too heart-pounding. And here he is trying to kill himself slowly.

 

 

Edison and Sehun just entered the club. Edison wanted to get drunk while his father was at home. But then again, what's so new about getting drunk? It was his routine every night. They sat at their usual spot when Edison saw someone familiar. It was his friend, Kris. And he knows why he's drinking himself to death.

 

 

He motioned the waiter for drinks, and let Sehun choose. He stood up so he could call Kris and ask him to sit with them. When he was nearby, he saw a girl who was hot. She sat beside Kris and stared at him. She was talking but Edison couldn't hear anything because the place was too loud. He then saw Kris looking at her and the girl smiled. Before he could walk towards them, they were already making out.

 

 

He was so furious. And he doesn't know why. Maybe because the image of Victoria crying came into his mind. She cried after their break-up, and this is what he's gonna do about it? But what can he do? Or what can he say? He doesn't have the right to repremand his friend. Why would he be mad, anyway? What was the reason?

 

 

He decided to go back to his place and sat beside Sehun who was busy looking at the waitress. It was the waitress at the fast food chain. Why is she working herself to death? Is she that poor? Edison thought. But she couldn't. She owned a ruby ring, and it looked real to him. But then again, he doesn't know her well enough. So what's bothering him?

 

 

"Dude. I really feel like I have seen her ring somewhere." Edison said and drank the tequilla and the juice out of the lemon slice.

"Hmm. Of course you did." Sehun replied and drank the whisky.

 

 

And when the party was at its peak, the ladies went wild. He suddenly remembered it was the wet party. Wet party basically meant everyone in the club will get out of it wet. Beer shower, the club pool was opened, sprinklers were , and everyone loved being wet. Wet party only happens every friday of the week. Before they could get any wetter, Edison and Sehun went out of the club.

 

 

When they got out, Edison heard someone yelling. He knew that voice belonged to his friend, Kris, and their teacher, Victoria. They were arguing. He probably gave her a drunk call. He saw Kris standing far away from Victoria. And she was crying. He wasn't looking at her. He was looking up. And before everyone could react, Kris violently pulled Victoria for a kiss. Victoria was struggling to get out, but he was too strong.

 

 

Edison had to do something. Even though Kris was his friend, Victoria was still weak. He pulled Victoria and placed her behind him and gave Kris a glare. He grabbed his collar and pushed him down. He was about to punch him, but stopped himself. He was shaking. He wanted to punch Kris so he could learn his lesson.

 

 

"So you didn't want me because you wanted someone younger?" Kris blurted out.

"What are you talking about!?" Edison said and let go.

"You ! You replaced me for him!?" He was so mad, his face turned red.

"I only stopped you because you are disrespecting our teacher!" Edison said and took a few steps back. "Kris, come back to your senses and wake up. This isn't you!"

" this!" Kris yelled. " you! everyone else! you all!" He rode his car.

 

 

Before he could start the ignition, Edison entrusted Victoria to Sehun and sat in the passenger's seat.

 

 

"What the are you doing!?" Edison stopped his hand.

"Leave me alone, er!" Kris said and the engine.

 

 

He was driving too fast, and his vision was too blurry. Not only because of the alcohol, but because of the tears escaping from his eyes. And his car suddenly stopped. Edison felt his forehead hurting, blood flowing from his head, and he looked at his friend, face full of blood, as well. And everything went black for the both of them.