Victoria: 32

The Chase (Book 1)

Edison and I checked for baby stuff. We're both really excited, but scared at the same time. Most especially me. I mean, I said we'd wait until Edison finishes college, but here we are, breaking that promise. I don't know how to face his family. But I don't regret having our baby. He or she will be a great addition to us. 

 

But this is just a distraction, though. Because I actually brought him today so I would know his taste. I'm gonna buy him a gift for our anniversary. Everything's planned out, the only thing missing is the gift. We both went to the towel set. Since we're not sure if the baby is a girl or a boy, we've been arguing. I wanted a boy, he wanted a girl. 

 

"I really think it's boy." I argued with him. 

"You know what, instead of arguing, let's just buy a different color." He said that and picked a green towel set. "What do you think?" 

"I think the yellow looks better." I told him, and he frowned. 

"Let's just buy both, alright?" He said that and put it in the car. I just shook my head in disbelief. 

 

After shopping for baby stuff, I told him I wanted to buy clothes. He did agree, and teased me about my weight gain. But I am in a very good mood today, so I don't mind. We first went to a shop full of dresses. I picked out dresses a bit bigger than my size. I'm being realistic, now. I also grabbed large shirts. He was shocked to see me take it, but I don't care. I wanna wear something comfortable when I'm at home. 

 

Then, now's my chance. I grabbed his hand and went to a jewelry store. I asked for a pocket watch. They gave us three. The first one was a simple gold pocket watch with a gold chain. The second was a bit more luxurious-looking. The cover was studded with diamonds, but it looked classy. It's really beautiful. But the third one caught my eye. It was just... black. I asked the lady if she could open it, and she did. The details were gold. The rim, the clock hands, even the numbers. It was the most beautiful one out of the three. And this one's the most expensive, too. 

"How much are you charging for this?" I asked the lady."Why are you even asking, Vic?" Edison asked me skeptically. 

"Can't I buy one?" I bluffed. "And besides, I broke my watch." 

"So you're buying a pocket watch?" He's really good at reading minds. Damn! 

"Y-yeah! Can't I?" I need to act cool. "And besides, this is definitely my style." 

"Okay, if you say so." He said and took out his wallet. 

"What are you doing?" I put his card in his pocket. "This is mine. I'm paying for it." 

"Exactly. It's yours. So I'll pay for it." He said, but it's too late. I already sent the lady with my card. "What are you doing?" 

"I am paying for it, and that's final. You can pay for lunch." I said and smiled at him. He just rolled his eyes on me. "Thanks babe!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. 

 

*

 

We ran into Sehun. He looked so much cooler now. I smiled at him, and he treated us for lunch. 

 

"So, where have you been, man?" Edison asked Sehun, and I looked at them. 

"I just had a vacation." He said and smiled at me. 

"How are you and Seul-gi?" I asked him, and the smile faded from his face. 

"Ah..." He laughed, but I could tell it's fake. "She's good. So am I." 

Something's just so off with his answer."I see." I said and stayed silent for a while. 

"So, man..." Edison broke off the awkward silence. "We'll have a party on the 20th." 

"Oh. Since when did you formally invite me?" I heard Sehun say and laugh. "What an idiot."

"If I could swear right now, I would." He said that and laughed."Yeah, yeah. What's so special on May 20?""You'll see. I'll text you the place and time."

"Right." Sehun smiled, then we all continued eating.

 

I excused myself to they could talk. Now is my chance to buy another gift. The pocket watch is a bit obvious, so I'm looking for a second option. I even needed to call Jessica in advance for help. We met in a shop that sells perfumes.

 

She told me to pick a scent for Edison. I felt sick on the first scent I picked. I felt my stomach turn, but I held it in. I can't trash this place. The second was a little better than the first. It smelled chic and y for a guy. The third one was okay, but not as good as the second scent.

Jessica and I left the shop and we bumped into Kris and Seohyun. I was so shocked to see them, even Seohyun looked shocked. I held in my pride and smiled at her. Luckily, she returned the favor, and we both hugged each other. We both let go and she smiled widely at me.

"I missed you." She said that casually.

"I mised you, too." I said and looked at Kris, who is staring at Jessica right now. "It's nice to see you too, Kris."

Kris snapped out of it, and looked at me. He gave me a faint smile. "Likewise."

"Ah, I need to go back before it's late." I said and I hugged Seohyun again. "See you when I see you."

"Same." She said that and hugged me tightly. "It's so great to see you, Vic."

 

Jessica and I walked away from them. The walk towards the restaurant was quiet. I held Jessica's hand, making her notice that we're in the restaurant. She just looked up, and then smiled. It's scaring me that she looked so sad, but I hope this won't affect her anymore.We went inside the restaurant, and the boys are still eating. I sat beside Edison and smiled at him. Jessica sat beside Sehun, and she had a very wide smile on her face. But I could tell it's fake. It's all fake. She shouldn't act happy when she's not. She's gonna hurt herself all over again.