Victoria: 16

The Chase (Book 1)

Victoria's lower body is still in pain. She's avoiding movements as much as possible. And she thinks Edison gets it because he's been very careful. He's making less movements, too. Now she wonders if he's uncomfortable with all that stiffness from him. She smiled while watching the cartoon characters sing.

 

 

Her body is leaning against Edison, and his arms are wrapped around her. She suddenly felt something inside her stomach. And it's not one of those butterflies-in-my-tummy moment. It's hunger. She felt Edison staring at her, so she looked at him. And she was not mistaken. He heard.

 

 

"Hungry?" He chuckled.

"Ugh..." She groaned. "Not now, stomach!"

Edison laughed loudly. "It's okay. It's not a major turn off." He said and winked.

She just glared at him. "I really want to eat noodles, but..."

"Should we call for delivery?" He offered.

"Nah, I'll try walking." And even though she could still feel her body aching, she managed to get up, with the blanket wrapped around her. "I'll be back." She said and picked up her clothes.

 

 

She wore her clothes quickly. She heard a knock from the door, and it was Edison handing her a grey shirt. She accepted because her shirt was already dirty. She wore the shirt, and it felt refreshing. She then looked at herself in the mirror. Did she really do it?

 

 

She's been in a relationship with Kris for three years, and they lived under one roof, but they never did that. What she did just now... It wasn't just because she was lonely, right? Because when she felt Edison's kisses, it seemed like she was on cloud nine. Like she couldn't come back down. It was all so new to her.

 

 

But that doesn't make her a bad woman, right? Because Edison is her boyfriend, and no matter how much she thinks of Kris, she knows she feels something for Edison, now. It's too early to say it's love, but it's getting there. She adores him, and that's still considered a feeling, right?

 

 

Right now, how they both felt... It was mutual, right? Because she was so happy when they did it. Was Edison happy, too? It seemed like that, but she's not sure about everything. She's not a mind-reader. How can she guess Edison's thoughts? She's just so... insecure.

 

 

She took a deep breath and stepped out. Walking is still painful, but she can manage. She quickly grabbed her phone and her wallet. They went outside and Edison drove for a few minutes towards a Japanese restaurant that was still open. They quickly ordered for seafood ramen.

 

 

When their food arrived, they didn't talk a lot. They just ate silently. She glanced at him, and he was eating like he's never eaten anything for the past week. She just smiled and continued eating. She took out her phone and secretly took a photo of Edison. But there was a shutter sound. How lucky.

 

 

"Let me see." He said and she handed him her phone. He looked at himself eating, and he laughed. "Wow! So this is how I look like when I eat."

"Yeah, but it's okay. It's not a major turn off." She said and they both laughed.

 

 

When they were done, they decided to sleep in Victoria's house. They went to the roof and sat there. Edison was behind Victoria, and he wrapped a blanket around him, and he wrapped his arms around Victoria's body. They both looked at the stars that was shining brightly.

 

 

"Am I making you happy, Vic?" Edison asked, and Victoria had goosebumps all over her body as she felt his breath on her nape.

"Extremely." She said and turned her head to him and kissed his lips. "Thank you."

"I wish we'd stay like this forever." He said, and she nodded.

"Does your family know about us?" Victoria asked.

"Well, Jessica does." He said and Victoria frowned.

"How about your dad?" She asked.

He also frowned. "It's not really necessary for him to know."

"He's your father, Ed."

"I'll introduce you to them if you really want it." He said and she smiled.

"Let's do that." Victoria said.

 

 

It's not that she really wanted to meet his family. At least not this early, but she wants to know if his family will look down on her just because she's poor. So she'd know what she could do to please them. This may sound stupid and corny, but she really wanted to fit in. To fit their standards, so she could love Edison freely.

 

 

She held his arm and jokingly bit it. He flinched and looked at her, and she kissed the part where she bit it. What Edison said... that he wants to stay like this forever. Can they? She has a lot of doubts, like if he's serious, or will she ever love him. But now, whenever they kiss, it feels like Edison kisses her fears and doubts away.

 

 

"Vic?" He called.

"Hmm?"

"Did you..." He struggled to find the right approach. "regret doing it with me?"

"Why are you asking that?" Victoria asked.

"Because... if you did, I'm sorry."

"I didn't." She firmly said and looked at Edison, she caressed his cheek. "We made love. It wasn't just , Edison." She felt like crying, looking at his face full of worries. "I am starting to love you, and if I love you too deeply, don't let go of me easily, alright?"

"What are you saying?" He asked, and wiped the tear that fell from her beautiful face. "I am too in love to let go."

 

 

They stayed like that for another hour, until they decided to just sleep inside. They went to Victoria's room, and they both lied down in bed. He was caressing her hair when he suddenly remembered something.

 

 

"Vic..." He called out, and Victoria looked at him. "What happened to rule number 8?"

Victoria's eyes widened. "I forgot!"

"That's okay..." He said and earned a scowl from her. "I mean, it wasn't just , right?" He said and winked at her.

She slapped his arm and laughed with him. "Why did you forget the most important rule?"

"It's your fault!" He jokingly blamed her.

"How was that my fault?" She asked, pretending to be offended.

"Don't be too y when we're alone." He said and smiled.

"That's something I can't control." She said and quickly kissed his lips. She suddenly turned around and muttered "Goodnight, babe."

Edison grinned. He hugged her tighter and burried his face on her nape. "Goodnight." And gave her neck one last peck before finally drifting to sleep.