Victoria: 17

The Chase (Book 1)

Note: Change of POV. From 3rd person to 1st person. I'm sorry for the sudden change. Thanks for reading :)

 

 

-

 

 

I woke up still feeling heavy. I looked at the guy beside me. Am I really sure with him? But he's rich. What if his family don't want me for him? I really like him, and I think I'm starting to fall for him. But I don't wanna fall too deep. What's left of me if that happens? I don't want to be alone again.

 

 

I kissed his lips and got up. I cooked breakfast for us. I prepared the table and and woke him up. I saw him try to pry his eyes open. I was about to turn around when he grabbed me by my waist and laid me down with him. I frowned, and he just smiled. I felt his lips on my cheek, and he hugged me tighter.

 

 

"Let's stay like this for a while." He said and he buried his face into my nape.

 

 

Like he wanted, we stayed like that for a few minutes. Is this even real? Can we stay like this forever? Can we not go back to reality? Where I'd have to face my fears? Where I'd doubt everything about us? Because right now, this is my favorite moment. Being in his arms.

 

 

But isn't this a bit too easy? We've only dated for a couple of months, and now we're very intimate with each other. Are we still considered normal? I don't even know. But I'm happier with him than I have ever been ever since my break up with Kris. I patted his arm and told him the breakfast would be cold if we ate late.

 

 

We both got up, and he looked amazed by the eggs and bacon I made. It's nothing surprising, but it felt good when I saw his massive smile. Does that mean my cooking is approved? I bit my lower lip and smiled. I really like cooking, but the only people that ate my cooking are Edison, my mom and Kris.

 

 

"This bacon is good!" He exagerrated.

I laughed at his remark. "Stop it!"

"But seriously, thank you." He said and I smiled at him.

 

 

*

 

 

I got a call from an unknown number. I texted that person, asking who it is.

 

 

Unknown Number: Miss Song, I am Mr. Dong Young-bae. Are you willing to work in an office? Someone recommended you to our office, and we gave you a call earlier. If you're willing to come to work, I'll text you the address of the office and please visit the HR department so they could lead you to where your work is.

 

 

I opened the files that person sent and I saw the photos of the office and the building. But just to make sure, I searched their office online, and it was legit. But who would recommend me to do office work? I mean, I am a teacher, so I don't know how I got qualified to do those things. But this means I won't be a bum anymore. That's better, right?

 

 

I went to the office and went to the receiving area. I asked them where the HR department is, and they asked if I had an appointment. I said yes, and they asked for my identification card. I gave them my ID and they told me to ride the elevator and stop at the fifteenth floor.

 

 

I was instructed to enter a room. I went inside and saw how massive it was. But unlike the usual office anyone would think, the walls were painted blue, green, pink, yellow and violet. Even the ceiling was red. I looked to the side and saw two couches. One was empty, and the other had a lot of stuffed toys in it. Dolphins, horses, fishes, bears. It almost looked like a kid was running this office.

 

 

I saw the man and he instructed me to sit in the chair in front of his desk. I did as I was told and he smiled at me. Is this guy crazy? I mean, I'm not one to judge, but his office is really... eccentric.

 

 

"I am Dong Young-bae, you were recommended by a friend of mine. You know Choi Seung-hyun, right?" What?

"Ah," I cleared my throat. "Yes."

"I really needed an assistant." He said, and I still stared at him full of curiousity. "I'm sorry to disappoint you."

"Ah, no apologies needed, sir." I said and smiled. "Yes, I'm willing to work as an assitant."

"But... As you can see, I am very weird." He said and I looked around the room. "You see, I have certain rules about work. I also have a dress code my assistants should follow. Which is I'm really desperate. If you don't want this job, I'll understand."

"I'll hear your rules and dress code out, sir." I said. I really want to work. I don't care about the eccentric personality of my boss.

"Okay. First, every monday, you should wear pink. I don't care if it's upper or lower, as long as I can spot pink. Tuesday and thursdays should be yellow or green. No other colors. On wednesday, it's violet or blue. And every friday, you can choose whatever you want to wear. As long as it's corporate. And please don't wear flashy clothes, even though it's acceptable as a corporate attire." He said and I was surprised. "Still up for the job?"

I smiled at him. "Clothes are not an issue, sir." I said and he smiled.

"Good." He took out a paper from his desk. "Study these rules, and you can start next week. I hope I see pink on monday." He said and motioned me to go out of the room.

 

 

After the meeting, a bunch of people swarmed me. I was so surprised because they looked at the paper I was holding.

 

 

"You accepted the job?" A girl asked.

"Yes." I said. They all scowled at me. "Why?"

"Aren't you scared of the dress codes?" It was another girl that asked me that.

"It's cool." I said and smiled at them.

"Wow. I hope you stay here for a long time." It was the first girl this time.

"Thanks." I said and walked towards the elevator.

 

 

I texted Edison, asking him if he's still at school. He quickly sent a reply.

 

 

Edison: Yes, classes are done. Where are you?

Me: I had a job interview, and I can start working next week.

Edison: I told you it's okay if you don't work. I can pay for us.

Me: Stupid. I want to work. Haha.

 

 

He's been bugging me about staying home. I really don't like being a bum, which is why I want this job more than ever. Even though this isn't really related to working in a school. That's fine. And besides, Mr. Dong Young-bae is like a laid-back guy. He's cool.

 

 

I rode a cab, and when I got home, I payed for my fare and opened the gate. I was about to go inside when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Kris, with flowers in his hands. I went to him and opened the gate.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see you." He said and handed me the flowers.

"Ah, thanks." I uncomfortably said and took the flowers from him.

"Are you busy?" He asked.

"Well, no. But I'll go to the mall later." I said, which is true.

"Is it okay if I go with you?" He asked.

I don't know why this is making me uncomfortable. "E-Edison will be with me."

"Ah," He looked down and stepped back. "Okay."

"Thanks for these." I said, but he did not reply. He just walked away.

 

 

What's the matter with him?