Victoria: 1 (4/27/15)

The Chase (Book 1)

Jessica was looking for his brother in the crowd. The place was too cramped, but she made her way to the tall figure who was dancing with a girl who was almost . Her eyes widened and tapped Edison's shoulder.

 

"Ed! Let's go home! You're drunk!" She yelled as she grabbed Edison's arm.

"You go ahead, Jess. I'll just stay here." He said and continued dancing.

"Huang Zitao! You are coming with me!" She said as she pulled her brother out of the club. Edison was just laughing and went with the flow. He knew his sister was pissed.

"Jess, I can walk." He finally blurted out and Jessica lets go of his arm.

"Ed, do I always have to do this for you? Should I really pick you up at 3 am, in crowded places like these, only to see you dancing with a girl who was almost ?" She said.

"Nope. You don't really have to." He said and laughed.

She just slapped his arm at his remark. "You can't even drive!"

"Okay, okay. Let's just go home, Jess." He said and opened the car door and slumped his body on the passenger seat.

 

Jessica just let out a sigh, not knowing what to do with her brother. She went inside the car and drove home. She doesn't know if her brother will change, or will he stay that way until he gets married. But then, she doesn't want to ruin things for him. He's young, he should feel that way right now.

 

 

When they got home, he woke Edison up and told him to go to his room. He did just as she said. When he finally reached his room, he took his shirt off and slept in his cozy bed. He's gonna have a headache later.

 

 

*

 

 

Victoria woke up at exactly 5 am and tied her hair into a bun. She looked over the bed and saw that he is still sleeping. She hurriedly went down and cooked breakfast for him. She started frying the bacon and cooked rice. When she was done, She put everything down on the table and prepared the utensils he was going to use.

 

 

It was already 5:35 am, so she decided to crawl onto his bed and hug him from behind.

 

 

"Kris, breakfast is ready." She said and felt his chest rise. "Good morning!"

He got up and smiled. "Good morning, babe." And kissed her hand. "Let me guess, bacon?"

She grinned and pinched his nose. "Yep! So get up so we can go to work early."

He smiled wider and gave her a quick peck on her cheeks. "Let's go."

"I'll shower first. You go have breakfast, first." She said and took off her jacket.

 

 

She went inside the bathroom and the shower. When the room started steaming, she quickly went in. And she thought about a lot of things, like what she would do at school today, or will she feel stressed just like last week.

 

 

When she was done, she wore her bathrobe and went out. She went to her closet and took out a white long-sleeve, v-neck shirt, a pink, pencil cut skirt and a black cardigan. She wore pink shoes to match her skirt.

 

 

She then joined Kris for breakfast. Kris cleared his throat. "Babe, are you available tonight?"

"Uh, yes. Why?" Victoria asked.

"Good. I'll take you out to dinner." He said and smiled at her. She nodded in response.

 

*

 

 

Edison wore a black shirt, tattered jeans and black sneakers. He also wore his flashy, diamond earring and silver necklace. In his hand was a book for his only class for this day. Girls stared at him like he was a fashion model who owned the hallway like it was a stage.

 

 

When he opened the door for his classroom, everyone just stared at him. Some were awestruck, and the others were confused. He sat down beside his best friend and put his book on top of the table.

 

 

"You're late." Kris hissed and Edison just smirked.

"I know." Kris chuckled and sat properly.

"Okay, class, please take these handouts and answer them. It will be graded." The hot teacher said as she sat down. Edison stared at her for a while, and grinned.

 

 

He is going to flirt with this hot teacher. She's intimidating, yes, but very y.

When the class was over, Edison just sat as everyone were rushing to go out of the room. Even Kris said goodbye, but he saw the hesitation in his eyes.

 

 

While their teacher was still busy checking if the handouts were complete, Edison made his move and got up, went to the teacher's desk and handed her the handout. Victoria took it from him.

 

 

"Family name?"

"Huang." He said calmly.

She nodded and checked her book record. "This is the first time you came into my class?"

"Nope. I went here last meeting, but you weren't around." He said and smiled.

"That's weird. I don't recall being absent for this class." She said in disbelief and marked him present on her record book.

"I'm really sorry to ask, but, I still don't know your name, ma'am." Tao said, looking at her.

Her forehead wrinkled and stared at him. "Go check your book. My name is written as the author."

She went out of the room and went to the faculty room, leaving Tao, smiling. He went for his book and checked. She is 'Victoria Song'.