Victoria: 3 (4/27/15)

The Chase (Book 1)

"Sehun!" Edison called out. "What happened to you?"

"Dude, a girl gave me her ring!" Sehun said, still in shock because of what happened.

"It's fate!" Edison teased, making Sehun choke on what he was drinking.

" off, dude!" He said and gave him a glare.

 

 

The music was loud because the party was at its peak. Everybody was dancing, screaming, jumping and even getting themselves wet and drunk. But not for Sehun and Edison. At least, not yet. 10:30 pm was too early for them. They needed to get more drunk than that. Sehun was spacing out when he saw a pair of a girl's feet coming their way.

 

 

"Drinks, sir?" She said and smiled at Edison. She glanced at Sehun and her eyes widened for a split second.

"Best Vodka, whisky and rum in this table, please." Edison smiled back at her.

"Coming." She said and turned around.

"Dude," Edison called out to Sehun. "That... waitress. She looked at you and was surprised."

"Maybe it's her first time seeing a beautiful creature like me." Sehun said sarcastically and laughed.

"Stop, stop, stop. Nobody wants to hear that." Edison said, and when he spotted the waitress, he tapped Sehun's shoulder.

 

 

Sehun looked up and saw the waitress' face. It was her! The girl he bumped into earlier. His eyes met hers and she looked away.

 

 

"A-anything else, sir?" She said, talking to Edison.

"None. Thank you." Edison said and gave her a tip.

"Thanks." She accepted and walked away.

Sehun stood up. "I'll be right back." He told Edison and followed the girl.

 

 

She went outside the club, at the back door. Sehun followed her and took out the ring from his pocket. He's going to return it. Heck, it never even crossed his mind to ask for a compensation for the imaginary damage to his car. All he wanted was to bring her to the clinic to know if she's okay.

He saw her taking off one of her heels and massaging her foot. He saw how red it was.

 

He walked towards her and leaned against the wall. She didn't notice him, or probably did, but still continued what she was doing, anyway. He reached out his hand and handed her the ring.

 

 

"I know it's important to you. I don't need it." He said and took out a cigarette. He lit the cigarette and blew the smoke out of his mouth.

"Thanks." She said softly and took the ring from him.

He looked at her, cornered her to the wall. Looking down at her chest with the nameplate present. "Kang Seul-gi." He said and smiled. "You're welcome."

 

 

Before Seul-gi could ask for his name, he already turned his back on her and went back inside. She wore her ring and took a deep breath. She took off her other heel and went inside, going directly towards the employee's locker room and took out her black shoes and wore it. It was more comfortable, but less appropriate for work. Still, she'd rather feel comfortable than look fashionable.

 

 

*

 

 

Edison was confused because of Sehun's sudden disappearance. But still continued drinking alone. It was his fifth shot and he was still okay. He watched the dancing lights in the club, the moving people who are too drunk to realize what they're doing, and the people who were too to remember their decency while dancing in that dance floor.

 

 

Sehun returned and sat down beside him, and took the shot from the table and drank it straight. He then scowled at the taste of vodka, but it was okay. He didn't like vodka, but it was better than nothing. He noticed Edison staring at him and made a face, indicating he was not amused by the stare.

 

 

"Dude, stop being gay." He said which earned a light punch in his arm from Edison.

"Stupid. I was just wondering why you followed that waitress." Edison replied and gave him a wide smile, indicating his dirty thoughts.

"Motherer, I returned something from her." Sehun drank the shot from the table and once again scowled.

"I'll just dance." Edison blurted out as he made his way towards the crowd.

 

 

Everything he could see were the ladies coming towards his direction, not caring if they will overpower him, but his presence alone was enough for them to worship him like he was the most important person in the club. As they rub their bodies against him he felt intoxicated and sweaty. Edison placed his hand on the lady's waist, the other taking a drink from the waiter.

 

 

Of course the ladies love it when he puts his hand around their waist. It made them feel wanted by Edison, the popular son of a business tycoon, who could make every girl's wishes come true. One girl placed her hand in his chest and grabbed his collar and was about to kiss him when he walked away. He went towards his table upstairs and opened the bottle of whisky.

 

 

He poured some on his glass and drank it. He wanted to feel extremely drunk, that the next morning, he'll be scolded again by Jessica. He just felt empty, and one way to fill his emptiness was to be in that club every night, drinking, dancing, sometimes flirting. But if there's one thing Edison would never do, it would be to have a one night stand with just someone. He's not a , and he's not concious, he just doesn't like the idea of close intimacy with someone he's not aware of the identity.

 

 

*

 

Edison woke up in a familiar room, his room. Of course, Jessica fetched him again. His ever reliable sister. He got up and shook his head. He wasn't dizzy, but he was thirsty. Luckily, everyone in his household knows that water is a necessary thing in his bedside table. He poured some water in the glass and drank it. Then went to the shower room. It was another day he'll spend in that boring place.

 

 

Luckily, it was friday, he doesn't have to spend the whole day in school. His class was only during the afternoon. After that, he's out. He took a shower and asked the servants to prepare his breakfast. When he was finished, he took out his white v-neck shirt, faded jeans and his brown belt. He was contemplating wether to wear a leather jacket or not. In the end, he decided not to wear it. He wore his accessories and black sneakers. He then proceeded to eat breakfast when someone entered their house.

 

 

"Mom!" Jessica yelled from her room and ran towards her mother.

"I missed you. How are you and Eddie?" Their mother said, making Edison scowl.

"We're fine, Alice." Edison said and continued eating.

 

 

Their father sat down and the servants were quick to move. The master will eat breakfast. He stared at his son who was busy eating. He noticed how poorly dressed his son is. Edison is not a very extravagant person, but the least he could do was dress according to their social status. He did not become a business tycoon for his son to dress poorly, after all. But he will not say anything about it. It will increase the tension more.

 

 

"Alice, Jessica, sit down." Mr. Huang said as the plates were placed on the table.

"Yes, dad." Jessica then sat down beside Edison.

They were eating awkwardly when Mrs. Huang spoke. "I think a vacation this summer is nice. Just the four of us, oui?"

"I think it's a great idea, mom. What do you think, Ed?" Jessica faced Edison.

"I need to go." Edison stood up and threw the table napkin to his chair.

"Don't be rude, Edison!" Mr. Huang's voice was stern and firm.

"Edward..." Mrs. Huang warned. "It's okay. I was just suggesting."

 

 

Edison scoffed and left the house. He drove towards a fast food chain when he saw a familiar figure walking towards it. He followed her inside and saw that she was alone. She then went into a room for the employees. He went to the counter and ordered some food. He left his house because he lost his appetite, but it doesn't mean he's not hungry.

 

 

"Can you tell the waitress who just got here to bring me my order?" Edison instructed.

"Yes, sir. But which waitress?"

"The one with small eyes. And her hair was braided."

"Ah, yes. I'll tell Seul-gi to bring your order, sir."

 

 

And he finally settled in his place. He checked his phone to see if he had missed calls or unread messages. And to his surprise, there was only a few unread messages. From Jessica, Kris and Sehun.

 

 

Jessica: Ed, you didn't have to act rude to Alice.

 

Kris: Don't forget the assignment due Wednesday, next week.

 

Sehun: er, you goin' to school today? I won't be at school.

 

 

He replied to everyone except Jessica. She'll never understand because she wasn't there when Alice told him nasty stuff about their mother, and her goal to steal from his father. It was horrifying. But the worst thing that she said was about her being his father's mistress even when his mother found out. That fueled his anger more.

 

 

"Your order, sir." He snapped out at his thoughts when Seul-gi placed his order.

"Thanks." He smiled at her and noticed something. "That ring... Where did you get that?"