Victoria: 13

The Chase (Book 1)

Victoria wore a loose white polo and black skinny jeans. She also wore her round black sunglasses and black pumps. She only brought her phone, keys and a few money with her. He will meet Edison in a restaurant. She kept her hair in one side as she walked in.

 

She sat down at a reserved table and told the waiter that she'll wait for her date first. She opened her phone and saw a text from Edison. It was to tell her that he's on his way. She smiled and replied. She then hid her phone in her pocket.

 

When Edison came in, he spotted her quickly. He sat down in front of her and called for the waited. She smiled at him and they gave each other a peck on the cheek. The waited came and handed them the menu.

 

When the waiter took their order, they were all smiles.

 

"What do we do today?" Edison asked.

"Hmm. Let's go a mall." Victoria was eager when she saw Edison smile.

"Shopping?"

"Nope, arcade."

"Game!" He yelled, gaining almost everyone's attention, but he didn't mind.

 

They ate silently. One thing Victoria noticed about Edison is, they only have a few similarities. Like how they both love meat, and that they always prefer juice when it's dinner time, and how they both have an earring.

 

But they also have differences, like how Edison would dress when he's out. Kris would dress like any rich gentleman would, but Edison's choice of clothing were all modest. Just a plain shirt, pants, shoes, accessories, that's it. But there's something in him that intimidates people, too.

 

They also have differences in their choices, like how Edison likes mild scents, and Kris likes strong scents. And their ideas of dates. Like if she was with Kris right now, they'd go sight seeing, but Edison likes stuff that she likes, too. Not that Her dates with Kris were boring. It's just more fun with Edison.

 

 

'I should stop comparing them." Victoria thought. Edison is Edison. And Kris is Kris. They are two different people. Why would she look for things that are similar to Kris? It's so unfair for her, and especially for Edison. That while he likes her for who she is, she is looking for qualities that she's fond of.

 

 

 

After eating, Victoria took out her wallet and was about to take out some cash when Edison stopped her and payed for their entire meal. She just nodded and they left the restaurant. They rode on Edison's white BMW and headed towards the mall.

 

 

They went directly to the arcade and played games. Not the crane games, but the physical ones, like the dancing machine, shooting games, strength tester and more. They even played basketball and coin machine. They just laughed when they realized they lost so much money in one machine. So they stopped. Victoria realized that she needed to buy new clothes so she could look for a new job.

 

"Ed, can we visit a shop? I'm going to buy something." She said and Edison nodded.

 

Victoria went inside the store and she went directly to the section where the dresses are displayed. She chose a tight, long sleeve, black dress and a grey halter dress. She turned around to ask Edison which looks better when she noticed the saleslady being too close to Edison. She just frowned at the sight and raised a brow on him. He noticed her and he moved away from the saleslady.

 

"Baby, can you help me?" Victoria said, more like claiming what was hers instead of asking for help.

The saleslady offered her help. "I can help you with it, ma'am."

"No thank you. I want my boyfriend to do it." She said and turned around.

 

Edison just smiled widely. He quickly went to her and picked the black one. "But isn't this a bit too short?"

"Yeah, like what she's wearing?" She said, and she didn't have to point out who she was talking about. It was obvious.

Edison raised his brow and his smile was wider. "Hmm... Jealous?"

Victoria scoffed. "Pfft. As if."

 

Edison took a bunch of clothes for her to try on. He wants to see how she would look with his choices. Of course, Victoria took the clothes from him and tried everything. It's all good, but the dresses are too long, and he gave her slacks. Is he trying to cover her up?

 

She went out and gave him a stern look. "These dresses are either too long or you're giving me slacks. You're serious, right?"

He just shrugged. "Work related clothes."

She smiled and nodded. She then went to the counter and payed for everything she bought. They even argued about the payment. Edison offered, but Victoria said no.

 

They went out and saw another shop that has men's clothes. She quickly grabbed his hand and they went inside. He took a black scarf, black v-neck shirt and khaki shorts. He frowned. Everything was fine until she brought up the scarf.

 

"What?" She asked innocently. "It's cold outside."

"It's not my style." Edison said and Victoria smiled.

She walked closer to him and pulled his face to kiss his cheek. "Please?"

After what she did, she just groaned. "Fine!" He said and bought it.

 

Before he took his credit card, he saw Victoria put another one in the counter and smiled at him. "So we could match."

 

 

It was so cheesy, but he liked it. He likes the idea of them wearing the same things. Like what most couples would do. They wore their scarves and went to an ice cream store. One of their similarities is that they dislike chocolate. They both chose vanilla ice cream. Victoria suddenly remembered something.

 

 

*

 

 

We both got out ice cream cups. Yuck, he really likes chocolates. I don't know why but I dislike that taste in my mouth. I have no problem if it's chocolate bars, but ice cream is a little bit too much! But I ignored it. He doesn't like me nagging him about his favorite flavor.

 

We both sat down and we were fidgeting our cellphones. Him texting his sister, Seo, and me playing a game. After we finished our cup, we went home directly. A usual date for me and Kris. It might look boring, but from our perspective, it was one of those sweet nothings.

 

 

*

 

 

They both finished their cups and they threw it. They were about to leave when Edison spotted someone familiar. He grabbed Victoria's hand and went the other way. Victoria stared at him, confused, but before they could leave, she already called his name.

 

"Edi!" Jessica yelled and hugged her brother.