Victoria: 11

The Chase (Book 1)

The next day, even though Edison wasn't sure if she'd come, he still waited for her. Maybe to apologize? Or tell her he's willing to be a rebound? He doesn't know. But he's starting to like her. And he'd do anything just to make her happy. Even if it meant for him to sacrifice his. Or make him feel insecure about himself. He's willing to change just for her.

 

 

She came out from her room and came towards Edison's table. Victoria still looked uneasy, but she hopes Edison will not talk about it. Not even a word. But it looks like he's about to say something to remind them both of what happened last night.

 

 

"So..." Edison started talking. "About last night-"

"I'm sorry." Victoria said and smiled bitterly. "I mean, it was my fault. I shouldn't have done that."

"No, I started it, ma'am." He said and looked at her deeply. "And if it's okay, I have a proposal to make."

"What" Victoria was skeptical.

"Kris is my friend. But my sister loves him." He intently looked at her. "So much."

"So what are you trying to say?" She doesn't know where this conversation is headed, but she doesn't feel good about it.

"Date me." He frankly said, and Victoria choked on her glass. "Sorry." He said and offered a tissue.

She coughed a little at laughed bitterly. "Why would I do that?"

"It's a multiple win situation. Think about it. Kris will fall for my sister, he'll move on from you. And you can date me to forget him." He explained and raised a brow. "Let's use the term 'rebound' or 'second choice' or 'last resort' or whatever."

"Are you serious?" Victoria said and Edison nodded. "Why would I do that?"

"Because you'll need someone to take away the pain." Edison replied and Victoria laughed.

"I can handle myself when it comes to this, Edison. Thanks, but no thanks." She said and stood up, before leaving, she said "I'm happy for Jessica, and let me know when they fall in love." And finally left the table.

 

 

When she got into her room, she yelled out of frustration. Is that how desperate she looked like? That even her old student offered to be her rebound? She might be stupid, but not that desperate. But then again, he was talking about Jessica being in love with Kris. Is he doing this for her? But still, it's not right! But then, what is right and what is wrong? She'll teach in a different school, anyway. Why not make the most out of her stupidity?

 

 

She sent Edison a message.

 

 

 

Victoria: Okay.

 

 

 

*

 

 

Edison was about to knock on her door when his phone suddenly vibrated. It's a text from Jessica.

 

 

Jessica: He's doing fine, Ed.

 

 

Good. Now, he'll just confirm Victoria. What she meant by 'Okay.' Was it an indication that she's agreeing to his proposal? If so, then that's good. Like he said, it's a win-win situation.

 

 

He knocked three times, and Victoria opened. She motioned him to sit down and she wore her white t-shirt and a black pair of shorts. He couldn't help but stare at her body. Her body had nothing special. Her s aren't that big, her is fine, but there's something about it that attracts a man.

 

 

"I just want one thing clear." Victoria said and handed him a paper.

He read the content. A list of rules. "What's this for?"

"You want to date me? Do those things."

 

This is unbelievable, but he just smiled. Sure, he'd definitely do it for her. No matter what it is, he'll do it. And these things are just easy. Very easy for him to achieve.

 

 

List of Rules:

 

1. Study hard.

2. Grades should always be good. Not just good enough, as in good-good.

3. Stay away from clubs while we are dating.

4. Stay in your old school.

5. Avoid smoking when I'm around.

6. You're not allowed to date anyone except me, and I'll do the same.

7. Keep this relationship a secret.

8. NO .

 

 

Edison laughed at the last rule. Victoria frowned at the sight, but Edison wouldn't stop. What's so funny? Did she write something stupid? Is it the last rule? Why? Can't he do it?

 

 

"I don't intend to make love to you while we're together, Ms. Song..." Edison said and smirk. "Unless you beg."

Victoria flushed, and gazed at Edison. "In your dreams!" She yelled and took the paper from him. "Just tell me if you can't do it!"

"I can!" He said, still laughing. "And I will. Starting now."

"Wait what?"

"Rule number 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8." He looked serious. "For you."

 

 

Edison waved his hand, a sign that he's going to go back to his villa.

 

"Wait..." Edison turned around. Victoria finally asked. "Why are you doing this?"

"I told you, it's a win-win situation for everyone." He said and finally left.

 

 

Edison smiled at the thought of him 'dating' Victoria. It's unbelievable, but he'll try. The real challenge is, will he be able to stay away from his second home? The club? He hopes so.

 

*

 

Edison went home first and started applying the 'rules' in his life. Rule #3 sounds difficult, since he's considered it his second home. But for Victoria, he can do it. He can do anything. 'I hope.'

 

Edison checked the time, 8:34 pm. He haven't had dinner, yet. So he decided to go out. He'll buy fast food. He went to the fast food chain nearby, and when he looked around, the waitress wasn't there. Where could she be?

 

She's not his type, and he's not interested, but he's so sure he's seen her somewhere. Could it be because she works at the club? But is that even a valid reason? And the ring... he knows he's seen it somewhere.

 

"You're here!" He heard someone say and saw Sehun walk towards him.

"What the ?" He said and they both gave each other a high five.

"Dude, It's been a month!" He blurted, and Edison laughed.

His order came and they both sat down at a table. "Dude, you know that girl from the club?

Sehun's eyes widened. "Which girl?"

"Oh don't act like you don't know!" Edison laughed. "The girl you chased after!"

"er, why?"

"I feel like I've seen her somewhere. She was wearing this ruby ring, and I still can't remember where I saw it."

"That was the ring she gave me. You must've seen it from me." Sehun said coldly and took his burger and had a big bite.

Edison noticed him, and gave him a scowl. "One is enough." He said and ate the burger. So that's where he saw the ring. From Sehun. That's good.

"Are you allowed to go clubbing? Let's go home, dude!" Sehun said and laughed.

Edison was contemplating whether he would go or not. In the end, he said "No thanks."