Victoria: 34

The Chase (Book 1)

We'll time travel on the next chapter. I'll try to post it later (when I get home) or tomorrow afternoon (PH time). Thank you very very much for the 200+ reads! I really appreciate it. This is the first time I took a story seriously, and I am glad a lot has read it. :) Anyway, enough of my thoughts since I know you won't read this part. Enjoy :)

 

-

 

I opened my eyes and saw a blinding light. Am I dead? But I could hear sounds coming from a machine. I looked around, and then I saw Edison whose head is resting on the side of the bed I am currently lying at. I woke him up, and when he did, he quickly went outside and called for the doctor. 

 

"How my baby?" I asked him, and he just held my hand. He's really quiet. Why? "What happened to my baby!?"

"Calm down, Ms. Song." The doctor came in and stood in front of me. "I am putting you to bed rest because your pregnancy is very, very delicate." 

"What happened to my baby?" I had to make it clear. 

"The baby is fine now. Like I said, you need to be in bed. That way, we can be sure that you won't have a miscarriage."I sighed in relief. 

 

The doctor told me not to strain myself too much. Even stressful thoughts could harm my baby. After the doctor's visit, I saw Edison's family come inside. Jessica went to my side and asked if I'm alright. I just nodded and smiled at her. Edison's dad was quiet, so is Alice. But I think it's better this way. I don't think I'm ready to answer questions, yet.While Edison and Mr. Huang left the room, Jessica sat in Edison's place and held my hand. I held hers, too, hoping it would make my baby's situation better. I tried not to cry because I know this isn't going to make my baby's situation any better. But I could help the tears fall down my face. 

 

"Don't cry." Alice said with a strict aura. "It won't be good for the baby." 

 

*

 

I've been in this hospital for five months now. We just found out that the baby is indeed a girl. Edison's been teasing me about how he knew he was right. We're crushing out the weird names he's been suggesting. I doubt he's aware that the names he's been suggesting are really old-fashioned. He's been suggesting names like 'Elizabeth', 'Coraline', 'Rose', and I really dislike the last one. 'Marie'.

 

Jessica suddenly swallowed the pineapple she was eating and yelled "Crystal!" 

"Crystal..." I kept on repeating it on my mind. "I like Crystal." 

"Let's just change the spelling a bit." She said and typed in her phone. 

"'Chrystal'? Really?" I don't like it. 

"Should we spell it like this, then?" She typed another spelling for this name. She handed me her phone, and it says 'Chrystalle'. 

"Let's not use that!" I pouted, and so did Jessica. 

"Ladies, instead of using 'Ch' in her name, let's just use 'K' we could stop thinking for names." 

"Krystal... I like that." I smiled and looked at Edison. "You are so smart!" I told him and he just laughed. 

"Whatever!" He playfully rolled his eyes and laughed. 

 

Jessica's phone rang, and she went out to answer it. She told me she's giving Kris another chance. And this time, I do hope he won't hurt her. Not just because she's going to be my sister-in-law, but because I am sure that she doesn't deserve the pain he caused her before. And to avoid conflicts between him and Edison.

 

At first, we were all against them getting back together. Especially Edison. She's been through so much pain. But Kris assured Edison that he won't do that again to Jessica. I really hope so. Because if he did hurt her again, I would be one of the people to advise Jessica not to give him another chance. 

 

I looked at Edison who is checking out the stuff he bought today. I am not sure why he's really excited. He already bought dresses for our baby! Most of them are pink dresses, pink bottles, pink bib, pink everything! 

 

"Love, I hate to break it to you, but..." I looked at the stuff he bought. "Once the baby is out, she won't be able to wear those until she's seven months old." I said that, and I saw him frown. 

"Can't I buy stuff for our baby?" I can't believe we're having this conversation! 

"Oh come on! She really can't! You're too excited!" I laughed at his angry expression.Before we could argue any further, I heard a knock on the door. 

 

Tiffany came inside in a very sick state. The anger I tried holding in faded. I don't know why, but all I could feel for her is pity and sadness. I know she regretted what happened. At first, I blamed her for what happened to me and my baby. But I did not realize that my baby was safe because of her. She called for the ambulance and never left my side. Even if anyone who saw us blamed her. 

 

"Victoria..." She said and her tears automatically streamed down her face. "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry. I didn't know you were-" 

I cut her off. "I know. You didn't mean that." I said, and she looked at me with so much confusion. "I mean, at first, I blamed you. But later on, I realized how much you helped me. You were there when I thought I would die. And thank you for staying with me, even if everyone blamed you." 

"I'm really sorry. I just needed to apologize to you in person before I drive myself insane." She laughed hysterically, and I nodded. I feel sorry for the emotional stress she got from what happened. "I'm flying back to California tomorrow. I promise, I'll stay away from Edison..." She said and went closer to me. "I'm really sorry. I was drunk that night." 

"Tiffany, I said it's fine. My baby's fine." I said that and looked at her. "Let's just move on, okay?"I saw her nod and smiled at me. She then walked out of the room. 

 

I am really surprised by how I handled that, but what I told her was true. I felt Edison holding my hand up and kissed it. I smiled at him. I wish Tiffany the best. And this is a sincere wish. 

 

*

 

We consulted the doctor because the time for our wedding day is coming closer. I did not want to postpone it any further. The doctor, however, addressed my current state. In the end, they gave me two options. To push through the wedding in a wheelchair or postpone it for a year, or until I am fully recovered.Edison didn't want to take the risk. He said he's okay with postponing the wedding for a year. 

 

Part of me wants it to happen. But I fear for my baby. What if I had a miscarriage? After talking about it for an hour, he finally convinced me to postpone it until I am fully healed.But I am not worried. Because I love him, and he loves me. And it doesn't matter what day we're gonna get married. As long as he's still mine, and I'm still his, then that's all that matters.