Victoria: 19

The Chase (Book 1)

It's been a week since I asked for a time off. He even agreed. He told me we needed it. But here I am, going to meet his friends. Now, I know his friend is Sehun, but I don't know who the other guy is.

 

 

I looked at him, and he smiled at me. I felt like this is perfect. We are perfect together. And this is my favorite moment... When we're beside each other. I looked at the restaurant, and I swear I flinched when I saw a familiar figure. Seul-gi is here? I'm happy that she's going to dine instead of working in a restaurant like this.

 

 

 

But what surprised me was that we entered the same room Seul-gi entered. Then I saw someone familiar. I'm not really sure who he is, but I remember him as Edison's friend. But I'm sure I've seen him more than just Edison's friend. I smiled at them, and Edison greeted Sehun.

 

 

I scowled at what he said. I slapped his arm and he complained.

 

 

"Watch your mouth!" I leaned closer to him and whispered. "Or no kiss." I saw him giggle. What an idiot. 

 

 

Someone came in and introduced himself as Minho. He even brought a girl with him. I smiled at them, and the boys exchanged high-fives. I smiled looking at them.

 

 

"This is Minho, the biggest er out of the three of us." I just shook my head. Boys will be boys.

"I know him, too, Sehun." Seul-gi said, and I saw Sehun's smile turn into a frown.

"Great! You know everyone!" He replied sarcastically.

"It's great that you brought your girlfriend, Mr. Choi." Seul-gi said, and I looked at her. But everyone fell silent. What's happening?

"Ah, Seul-gi..." Sehun said awkwardly. I was waiting for what he's going to say while Edison wrapped his arm around my waist. "She's not his girlfriend."

"But-"

"She's his cousin."

 

 

Everyone fell silent. It was awkward. But Seul-gi tried to break the silence, and I think Sehun got the idea. I saw the girl look away from us, and the guy they called Minho, just grasped her waist closer to his body. I looked at them, and when the girl looked at us, I smiled at her. She smiled back.

 

 

I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I looked at the text and saw Edison's name.

 

 

Edison: She's Sehun's ex. Let's not talk about it here.

 

 

Did he just read my mind? How did he know I was curious? I smiled at him, and when our food was served, we started eating. The boys wanted to go to a club. Edison asked for my permission. How could I say no? I mean, it's his friends. They came first before I did. So I allowed them. But he wanted the girls to come, so we all did.

 

 

We went to our respective rides. I looked at Edison, and he started the ignition. We talked about Sehun and Sulli's past relationship. That they broke up because Sulli told him she needed to break free. Of course, he loved her, and she wanted her to be happy. Which caused him to say yes to an agreement to marry a businesswoman.

 

 

"How about Seul-gi?" I asked Edison.

"Well..." He paused, and then parked. We're here. "Let's just say he's free from all that."

"Good for him." I said and opened the door.

 

 

I stepped outside, and I saw Sehun and Seul-gi. They both look uncomfortable, but I brushed it off. We're here to have fun. I took Seul-gi's hand and told her we'll let the boys have fun. She just nodded, and I even grabbed Minho's girlfriend, Sulli? I think. We all went to a table and told the boys to enjoy.

 

 

Of course, I saw the boys, all smiles. I laughed at the sight and they hurried off. They can dance, drink, smoke. I don't really care. As long as Edison doesn't flirt with anyone in this club. Or else...

 

 

I felt the tension between these two. I called the waiter to bring us margaritas. When the drinks arrived, I told them to drink up. I'll be treating them. They just nodded, and they both took the glass and drank down the content. I was so surprised! I haven't even sipped on my drink yet!

 

 

"Wow I didn't know you two are heavy drinkers!" I exclaimed. I could still feel the tension.

"Only when it's needed." I heard Seul-gi say. Did they fight?

"Okay, I'll order more." I said and instructed the waiter to bring us six bottles of beer. 

 

 

When our drinks arrived, we all drank. We kept on drinking when I noticed that we're almost running out. I ordered more, and we all drank silently. This isn't what I imagined as a night out. I cleared my throat and looked at Sulli.

 

 

"So..." She looked at me with droopy eyes. "You're pretty close with your cousin, huh."

"A-ah..." She looked down, and I heard her whisper. "Yeah."

"I see." I drank my beer and still looked at her. "So you must know Edison and Sehun?"

"Yes." She drank her beer in one go. Whoa!

"Tell me, what are they like?" I asked, but I heard Seul-gi speak.

"Yeah, especially Sehun."

She glared at her, but she remained calm. "What's there to talk about? They're just... boys."

"Yeah, like how you broke Sehun's heart just because you wanted to be free?" I was surprised by Seul-gi's sudden outburst. Wait, am I missing something?

"That's all in the past Seul-gi! Why are you so mad?" Sulli yelled, too.

"Because everytime you're here, Sehun is thinking about your damned relationship!" She smiled bitterly. "He's damn insecure, and I am, too!"

Sulli slammed the table and stood up. "Don't worry, I won't steal your boyfriend away from you!"

"Why?" Sulli was already walking away from us but froze when she heard what Seul-gi had to say. "Because you're so happy with your cousin?"

Sulli turned around and went back to her place. "What are you trying to say?"

People were staring at us, I quickly stood up even though I was dizzy and got in between the both of them. "Stop!"

"You broke up with Sehun because of your relationship with Mr. Choi, am I right?"

My eyes widened as I heard her last words. I looked at Seul-gi, filled with anger. And when I turned to Sulli, she was already crying.

 

 

I saw Minho grab Sulli and hugged her from behind. Sehun also grabbed Seul-gi's arm and tried to get her out of the club, but she stayed still. I saw Edison who came to me when I heard Sulli speak.

 

 

"So what if I'm in a relationship with Minho? Does that make you a better person!?"