Searching

Story of two

Seolhyun ran, for she did not know what else she could do. She raced around corners of the white hospital, eventually coming to a flight of stairs at the end of the corridor. She bashed open the doors, and climbed the stairs briskly. She climbed and climbed, to the top of the hospital. At the roof she was greeted with a view of Seoul.

The rooftops of Seoul.

Hyejeong dosen't remember me....

Hyejeong is my whole life...

Without her what's the point of life?

She simply stared at the view, feeling the cold night wind hammer at her. She took a deep breath, tears falling. The wind blew her tears in her eyes, blurring her vision. She breathed, trying to get to terms with just had happened.

There had been a crash. Right after everything had finally gone back to normal. Then she had failed to save Hyejeong. After hours both of them had woken up, but Hyejeong no longer recognized her. At all.

It was like a part of her heart had been brutally torn from her.

After all that had happened...they had both worked so hard both physically and emotionally....to get to where they were. They had just worked out their problems....and for this to happen...

Seolhyun closed her eyes, and she brought up her happiest memories. Her memories with Hyejeong. How they had first met. How she had stepped through that doorway, and had been met by this incredibly beautiful angel. How she absolutely stared at Hyejeong all the time. And how she still did. How Hyejeong managed to make her feel warm and safe every time she wrapped those arms of hers around her. How Hyejeong's kisses were able to make her brain feel like it was in heaven everytime their lips connected. The way Hyejeong touched her, how it made her feel on fire, and how it made her long for more. The fights they had. The moments they shared. All the things they had done together. Seolhyun remembered how she felt on that rainy night, when she was all alone on her bed, crying. She reminiscenced how relieved when she heard Hyejeong's voice in the hallway. The warmth of her body. The smell of her hair. The steady rising and falling of her chest. The way their bodies practically melted together. Their passion for one another. Their longing for one another,

Their love for one another.

All of that was gone, washed away in the rain.

Shin Hyejeong, why did you leave me... you promised to stay by my side you know? Live up to your words god dammit...

Seolhyun opened her eyes. The buildings in the distance seemed more and more attractive by the second. Tentatively, she took a step towards them. 

Hyejeong..this is a joke right? You remember me right?

The buildings slowly disappeared, slowly morphing into a sphere of light. It seemed to beckon Seolhyun forward.

I'm Kim Seolhyun... your roommate! We went to the mall together...and the pier..you remeber all of that right?

Seolhyun contiuned blindly walking forwards. She shakily reached the edge of the rooftop. The light grew even stronger.....almost inviting her forward...Seolhyun took one more step-

'KIM SEOLHYUN YOU DON"T DARE TAKE ONE MORE STEP'

Seolhyun didn't hear the voice, but something behind her......something...earthly...seemed to pull her back, away from the light...

'KIM SEOLHYUN STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!"

Seolhyu snapped, and she blinked, frantically looking around. She realized where she was: teetering on the edge of the hospital. Teetering over life and death. A hand reached out behind her, and tugged her back onto the roof. 

Seo Yuna grasped Seolhyun's arm, and pulled her back to the center of the roof. Her breath was ragged from the running she had done to come over the stairs. Her eyes were red from desperation, and she bent over, placing her hands on her knees for support. Seolhyun, still not entirely in control of her senses,simply stood there, blankly staring into the night sky.

'SEOLHYUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TRY TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?'

'........'

'SEOLHYUN!'

'........'

Yuna looked up at Seolhyun in disbelief. The girl was just staring into the sky. Doing nothing.

'Seolhyun....I know it's hard...'

'........'

'Look I....um....'

'........'

'Seolhyun, don't be like this please....'

'.......'

Yuna stared at Seolhyun. And Seolhyun contiuned staring into the sky. Yuna felt her anger boiling. She had ran up a flight of stairs, in her new shoes....just for this? A suicidal blank girl? With that, she slapped Seolhyun on her face as hard as she could.

'Whack'

Seolhyun squealed from the hit, immediately bending over, her arms covering her cheek. She stared at Yuna is shock.

'What the hell-'

'WHAT THE HELL YOURSELF!'

Seolhyun was breathing hard now. She had finally come back to the real world. With perhaps one of the most violent ways possible.

'Unnie....I-'

'Are you insane?' Yuna asked, ' Trying to get yourself killed? What do you think everyone else would feel? How do you think Hyejeong would feel?'

Seolhyun felt her heart sink again as that name was brought up again. 

'She dosen't remember me anyways...'

'So?'

Seolhyun cocked her head and looked at Yuna.

'Is this... the real Seolhyun? Is this Seolhyun I knew?'

'.......'

'Because the Seolhyun I KNEW wouldn't do this. At all. The Seolhyun I knew....was....was....she....was....courageous, positive, she was...'

'?'

'She was brave Seolhyun. The Seolhyun I knew was brave. She wouldn't back down. No matter the odds. She would face them. Alone or accompanied. If she was knocked down, she would get back up on the spot. No excuses. She maybe a dork, she maybe lazy...abd...she might even be a little dumb, but what I am sure of is that the old Kim Seolhyun definetly wouldn't try to kill herself. When she was pushed into a corner, she didn't back down. She rose back up, spat in her bully's face, and even threw back a punch. You need to find that Seolhyun again...'

'That Seolhyun had a Hyejeong that loved her and watched over her.'

'So?'

'So what? That makes a huge difference.'

'There's no difference.'

'HOW IS THERE NO DIFFERENCE? ARE YOU DEAF? HYEJEONG'S GONE. HOW IS THAT NOT A DIFFERENCE!'

'THEN ARE YOU GOING TO KILL YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE SHE DOSEN'T REMEMBER YOU?'

Both of the girls were panting right now, glaring at each other. The cold winter wind was replaced with a fiery gaze between the two, and the anger and frustration was evident in the air. Seolhyun felt her rage take control of her, but slowly Yuna's words worked her way into her mind.

'I...unnie....'

'Seolhyun you're worth more than that. You can't just give up because of this. There's so much more to life than this.'

'.......'

'Seolhyun come here.'

Seolhyun literally pounced at Yuna, letting out a cry. She leapt into Yuna's embrace, and she felt Yuna's protective arms wrap behind her. Seolhyun buried her head into Yuna's shoulder, letting her tears fall freely. She cried through the pain. All the suffering she had been through. All that pain...and heartbrokeness....was being let out here. All at once. Her crying became louder and louder, until she was wailing uncontroablly into the night sky. Seeing Seolhyun like that...and the recent term of events...Yuna had been keeping strong too. A tear fell from her eye. Until more fell. Until she was also pouring her heart out. The two cried out of sorrow, the horrible pain in their hearts. 

'Seolhyun....what happened to Hyejeong... you have to accept it..ok?'

Seolhyun nodded.

'Even we don't know who she remembers or who she dosen't... I don't know how much I lost...but we can't let this take us down can we?'

Seolhyun released Yuna, drying her eyes. 

'Seolhyun, a lot of people still love you in this world. Me, Mina, Choa, Chanmi...a lot of people....are here to support you, and offer you our care when you're alone. We'll go anywhere with you. You're part of the family now right? So don't go doing crazy things again ok? Do you have any idea how sad we would be if we lost you? We lost one member tonight, we can't afford to lose another.'

'I'm....sniff....sorry Unnie....'

'There's a good girl' Yuna said kindly, smiling. 'Perhaps this gives you a new chance to work your way into Hyejeong's mind. Another chance to relive those 'first date' moments right?'

'But unnie.. I don't want to re-live those moments...I want us to be where we are. We're where we are because of what we acomplished together. I don't want to get to know her again. And what if she's different? I want her to...I want her to kiss me when I tell her to. I want her to cuddle me when we sleep-'

The sound of a heel hitting the floor came from the direction of the door. The two girls turned, Seolhyun being embarassed midsentence.

Mina and Hyejeong stood at the exit of the staircase. Their bodies were black from the light coming behind them. Seolhyun felt tears come to her as she saw Hyejeong. She was wearing a hospital gown, leaning on Mina, a huge bandage around the back of her head.  There she was. Alive and standing. The Hyejeong she loved...... was standing right there. Her body was the same... however her mind...... was completely foreign. 

'I'm sorry!' Mina apologized. 'After we told her their relationship, Hyejeong decided to come up here.... you know how strong she is right? I tried to pull her back...'

'It's alright Mina', Yuna said with a smile. ' These two need a little time together, don't they?'

'You're leaving-' Seolhyun felt her heart start to pound. She was left alone on the roof, face to face with a stranger. The most beautiful stranger she had ever seen. 

'Um..........'

Hyejeong reacted first, apparently less shocked than Seolhyun, despite being the more injured. She stuck out her hand.

'Uh... Hi! I'm Shin Hyejeong! Nice to meet you...ah.... Seol...?'

'Seolhyun. Kim Seolhyun.'  you used to say my name all the time....... it was the first thing you said when you woke up.......and it was the last thing you said before we fell asleep...

'Kim Seolhyun. Um......I....ah....'

'Hyejeong, do you remember me?'

'............'

'Look I....'

'Hyejeong, so you don't remember me?'

'no......' Hyejeong mumbled.

Seolhyun felt a knife stab at her chest. She winced as the words hit her....they killed of the tinest spark of hope inside of her....nevertheless she contiuned.

'You remember Aspire?'

'Yea, the fashion firm! You know I got a job there!'

Of course I know, I gave you the best welcome gift, remember?

'Thats... it?'

'Yea.......I got an internship...then a job...something else happened?'

You even forgot Hyeri....is that a good thing?

No, that isn't. I want you to remember everything we went through. That's what makes us us

Seolhyun felt something build inside of her. Was it pain..or anger? She didn't know. All that she could feel was heat rising in her head.

'You remember Aspire right?'

'Yea...'

'Do you remember having to rush home one night through the rain?'

'I'm not really sure about that... all that I remember is that I had to leave very late every night.'

'.....'

You even forgot that. The night when you came back and held me ever so gently...does it not exist in your mind anymore?'

 

Wait...how do you know that?' Hyejeong questioned?

'What?' How the hell would I not know. I know every damn thing there is to know about you

'Mina said that we were...friends right?'

Damned Mina...

'Am I...right?'

 

Seolhyun had enough.

 

 

'Shin Hyejeong, you want the truth?'

'...'

'You and I...' Seolhyun choked, ' we used to be girlfriend and girlfriend'

Hyejeong frowned.

'Well-'

'We used to be together all the time,' Seolhyun said, determined to finish. 'I was first your roommate. I met you when I moved in, and I was......I was.....captivated by your beauty.'

Hyejeong stared at the floor, almost embarrassed.

'I used to stare at you all the time. Because you were so pretty. Then one night I couldn't sleep because of a huge storm, and I came over, and you helped me sleep. That was where it all started. Then....you took me to the mall... you taught me how to dress up, how to carry myself as a woman. 

'I...have no memory...of that...'

'We sleep...we used to sleep together. You would wrap those big warm arms of yours around me. I would always then snuggle close to you...and then we would fall asleep, just like that... does this mean anything to you?'

'I....ah....'

Seolhyun took a step forward and closed the distance between them. She took Hyejeong's hands in hers, and felt them. The hand of the long lost person she missed so much. These hands used to touch her all the time..and she relished every time that happened. She drew slow circles with her thumbs, feeling the smooth skin. Hyejeong blushed. This felt...unfamilar....but pleasant at the same time. She frowned.

What was this weird feeling in her chest? This warm... fuzy feeling.

'You loved me so dearly. And I loved you back even more. But we weren't perfect together. We had small fights, where I would win with words, and you would win by...doing whatever you did. We had big fights, where one of us were jealous...or possibly...run off with another girl. But we made up. Every single time that happened. We talked, we understood each other, and we accepted each other. Because we loved each other. And I....I still do. You may not remember it, Shin Hyejeong, but you used to love me too. So much that you didn't even want to leave my side. You used to tease me all the time, make me so embarrassed. We had so much fun together. But when things got serious you always managed to make me feel safe, make me feel that everything was going to be ok. I don't know what you did, it just calmed me down. You held me, kissed me, patted me on the back... you whispered the sweetest vocabulary in my ear... and... and I want you to know that all of that is real. And so are my feelings for you. I.... I love you Shin Hyejeong. I loved you...and i'll always love you. The old Hyejeong, and the new Hyejeong. If you choose you to accept my feelings..again.... i'll be happy to start over. We can build a new history together. The old history of ours... will be in my heart. If you choose to...forget me... then I.....I..um...I want you to kow, to know that these past few months have the best few months of my life, you'll always be my Shin Hyejeong, My ice-demon. My lover. My......family...'

Hyejeong felt water forming from her eyes. Did something like that really happen? She wanted to believe it. It sounded...so true. Even the feelings were true...she could feel the hurt and sorrow in Seolhyun's voice...but she...just didn't know how to react. Was all of that....true?  This feeling inside her....that Seolhyun gave her... it was like a mysterious wisp of air, that she couldn't put her hands on. She wanted to feel it...to understand it.....but her memory failed her. 

Seolhyun looked at Hyejeong with a hurtful expression, searching. Hyejeong stared back, also searching. Why was this person...able to render her speechless...simply by looking at her? It seemed like Seolhyun was staring into her soul. It seemed like she she understood every single thing about her. How was this even possibleor one person to know another so well? Her gaze moved lower, towards Seolhyun's body. The girl had a slim figure that most girls would die for. The way she moved and spoke...it was almost demanding attention. If someone was her girlfriend, it was Seolhyun. 

Seolhyun reached up, and wrapped her arms around Hyejeong. She held Hyejeong close to herself, despite the other girl not reacting. She pulled herself close, and she melted with Hyejeong. She smelled Hyejeong's hair, the exotic, vanilla-like smell that she loved. It rendered her intoxicated every time she smelt it. It was like her poison. She felt Hyejeong's warmth, the smoothness of her skin. She reminiscened, how this body used to wrap around her whenever she was afraid, whenever she was in need of it. She remembered how much warmth this body had brought her. How this body had helped her endure and go through things she thought she couldn't go through. She felt deeply, because this was possibly the last time she could do this. Hold her dear Hyejeong. The Hyejeong that loved her, and which she wasn't able to resist. All their happy memories flashed by her. Every single tiny thing and fight they had been through. Every single time they had been in the shower together. Seolhyun smiled. At least those would still exist in her memories, right?

Hyejeong felt fuzzy as Seolhyun held her. The girl was slightly smaller than her, but yet managed to make her feel so.... cuddly in her arms. Her hair brushed across Hyejeong's face, and she was hit with a wave of nausea. The smell.... it seemed so familiar. And... and this felling of warmth against her.... it seemed they were made for each other. It seemed that they were born for each other. Hyejeong found herself falling deeper and deeper in the embrace, until she also could not resist Seolhyun. What was this.. strong unresistable force that drew her to her? Had they...done this together...? Hyejeong frowned, her mind racing. She tried to remember, she TRIED. Aspire.....where had she gone to that night? And who was she living with? Still alone after all these years? She rememebered Seo Yuna, her best friend. But this person... this angel in front of her....who the hell was-

Then it hit her.

Hyejeong raised her arms and met Seolhyun's embrace, one hand on her waist, one hand on the back of head, holding her close, just like she did all the time. Seolhyun did nothing as she felt Hyejeong's hands. Hyejeong contiuned. She had no idea what she was doing, but all the actions seemed to come so easily.. almost by instinct. She the back of Seolhyun's hair, remembering.

'Kim Seolhyun....'

This name certaintly had a ring to it.

'Kim Seolhyun...'

'Hyejeong... do you...'

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys for the long update! I knew I took a REALLLY LOOOONG HOLIDAY from writing.Ah.... i'm gonna have to have to move out of asia at the rate....schools's insane you know? Anyways did you like the chapter? haha. I sort of unfamiliar with writing, taking such a long holiday. AND I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T REPLIED TO ANY of my mail....... so this to all of you out there! I'll do my best to find time.... I love all of you!!!!! I love you all for the support you've given me, it's so nice to see people keep commenting from the start, all the way up till now. All readers of this unpopular fic are very very very dear to me! So thanks for reading! I guess i'll see you next time! (don't worry, there'll be a next time)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeyCbOzxcdo