Bringing in the cavalry

Story of two

Hyejeong awoke with a start, her phone's alarm blazing an obnoxious sound. She sat up and switched off the alarm, her heading shaking in fustration. Why did she set such an early alarm? It was 5:30. Then she remembered. Today was one of the most important days of her life. The fashion company Aspire was hiring interns. The position was rather important, since it intern would have to be the secretary of the CEO of the korean branch. It meant long, late night shifts, and ocasionally skipping school, but once was the internship was completed, a large sum of money would be awarded, not to mention a near guaranteed position in the company. It was literally a jump start in life. Today was the interview, which would last till noon. Hyejeong got out of bed, having to pry Seolhyun off her. Seolhyun gave a sleepy moan, perhaps in disagreement of Hyejeong leaving. Hyejeong picked her pillow and placed it in Seolhyun's grasp, the girl's automatically circled the pillow, satisfied. Hyejeong gave a light chuckle.

'See you later, you big baby.'

She gave Seolhyun a light kiss on the forehead, her lips lingering. Smiling, Hyejeong went to take a shower, pausing in the mirror to admire herself. She put on her best suit, and some makeup. She left a small note on the table. Hopping in her car, she headed towards Aspire's korean headquarters for her interview.  

Around an hour later, Seolhyun woke up groggily. She tried to feel for Hyejeong, but felt nothing. She alarming stood up, looking around, panicing. Had Hyejeong left her? Then she noticed the note on table. She sighed. Why hadn't Hyejeong told her earlier? She got dressed, and started the walk to school. The normally short walk seemed longer and lonlier than ever. She found Yuna on the way, and called her out.

'Yuna unnie!'

'Hey Seolhyun! Where's your girlfriend...' Yuna said slyly

'ai...' Seolhyun sighed. 'She went off to some sort of interview without telling me. Just left a note this morning.'

'Hmmm. She can be like that sometimes. Leaving without a trace. You'll get used to it.'

Just then, Yuna's cell rang. She began chatting happily, ocasionally giving out a laugh, Seolhyun walking quietly behind her. After a while, Yuna got off her cell.

'Sorry Seolhyun. I've gotta run. See you at school!' 

With that, she took off, skipping cheerfully down the road. Seolhyun walked quietly down the road towards the campus. As the University entered her view, her worst nightmare came alive. And even worse, Hyejeong wasn't beside her. Hansuu and his gang stood at the school entarnce, picking on newcomers. Seolhyun lowered her head, and quickened her pace, hoping to get past the group without detection. However, hearing her named being called, she froze. Fear took control of her body, and shivers began to run up and down her spine.

'Seolhyun, my babyyyy' Hansuu slurred smuggly. He walked over to Seolhyun, his gang following. Summoning all her bravery, Seolhyun was finally able to move. Clutching her bag strap, she tried walking past him, but Hansuu stepped in front of her, blocking her way.

'Seolhyun, a bit lonely are we today?' Hansuu continued, keeping up his smug attitude. His gang gave an evil chuckle. 'Do you require my company?'

'N..no..no thanks...' Seolhyun stammered. She had never felt this alone before. She moved past Hansuu, but then his gang stood in front of her, almost forming a wall. She then felt a hideous sensation behind her. Hansuu had stuck his face behind Seolhyun's ear, and he whispered nastily 'I'll be waiting for you after school.' Seolhyun could take no more.  She forcibly pushed her way past the gang, and headed for her classroom. She sat down at her table, and lay down, covering her head witt her arms. Mina, concerned, gave her a pat.

'Hey Seolhyun. Everything alright?'

'Yeah...'

'Did you get bullied?'

'No...i'm just... tired....'

'OK. Rest well ok?'

'Hmm...'

Seolhyun covered her head once again,her mind racing, her heart beating. Was ths how it was like to be bullied? She didn't have the courage to move back then, and now she didn't have the chance to call for help. Her friends were literally right beside her, and what did she do? Hide. Keep her problems to herself. Was she really that weak without Hyejeong beside her? Was she incapable of going through life without someone else's help? Her thoughts grew deeper and darker, and when lesson time came, Hansuu stood outside of her classroom window, making obscene guestres and laughing at her. In return, Seolhyun did nothing but hide herself from the world. Many people came up to her to ask what had happened, but she refused to speak. In the end, Yuna came to shoo the people away, but even the mighty Yuna, with all her people skills, wasn't able to get anything out of Seolhyun. She then spied Hansuu and his gang outside the classroom, Yuna could definetly sense something was wrong. She gave Hyejeong a quick call. 

'Hyejeong Hyejeong. This is Yuna. Urgent.'

'Really? I'm on a tour around Aspire's headquarters. Could it wait?'

'Urgent.'

'This tour is about my future!' Yuna could clearly feel the fustration in Hyejeong's voice, despite her efforts to keep her voice hushed. Sadly, this was something that coldn't wait. 

'Urgent. Seolhyun's acting weird. Not talking. I think it's Hansuu, but you know I can't do anything. Bring it in.'

Yuna's words were simple, they didn't even manage to form a sentence, but the weight of these words was enough to send Hyejeong running. Back at the Aspire's headquarters, Hyejeong sprang into action. 

'Sorry.' She said to the tour guide. 'I've got familly issues.' She pulled off her heels, and sprinted to the carpark, her long legs taking her to her destination. She jumped into her car, and fired up the beast. Flooring the throttle, the car responded with a lion's roar, and sped towards the school.  Hyejeong ignored all traffic and interuptons, pushing the lamborghini to the highest gear. She didn't even realise how fast she was going. Her mind was reeling, thoughts racing everywhere, her emotions a mess.

'... I'm gone for one day and this happens...'

'Hyejeong what have you done...?'

'Yuna please buy me some time...'

'Hansuu you even touch Seolhyun, i'll murduer you...'

'Seolhyun stay safe ah'

Meanwhile, back at school, the disissal had just rang. Seolhyun had decided she had had enough of school. She walked briskly to the entrance, thinkingof home. And as she had dreaded, Hansuu was waiting. Again.

'Going somewhere Seolhyunbaby?' His gang let out a low chuckle.

'Don't call me that.' Seolhyun snapped.

'O! We have a fighter now, don't we?' Hansuu sneered. He grabbed Seolhyun by the wrist, and yanked her towards the back of the school, his gang forming a circle around the two. Other students, knew better than to intervene. At the back of the school, Seolhyun was backed into a wall by Hansuu and his gang. All hope seemed to die from Seolhyun's heart. No one knew she was here, Hyejeong wasn't by her side, and even the sky seemed to turn grey. Hansuu contiuned his verbal assualt on her.

'HEY! LOOK AT ME WHEN IMMA TALKING TO YA!' Seolhyun lifted her head, revealing her red, teared eyes. 

'AWWWWW! WHERE'D THE FIGHTER GO? CAUSE ALL I'M SEEING A CRYBABY HERE!!' Hansuu let out a large laugh, and his gang followed blindly, pointing their fingers at Seolhyun, cheering. 

'...... off.....' Seolhyun muttered.

'what'cha say?' Hansuu's smile turned into a sneer and he shoved his arms Seolhyun onto the wall. Seolhyun gave a small whimper. He placed his face in front of Seolhyun's.

'I dare you. Say that again.' 

Seolhyun stared at Hansuu. She spat in his face, her rage clearly showing. ' off'

Hansuu let his rage loose. His breath became quickened, breathing heavily, unable to control himself. He let out a loud shout and slapped Seolhyun on her cheek, following up with a backhand. Seolhyun winced at the pain, gritting her teeth. Her body was shaking, her head was hot, unable to process anything. But she had promised herself, she would stand up. She wouldn't hide and run again. She gritted her teeth, her face morphing into a snarl. She spat again in Hansuu's face again, cocking her head.

' off'

Hansuu's eyes widned, his hands balling into fist. He ripped off his shirt, tearing it off. He drew his fist back, and threw a punch at Seolhyun. His fist connected with a loud 'bang', and Seolhyun's head flew back from the blow. Blood erupted from , as she spat it onto the floor. Pain flashed threw her face, but Seolhyun raised her hand, wiping away the blood, smearing her clothes. She gave Hansuu a stare. Her knees were weak, weakened both emotionally and physically. Her face and mouth hurt, and she tasted blood. Yet, Seolhyun stood up, and walked forwards, eyes never leaving Hansuu.

'Is that all you got?'

This time, Hansuu's gang moved into action. They quickly surrounded Seolhyun, and Hansuu himself moved forward, pushing Seolhyun back against the wall. His hands cupped Seolhyun's chin roughly, moving her blooded face from side to side.

'You've got a pretty face. Too bad, cause when i'm done with it, even your parents won't recognise it.'

Seolhyun gace a roar, and threw a punch at Hansuu. Her figure was slim, and she was shaking, but her fist was powered by dispair, sadness, and most importantly, rage. Every single muscle in her body protested, yet she forced her arm forward. The punch was strong, Hansuu never saw it coming. Hansuu reeled back, stunned, wide eyed. '

'Bring it' 

Hansuu himself didn't move, but Hansuu's gang did. They swarmed Seolhyun, holding her arms in place, up against the wall. Seolhyun squirmed and wrestled all she could, but in the end she wasn't strong as a group of boys combined. There was no getting out of this. Hansuu drew back. He spat is his hands, rubbing them together. He drew his arm back, getting ready to deliever a slap-

'HEY'

Every single head on scene turned, and all were equally shocked. 

Shin Hyejeong stood before a black lamborghini, primed and ready. Her suit jacket was gone, her sleeves rolled up. Her voice was husky and fierce.

'I think that's quite enough. Let her go. .'

'WELL WELL WELL. LOOK WHOS HERE!" Hansuu exclaimed, almost excited by Hyejeong's arrival. He walked over to a group of abondoned lockers by the wall, and oulled out a baseball bat. He threw the bat over his shoulder, and walked over to meet Hyejeong.

'I don't care what you do. This is my turf. Seolhyun's mine. Even YOU can't do anything this time.

'Let her go.'

'And what are you gonna do?' Hansuu sneered. 'You gonna take a picture and post it online. huh?'

Hyejeong reached into her car, and pulled out a device. It was pretty small, black and yellow in colour. Hyejeong flicked a switch, and blue rays of electricity appeared on the spikes on the tip of the device. It took Hansuu and his gang some no time to figure what it was. A taser. 

'This is a military grade taser.' Hyejeong explained. 'Even trained fighters can't resist it's shock. Also, when i fire this, it sets off an alarm. Within minutes, the police will be here. Now, let her go. And leave. All of you. Except Hansuu. You're mine.'

The gang quickly threw down their bats and released Seolhyun. They ran past Hyejeong, heads lowered, keeping their distance. Seolhyun dropped to the floor and lay there, unable to move. Hyejeong waited til they were gone, then aimed the taser at Hansuu with a trained eye. Hansuu raised his hands in defeat.

'Come on Hyejeong. We just playing! And-'

Hyejeong squeezed the trigger, and the two spikes sprung towards Hansuu's exposed chest. 1200 volts of energy released themselves on Hansuu, stunning every single part of his body. He froze for moment, unable to move. His legs gave away, and he dropped to the ground, curled up, shaking ina ball. Hyejeong wasted no time in running over, not to Seolhyun, but rather to Hansuu. SHe gave him two brutal kicks to the stomach, and Hansuu doubled over. She forced him up against the wall, shoving him. Two quick jabs to the eye, followed by a uppercut to to stomach, left Hansuu wasted. Hyejeong didn't stop there. Her vison was blurred, fueled by anger. She forced her feel onto Hansuu's knee, resulting in a snap sound. Hansuu screamed, but his arms were unbale to move. Hyejeong then stomped on his face. Hansuu vomitted blood. Brusies and blood was anywhere, and he already unmoving. His body finally gave away, and went limp. He slumped on the ground, his head swung back. This his neck. This was like a bulleyes' eye in Hyejeng's eyes, and as she raised her foot for one final blow, something grabbed her leg.

'Unnie...' Seolhyun stammered weakly, 'it's not worth it.....'

Hyejeong finally realised her mistake. She had focused on releasing her rage, and forgotten why she had came back to school in the first place. How did she let that happen? She quickly kneeled beside Seolhyun, as se examined the damage.

'Oh my gosh Seolhyun, i'm so sorry....' Tears began to drop from Hyejeong's eyes, and so did the guilt start to build. She lightly wiped away the ramaining blood from Seolhyun's face, revealing her once beautiful, now brusied face. 

'I'm so sorry. I didn't know that...'

'Hyejeong it's ok. It's not your fault. I was just careless.'

'No no no... this is my fault-'

'Unnie, my face hurts....'

'Right right.' Hyejeong said, struggling to regain control over her emotions. She picked up Seolhyun lightly, and slowly walked over to her car, careful not to make any big movements. She lay Seolhyun in the front seat, then got in herself. After confirming that she hadn't left anything behind, she drove home quickly, Seolhyun unconsious.

They finally arrived, and Hyejeong picked up Seohyun carefully, and lay her down on her bed. She quickly grabbed her medical kit, and some towels. She took off Seolhyun's blood stained shirt, and threw it away. She didn't want to see it again. She caring wiped away the remaining blood, and placed some ice on the wound. She placed a blanket over Seolhyun, and when she realised she had down everything she could do, she simply sat on a chair next to Seolhyun's bed. Tears began to fall again. Seolhyun had just taken a beating, and it was her fault. If only she hdan't gone to the interview! If only she had been by Seolhyun's side to protect her, and to safeguard her harm. What happened to her promises to Seolhyun? Where had all that gone? Tears turned into more tears, and the sobbing turned into crying, At that moment, she felt Seolhyun's hand reach up and cup her face. Her hand was cold, and Hyejeong could feel her pain. 

'Unnie, stop crying, ok? I don't like seeing you cry.' Seolhyun said with a weak smile.

'No, I can't' Hyejeong cried. 'How could I let this happen to you! How could I let anyone do this to you!'

'It wasn't in your power to stop them....'

'YES IT WAS! I could've done so much to prevent this. I could've skipped the interview! I've should have been by your side. I promsied you. I've let you down again.' Hyejeong dropped her head into her palms, unable to look at Seolhyun.

'Unnie. The interview was way more important than me. This is about your future. I should be the one that's sorry. I got in your way...'

'NO! DON"T SAY THAT!' Hyejeong blurted, unable to contain her pain anymore. 'I PROMISED YOU THAT I WOULD BE THERE FOR YOU! I'd risk my life to save you! And why didn't you tell me Hansuu was giving you problems! No matter the ocasion, I would have come straight away.'

'I didn't want to disturb you...'

'Kim Seolhyun, do you know how much you mean to me? Even if I go the job, what would it mean if I lost you? There are many jobs, but theres only on of you, Kim Seolhyun. Only you understand me for who I am, and is able to take my annoying behaviour. What am I suppossed to do if I lose you? Call me if you need help, OK? I'll come immediately. It dosent matter where I am, what I' doing, who I'm with. I'll come get you. You're my girlfriend, my one and only. I NEED you in my life. I love you. More than anything. Please don't leave me...'

'Don't worry Unnie.' Seolhyun chuckled. 'I'm sorry I made you worry. Please don't feel a single speck of guilt. I dont want that, because it wasn't your fault. It wasn't mine, let's just go with that, ok? I don't like seeing this side of you. I like the other Hyejeong. Not this defeated Hyejeong. I want to see, no, I NEED to see the Hyejeong that I grew to love. The strong, y Hyejoeng, which always managed to catch my eye. The Hyejeong that took me in and took care of me, the Hyejeong that I can't get enough off, and more importantly, I need to see the Hyejeong that won't back don't back down no matter what. The Hyejeong that plants her feet in the ground, and faces matters head on. And you didn't leave me today. When Hansuu attacked me, the only thing that kept me going was thinking of you. The only reason I was able to stand up and throw back a punch at that was because you were in my heart.'

'O Seolhyun, I never knew you were this brave...'

'I didn't know too. I never thought I could stand back up, but I did, because I thought of you. You are also my one and only, so don't get disheartened. All I need is some rest and I'll be fresh as new. I love you more than ever, Shin Hyejeong, and I'd go thorugh all of that just to see you once.'

'Kim Seolhyun' Hyejeong said with her husky voice. 'She raised Seolhyun's hand to her lips and gave a small kiss.' I'm sorry you got hurt today. I promise you from this moment onwards, i'll never leave your side. If you're in trouble, call me, and i'll be there. If you're lonely, i'll come and comfort you. If you're feeling unloved, i'll come and love you. You are sun and my moon. Everything single morning I wake up, and I see you next to me, clinging to me, it...it brings joy to my heart. Your obnoxious guestures, like how you pout when I ignore you, or how you stare at me when I come out of the shower. I love them all. So don't worry about being hurt again. It won't happen again. I guarentee it.

'Unnie, you're so cheesy.' Seolhyun laughed

'Really, after all this, and you say i'm cheesy?'

'You ARE really cheesy.'

'I guess you have a point...'

'Haha. Told you so. Cheesy Hyejeongshii.'

'Then what would you prefer?'

'Hmm..... a kiss?'

'As many as you would like.'

Hyejeong bent down and gave Seolhyun and kiss on her forehead, careful not to touched by cheek. As she pulled away, she found Seolhyun frowning.'

'What....' Hyejeong questioned. 'Did I do something wrong?'

'Unnieeeee' Seolhyun complained 'you know that i need more than that...'

'I know. I need more too.... but your face....'

'I dont care unnie...'

'Get well soon Seolhyun. When you've recovered more, I'll give you what you want.'

'Then it's a deal. You wait for my recovery'

'O trust me. I'll be waiting' Hyejeong replied. She walked out of the room, and flicked off the lights.

'Goodnight Seolhyun. Welcome home'

She walked into the living room, and sat on the floor. She curled up into a ball, and covered her head with her arms, as tears started to fall uncontrollably again.

 

 

Hey!!! SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE IN READING THIS FIC!!! I added tags, but I couldn't find them in the tags section. Anyways, were you guys able to find the link I put up? And did you guys like the chapter? I little longer compensate for the delay i guess. And lastly THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO REPLIED TO MY CALLS OF HELP! you guy's really helped. Fixed a lot of problems. Last but not least thanks to those who commented! My issue's slowly fading away, thanks to your caring comments. And i guess i'll keep this fic going.  Leave your thoughts and comments below! They realy help, once again. See you in the next chapter!