Broken

Story of two

Hyejeong opened the door for Seolhyun as the two stepped out of their house.

'...' Hyejeong thought.

Too put it simply, it was raining hard. Harder than the time she had to rush home for Seolhyun. It was around seven, and there was absouletly no light in the sky. The sky was completely black, only the outlines of big, angry rain clouds visible. It was like the world was about to end. Rain was falling hard everywhere. The streets were filled with rain, the drainage system didn't seem to be doing it's job well enough. It was almost if there was a small flood. But being the important company Aspire, it wasn't going to let something like a storm stop their new release of clothes. The limo waited paitently outside, and a man in a suit stood beside it with an umbrella in hand. He walked over and sheltered the two girls into the large car, not hesitating to get himself wet. Hyejeong gave the man a kind smile, then stepped in the car. The man climbed into the driver's seat, and drove off. The car's engine sound was barely present in the sound of the rain.

'Um...miss Shin is it?'

'Call me Hyejeong.'

'Ah yes. Hyejeong, we are running a little bit...late...so i'm going to speed up a little, is that ok with you?'

'Sure. Be careful.'

'As always, Hyejeong.'

As the car reached the highway, Hyejeong realized something. There were no other vechicles in the highway. Perhaps it was because of the rain. Hyejeong turned to Seolhyun. The girl didn't seem relaxed. Her posture was rigid, and her hand gripped the edge of the leather seats. Seeing this, Hyejeong was reminded of Seolhyun's fear of storms. She s her hand across and took Seolhyun's in hers. Seolhyun looked up in surprise, up to Hyejeong's beautiful smile. Seeing Hyejeong in full makeup, with her makeup done...it killed her....

'Hey baby, you doing ok?'

'...' How can I be ok when you look at me like that!

'Don't worry, i'll be with you the whole way ok?'

'Promise?'

'I promise'

'Promise what?' Seolhyun asked like a five year old.

'I promise' Hyejeong said sweetly, raising her hand to cup Seolhyun's face,' that i'll be with you for the rest of the ride.'

Seolhyun felt the blood rush to face to meet Hyejeong's touch. They had been together so many times now, and yet, Hyejeong was still able to cause all this chaos to her feelings...this was precisely the reason Seolhyun loved Hyejeong soo dearly. Hyejeong had this special ability to render her speechless. And she absoulety loved everytime it happened.

Seolhyun wanted to pounce at Hyejeong right now. Like she did in their home. She wanted Hyejeong to recieve her with her long, beckoning arms, and hold her. She wanted to feel her warm body, she wanted to smell her fresh hair. Too bad the circustances didn't allow it.

'When does the party end unnie?' Seolhyun asked.

'Why thats? Are you... disturbed by the rain?'

'No, you know why I want to go home.'

'Why thats?'

'You haven't finished the thing you did to me on the wall.'

'I never intended to finish. It's a PUNISHMENT remember?'

'O please. You could never resist me.

'Wanna try? I'll try to resist you for a month' Hyejeong challenged.

'erm.....' An embarassed cough came from the front of the car. Hyejeong and Seolhyun looked at each other, both of them resisting to burst out and laugh. The driver must have driven a lot of guests before, but he had never driven such..mischevous guests like Hyejeong and Seolhyun before.

'Ahhh...and about the challenge...' Seolhyun contiuned, 'I think i'll pass-'

Seolhyun was suddenly cut off. Something, perhaps a huge lorry, or some unstoppable force, slammed into the left side of the car. The car, being slippery the road was, was completlely bashed off the road. The car skidded off and hit the barrier at the side of the road, and flipped mid-air, landing back on the road. Steel groaned and collapsed as the car flew back onto the road upside-down. 

Inside the car was a completlely different story though. The people inside had no idea what had happened. As the lorry slammed into the car, Seolhyun's head hit a handle on top of the car, and her vision went blank. Hyejeong was luckier, as her side wasn't hit. She felt the car skid off and rise into the air. And at that very moment, time seemed to still. As they turned upside down, Hyejeong watched as Seolhyun went limp. She grasp her hand, and whispered.

'I love you Seolhyun.'

With that, time resumed it's normal pace. The car slammed back onto the road bottom side up, and something hit Hyejeong in the head. She felt a sharp pain drive into her skull, as if something was trying to split her brain apart. She fell unconsious immediately. The driver also stayed still.

Just like that, everything was still. The driver of the lorry had also presumably fainted, as he lay limp over his steering wheel. Seolhyun slowly awakened, and she shook her head. Her vision was slowly returning, and her mind was in chaos.

'What just..happened....'

'There was a large bang...and then...and then?'

'Where the hell am I?'

'Why is everything...upside down?'

Then it hit her. As her vision finally became usuable, Seolhyun finally realised what had happened. They had been hit by something, and now somehow there were upsides down. A car accident. The door had flew open, and was lying on the road, bent. 

'Hyejeong....'

HYEJEONG!

Seolhyun twisted her head around, and horror struck her. 

Hyejeong was stuck in her seat, just like her. Except that her head was hanging limp. And that blood was flowing freely all over her face. 

'Hyejeong...'

'HYEJEONG!!! HYEJEONG NO No no... HYEJEONG!!!!!'

But no reply came to her wails. Nothing moved, except from the horrible trickle of rain. Everything came back to her. She had lost her parents to the rain...and now...even Hyejeong...?

Seolhyun triedn moving. She felt muscles protest, but she forced them to move. She could feel her blood burning, but she was stuck. Both her legs were trapped behind the seat, and one of her arms was also trapped. With her free arm, she tried reaching for Hyejeong, but from the slighest movement, Seolhyun felt her mind explode. She winced at the pain, but she contiuned to reach forward, try to do..something...anything... Her hand finally reached Hyejeong's face. Seolhyun gasped in horror. There was no warmth from Hyejeong's face. The usual warmth she loved and cherished was gone. Replaced by this bitter coldness, washed away by the rain into the night.

'Hyejeong no...' Seolhyun croaked weakly. 'Not even you...'

Seolhyun felt her eyelids get heavy. Pain started stabbing at her head, but she endured it.

'Hyejeong please...' Seolhyun cried weakly, tears flowing from her eyes. 'I need you in my life...you promised...'

She finally scummbed to the pain. It was just too much to bear. Seolhyun also went limp, unconsious.

 

 

HEY!!!! Ah it's a really short chapter, but it's the best I could do ;P Was it dramatic enough? haha, anyways thanks to all your encouragement and support! I woke up to ALL the comments and mail and I nearly cried. It so..damn..how do I even express my feelings? This fic,as you know, isn't exactly 'popular', but I feel i've grown a lot closer to you guys! I've been recieveing so much 'pink' love, and i'm really grateful to all of you guys. Your comments were so kind and touching! ll do my best to keep this fic alive! Updates won't be frequent, but i'll do my best. Just for you guys! You guys, ALL of you are now a really important part of my life, so don't be afraid to speak up! I want to get to know every one you!

 

Ps. should I just end the fic here? Seems like a REALLY GOOD  time to end.