Discovery

Story of two

Hyejeong drifted the car in front of the apartment. One smooth slide and hte car was parked. Rain was still falling hard, if not harder. Thunder contiuned to rumble, the storm was reaching it's peak. Hyejeong didn't care. She grabbed her bag and rushed through the door. It was unlocked. She found her wet from mere seconds of exposure to the heavy rain. 

The house was very dark, none of the lights were switched on. Hyejeong kicked off her shoes, and pulled off her jacket, and tried to look for Seolhyun.

'Seolhyun! You here?' 

No reply came. 

Hyejeong frowned. Where was her girlfriend? 

She slowly took a walk around, checking the living room and the kitchen. No one was there. As she walked to the bedroom, a small whimper came. Hyejeong walked into the room, and smiled to herself. There was a lump of blanket on the bed vaguely in the shape of a human. With one smoth action, she whipped off the blanket. Seolhyun was curled up, hugging herself. A pillow was stuck between her legs, and her mobile was right beside her. She gave a gasp when she felt the blanket rip off her, and she stared at Hyejeong with lost eyes. Through the darkness, Hyejeong could make out tears on the corner of the eyes. 'She must have gone through a lot tonight' Hyejeong thought. 

'Hye...Hyejeong is...that you?' Seolhyun stammered. Her voice was weak and shaky. 

'Ya, Seolhyun it's me. I'm home.'

Seolhyun gave a distressed cry, and pounced up from the bed into Hyejeong's arms. She wrapped her around Hyejeong, burying her head in Hyejeong's shoulder. Hyejeong in turn wrapped her arms around the smaller girl, soothing her with light of her hair and blowing small kisses on her neck. Seolhyun never felt so safe. As the night grew deep, the storm had started to get stronger. The rain had gotten stronger, and lightning had gotten more frequent. It flashed through the sky like an angry plane, showing itself for one second, then disapperaing the next. But for Seolhyun the worst of all was the thunder. When the thunder rang out it was like a hundred drums being played at the same time. The rumble shook Seolhyun all the way to the deepest parts of her heart, where tragic memories remained. Every single stormy night Seolhyun was like that. She just couldn't forget the accident. The best she could do was curl up in her bed and cover herself with a blanket, and try her best to block out the outside world.  However all of this changed when she met Hyejeong. Hyejeong had held her in her warm arms, calming her completely. To Seolhyun, there was no safer place to be. The feeling of Hyejeong wrapped around her, the warmth of her chest and the smell of her hair-it was perfect. She felt like she would be invincible with Hyejeong wrapped around her. And she didn't plan on letting go.

After a minute of Hyejeong's soothing, Seolhyun finally managed to speak up. 

'You're late'

'I know. I'm sorry.'

'You said you would never leave me scared. You promised.' Seolhyun said, sounding like a child.

Pain stabbed at Hyejeong's heart. Her guilt began to build up.

'I was working you know...'

'So...? You promised....'

'When I got your message, I came back as soon as I could. I was speeding in the rain you know. Just to come home.'

'Really...you could have killed yourself...'

'I don't care. I wanted to come home. To you.'

At this moment, Seolhyun was blushing as hard as she could. Luckily, her blush was hidden from sight. She held Hyejeong even tighter.

'Do you know how afraid I was?' Seolhyun contiuned. 'You know I have issues with thunder.'

'I... know.... I'm really sorry..... but i'm here now right?'

'You're still late'

'ya.... '

'I was crying all by myself you know.'

Hyejeong froze. It was around midnight by now. The storm had gone on for a pretty long. How long had she left Seolhyun alone? Alone, crying to herself  on her bed, being constantly reminded of the horrible accident. Hyejeong wrapped Seolhyun even tighter, as physically close as possible. She buried her head in Seolhyun's shoulder, slowly kissing the tender spot.

'I know.'

'I was alone and afraid.'

'I know.'

'I was waiting for you.'

'I know.'

'Hyejeong ah. Can you sleep with me tonight?'

'I sleep with you every night...'

'Hold me extra tight tonight ok? You're the only one that can calm me.'

'alright.'

Hyejeong released Seolhyun. She the girl's cheek, feeling the softness. She swiped away a tear, with the side of her hand.

'I love you, you know? This won't happen again. I'll keep you safe from now on.'

Seolhyun just nodded.

Hyejeong started to lay on the bed, but Seolhyun stopped her.

'What?' Hyejeong asked.

'You're not gonna sleep in your office clothes are you?'

'Hmm.. you're right. I'll go change.'

Seolhyun stopped her again.

'You're not gonna sleep in clothes are you?'

Hyejeong gave Seolhyun a sly look. She reached forward and whispered huskily into Seolhyun's ear.

'Anything for you my love' 

Hyejeong then pushed Seolhyun on the bed. Seolhyun sat down, and just stared at Hyejeong, just like how she used to stare when she had just met Hyejeong. That same, longing, anticpating stare. Hyejeong then put on a small show of taking of her clothes. She took off her shirt buttons one by one, making slow delibeate movements. Every single button opened made Seolhyun's heart pound. With the buttons undone, Hyejeong pulled off her shirt slowly, revealing her skin ine bit at a time. From her shoulders, to her long, sleek arms. Seolhyun could literally feel her heart on fire. Her brain was empty. The only thing she saw was a goddess stripping in front of her.  Hyejeong procedded to pull off her pants. slowly revealing her long, smooth, lucious legs. Hyejeong swayed her legs from side to side, her eyes never leaving Seolhyun. Dressed in only her underwear, Hyejeong walked up to Seolhyun slowly, doing her best power walk. Seolhyun gulped. How was someone able to be so hot? How was a human able to pull off such an godly act? What had the gods bestowed upon Hyejeong? As Hyejeong crept up the bed, Seolhyun didn't move, unable to comply. Her body was frozen. Hyejeong cupped Seolhyun's face in her hands, and gave her a sweet smile.

'Is this enough repayment?'

Seolhyun nodded vigoursly, wide-eyed.

Hyejeong gave a small chuckle, and lay both of them down. Their bodies automatically merged into one, Seolhyun facing Hyejeong, with her leg stuffed between. Their smooth bodies rubbed against each other. The heat was great. They slept practically like this every night, but Seolhyun still couldn't get enough of Hyejoeng. Her long Goddess-like body, and more importantly her smell. That exotic, y, foxy smell. It made her mind spin every time she smelt it. 

'Ah... I feel so safe now Hyejeong.... and that act you did just now. I.... I really liked it.'

Hyejeong gave a small chuckle 'Of course you liked it. It don't do it for just anyone you know?'

'Hmm..... then I must be special right? Who..who taught you to do that?'

'Well....let's just say we keep our secrets to ourselves. '

'Hyejeong! Really! After all that and you're keeping secrets?'

'Fine....I um.... took a class....'

'WAT? There are classes for THAT? Why did you even sign up?'

'I was preparing....in case someone like you walked into my life...'

'O........ well thanks....' 

'haha....'

Then Hyejeong noticed something. Something she hadn't seen before.

'Yo Seolhyun. Is that a new braclet? I've never seen it before.'

'Ya Hyejeong. Hyeri got it for me.'

Hyejeong's mood dropped out of the sky. She had risked her life to get home, held her girlfriend and calmed her, then put on one of the iest acts she could perfrom, and Seolhyun was talking about someone else? Still, she put up a cheerful mood.

'Ah Hyeri... the one that lent you her umbrella?'

'YA! She's really funny you know. She even told me to buy her lunch. And I was like HELL NO! Food keeps you alive. All you did was cover me with an umbrella! Am I right?'

'....yea....' Hyejeong mumbled.

'And then in the lecture, she even thought of taking out her laptop to record! And we even got caught! Luckily she switched off hers, so I brought out mine. It was SO FUNNY! Then after school we went to the mall, and we chatted for the whole day! She and I have a lot in common. We even dress similarlly!'

'I picked out your clothes for you...' Hyejeong thought. But she wasn't about to come out and say that. No way. She just Seolhyun's hair.

'I'm happy for you. Now can we get some sleep? I've had a long day.'

'Alright goodnight Unnie. Love you.'

'I...love you too....' 

With that Seolhyun snuggled closer to Hyejeong, content with her new friend. After a few minutes, she had already fallen asleep. 

On the other hand, Hyejeong was close to crying. Tears had already begun to form from the corner of her eyes. She had gone thorugh a horrible day, and come back to her home. She had put on the best show she could for her girlfriend, and she had held her tightly in her arms. She missed Seolhyun greatly, and she absouletly loved the feeling of sleeping with Seolhyun. However what did the girl do? She talked about another girl. ANOTHER GIRL. One she had only been with for one day. They had already gone to the mall, and chatted together, and gotten bracelets. What the hell? Is that what she deserved? She had done so much for Seolhyun. She had literally saved her twice form bullies. She put a man in the hospital for her. And there Seolhyun was, having fun with some other person. Hyejeong was devastated. Seolhyun's body was there, but her heart seemed to be elsewhere. Hyejeong held Seolhyun even tighter, and with Seolhyun asleep, she whispered something into Seolhyun's ear.

'Please don't leave me.'

Hyejeong awoke, groaning. Today was friday, the last day of her internship. After Seolhyun had fallen asleep, Hyejeong had slowly cried herself asleep. If it was a normal breakup, she would have been fine, she had been through worse. However, Hyejeong had gone through a lot in her past. She had been forgotten, neglected. She understood how it felt to be left behind. She had learnt to trust only close friends, because she knew close friends would stick by her side no matter what. She had trusted Seolhyun, and poured her heart out for her. And now, she was being mistreated. Replaced. The thing she feared most was happening to her. 

Hyejeong got up from her bed, determined not to get distracted. She went to the toliet, and took a hot shower. As she showered, the image of Seolhyun's new bracelet flew into her mind. She shook her head, erasing the thought. She wasn't about to be let down by such a trinket. Moreover, today was her last day, right? All she had to do was get through the day, then everything would revert back to normal. Seolhyun would come back to her. What could go wrong. She put on her best suit, and her best makeup. Hyeeong decided that if she wasn't feeling good, she would at least look good. As she walked to door, she paused. Should she leave a note, like she always had? Hyejeong certaintly didn't feel like it, but she had to. Or else Seolhyun would completely forget her existance. She left a short note on the door,

'Good morning ah Seolhyun. Sleep well? I'm coming back for dinner, so wait for me :)'

 

Hyeri woke with a start. As she walked sleepily to the toilet, she found herself smiling like a fool.

'Why am I smiling so much all of a sudden?'

ah. Then she remembered. Her hand moved to her new bracelet on her arm. She had met Seolhyun on the way to school, and they certainly had a good laugh. They ate lunch together, and found out they had many simliar interests. After school, they went to the mall together, checking out clothes. Hyeri knew how to dress; she had a pretty nice amount of allowance, and she knew how to put together nice outfits. But even she had to admit that Seolhyun was on a different level. The clothes that Seolhyun chose were able to show off her nice body, and made her feel like a different person. Where did that person even learn to dress like that? But then as they were about to get dinner, Seolhyun called someone.

Someone named Hyejeong.

Hyeri didn't know who Hyejeong was. She only knew she was the so called 'ice-demon' Why did Seolhyun even call her. Did they live together? Did they have a relationship of some sort? What was the history between them. Hyeri didn't know anything. And she didn't care either. From the moment Seolhyun walked into the classroom on her first day, Hyeri was in love. She loved Seolhyun's long legs, and her slim waist. She loved her beautiful face. And she was also certain of one thing. She was going to make Seolhyun her's. 

On the way to school, Hyeri saw Seolhyun again. She called Seolhyun out, with a plan in mind.

'Hey Seolhyun! Good morning!'

Seolhyun turned her head, and gave a sweet smile.

' Good morning ah Hyeri! I'm glad it's not raining today'

'Haha. I quite enjoyed earning a favour from you.'

Seolhyun gave a short laugh. 'I'm sure you'll forget about it.'

'Ya! Fine. I'll use it right now. My family's out of town today, so I have no one to eat dinner with. Can you spend the night with me?'

'Ah...sorry ah....I promised my girl-...roommate I would eat with her tonight.'

'COMEON!' Hyeri whinnned, determined to win over Seolhyun. 'Can it wait? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee' She nagged. 'You owe me one right?'

Hyeri looked at Seolhyun, pouting. Seolhyun playfully ignored her for a moment, then finally gave up.

'Ah Jinja. Fine. I'll call my roommate later. Happy?'

'YESSSSS!!!!' Hyeri let out a playful cry. She grabbed Seolhyun's hand and starting swinging it. 'I don't have to be alone tonight!!'

Seolhyun let a laugh. She quite liked this cheerful Hyeri. 

Meanwhile, Hyejeong was n't exactly having a good day. She was still in a bad mood, but she hid it under her face. She had just finished her load of unreasonablly huge amount of work, and it was around six. She took a deep breath, and walked bravely into Ms kim's office.

'Ms.Kim? Here are the files you asked me to do. I've completed all of them.'

Ms Kim was on the phone, but she froze when she heard Hyejeong speak. She said quickly 'I'll call you back' and hung up. She turned to face Hyejeong. Her expression was of utter shock. Hyejeong frowned. Was something wrong?

Ms.Kim took the files from Hyejeong's hand, and lay them out on her desk. She briefly flipped throught them, wide-eyed.

'You completed all of them. Every single one.'

'Yes Ms. Kim. Just like you told me to.'

'You did them yesterday night?'

'Yes.'

'How late did you stay?'

'Around a quarter till midnight... is something wrong?'

'Hyejeong ah, did you know what you just accomplished?'

'I have... no idea Ms. Kim. Could you...explain it to me?'

'These files were given to me by the board. The group of people you saw the other day,' Ms. Kim explained, still flipping through the files. 'It's sort of a tradition here. I give this pile of work to every intern I get. As you know, it's pretty meaningless work. The record for completion is around half. No intern has ever gotten close to completing this workload, let alone in one night. You know how incredible your efficency is? I bet even I wouldn't be able this workload in one night. But you did it. YOU did it, Hyejeong. I'd never thought i'd see the day, but you did it. You actually went through THIS WHOLE STACK OF WORK. The board is going to be so pleased. You're special Hyejeong. I've met some incredible in my life, but you.... YOU are on a completely different level....'

Hyejeong blinked. Her mind slowly came to process Ms. Kim's words. What had she just done? Something that others could do half of? A small bit of happiness and excitment grew in her heart. Her whole face lit up. She realized she had just done something incredible.

'I...um.... thank you....' Hyejeong breathed.

' Alright. I guess you're really tired, going through that huge workload... I still can't believe it... take ah break now Hyejeong. Good job. terrfic job. Wonderful job! I'm going to call the board now. They need to know about this.In fact every single person in Aspire needs to work about this. Including the janitors, security, everyone. This is incredible Hyejeong. I'll let you go early today, since it's the last day of your internship. I guess you'll be back on monday to get your certificate?

'Sure..... thanks Ms. Kim.....'

'No no no, thank you for letting me witness this.'

Hyejeong left the office, internally screaming in delight, her mind full of rainbows. What had she jsut acomplished? Without thinking, she called Seolhyun on her cell.

'HEY SEOLHYUN!! YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST DID???'

'Hey Hyejeong, You seem so excited? Did something happen?'

'YAAAA APPARENTLY I COMPLETED THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK, AND IT WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE UNFINISHABLE!!!! APPARANTLY I SET A RECORD OR SOMETHING!!!!!'

'UNNIE I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I knew you'd make me proud.'

'Hahaha i'm so happy right now.'

'Yes unnie congrats.... so um..... my friend has a problem. Her parent are out of town, and I owe her a little something. So i'm having dinner with her tonight. Is that ok with you?'

At that moment, Hyejeong felt her heart turn to stone. Tears began to from the corner of her eyes. She had just accomplished something incredible. On her last day. She expected Seolhyun to scream into the microphone and congratulate her. She expected Seolhyun to be waiting at home for her after her last day, and eat dinner with her, and kiss her to her heart's content. instead, she was running off with another girl. Whose parents were out of town on this precise day. What a coincidence. Still, she managed a reply.

'Ah yea sure... i'm was planning....to celebrate with... with friends anyway...'

'Awww... I see.....' came the cheerful reply. ' I guess i'll see you at home?'

'Yea....'

'Great... '

'I miss you Unnie...goodbye Hyejeong!'

'Goodbye Seolhyun....' With that the line was cut dead. 

The way that Seolhyun said that last sentence, was like a knife in Hyejeong's heart. An end to her final hope. That was it. Seolhyun had left her. For good. She had run off with that Hyeri, on Hyejeong's special day. Hyejeong began to sob. She had been forgotten. Again. It felt no different than the time in her childhood. She dialed the most trusted person in her contact list. Yuna.

On the other hand, Yuna was having a great time. School had ended, and she was just begining to get y with Mina. Normally she would neglect all phonecalls, but seeing it was Hyejeong, she decided to answer.

'Hey Hyejeong! Sup? i;m sort of busy here, so if you could call back-'

'Yuna-'

From one single word, Yuna could already feel Hyejeong's oain. She knew Hyejeong was crying, and she also knew Hyejeong didn't just cry for anything. Something big had happened. She shrugged off Mina, who was trying crawl over her. Mina understood instantly. She got off Yuna and stuck her head next to the cellm trying to listen.

Yuna cut Hyejeong off. From that one word, she had heard enough. Her 'sister' had just taken a hit, and required her help.

'That's it. I've heard enough. Meet at the pier.'

'Alright' Hyejeong croaked.

Yuna quickly pulled on her clothes, and grabbed her wallet and phone. She turned around and said to Mina:

'Sorry. Duty calls.'

' I understand. Hyejeong crying? I've never seen her cry. Something must have happened. I'll take care of myself, maybe call Jimin for dinner.'

'Thanks for understanding' Yuna replied with a smile. She got out of her apartment and started up her car. She had seen Hyejeong cry once. Once only. The day her family broke apart. That was it. Hyejeong was a strong person. She was rich, powerful, she knew how to fight, how to cook, how to take care of herself. Something big must have happened. Something big enough to bring tears to Hyejeong's face. And Yuna wasn't going to let Hyejoeng face that problem alone.

'Hang in there Hyejeong' Yuna muttered to herself. 'I'll be there.'

 

 

 

HEEYYYY Im back with another chapter!!!! Did you guys like it? The drama? And THANKS FOR THOSE WHO COMMENTED!!!! It's really nice to see some people actually liking my work, and sharing their thoughts. My teachers are kind of phycopaths, and the amount of homework I recieve is huge, but i'll do my best to get the next chapter up. 

*Gives all readers virtual hugs*