Something Special?

Story of two

 

It was a chilly morning, and the sun was half hidden behind light storm clouds while Seolhyun and Hyejeong walked to their university. Hyejeong, dressed in slim jeans and a kardigan, walked boldly in front, with Seolhyun trailing shyly behind, still remembering their morning incident. On their way, Seolhyun managed to notice something. Everyone walked at least a meter from Hyejeong, and almost seemed to be afraid of her. She then started to hear other students whisper about them.

'Who's the new girl?'

'Damn, she's pretty hot.'

'Why the hell is she with the ice demon? Do they know each other?'

Seolhyun frowned as she her the whispers. 'Why was Hyejeong the 'Ice demon'? Was it a problem to be with her. She seemed pretty kind this morning....

'Hey!'

Seolhyun looked up, and surprisingly, saw a girl waving at Hyejeong. The girls as brown hair, and a body that could make even Seolhyun jealous. She seemed like a rather cheerful person. Hyejeong with a simple wave of her hand. The girl then disappeared in to the school.

'Who was that?' Seolhyun asked.

'That's Yuna, annoying friend of mine.' Hyejeong replied. They made their way to the staffroom.

'Here's the staffroom.' Hyejeong explained. 'Just tell staff you're new, and they'll show you where to go.'

'Thanks Hyejeong.'

'It's alright. Have a nice day.' Hyejeong replied with a sweet smile. Seolhyun, seeing Hyejeong's smile, felt her heart start to beat hard again. She stood in the middle of the corridor, stammering.

'Uhhhh....you too.... yea....'

'You're weird.' Said Hyejeong with a light chuckle. 'I like weird'

She then walked briskly away, leaving Seolhyun standing alone.

Hyejeong reached her classroom, just to find Yuna pounce from behind the door and literally attach herself to Hyejeong's neck.

'GET OFFF!!!'

' I know you like it when I hug you Dong dongieeeeee!!!!'

'GET OFFF !!!!!!'

'Awwwwww why was my little Hyejeong so cheerful this morning? And who is your new girlfriend?'

'She's not my girlfriend. Just my new roommate.'

'Ahhh....roommate...nothing more. I seee' Yuna said mischeviously.

'What do you want....' Hyejeong asked, defeated. She had already endured a bad night's sleep, and now she was being tourtured by her best friend. 

'just wondering who was brave enough to live with a demon.' Yuna said witha wink.

The classroom door opened again, revealing their classteacher.

'Everybody sit down. Now, we have a new student here, so let her say a few words please.'

Seolhyun stepped nervously into the classroom. As her full body came into few, a murmuer of awe rippled through the class, namely from the hungry eyes of boys, and the jealous eyes of girls.

'Hi everyone. I'm Kim Seolhyun. Nice to meet you all, and hope you take good care of me.'

The class cheered loudly, however Seolhyun paid no attention to that. Her eyes were on Hyejeong, but the other girl refused to meet her eye. Both her hands were under her table, and she was looking down there too. Mostly on her cell.

'You can sit over there.' The teacher pointed to a seat near the windows, and Seolhyun couldnt help but produce a small pout. Her seat was next to the window, while Hyejeong's was next to the wall. They were literally as far apart as they could get. However, she lit uo as she saw the girl who waved earlier next to her.

'Hey...you're Seolhyun right? I'm Yuna. Nice to meet you!' Yuna said enthusiastically. 

'Nice to meet you Yuna. I saw you earlier...are you a friend of Hyejeongs?'

'OOOOOOOOOOOO' Yuna suddenly screamed, causing the whole class to glance at her direction. She quickly gave a short bow in apology, causing Seolhyun to laugh.

'So you're the girl i saw earlier that was following Hyejeong. I saw you earlier this morning. Apparantly you're Hyejeong's roommate?'

'yah. uh..... im just curious, but why are people sort of afraid of Hyejeong? And why is she called the ice demon?'

'Huh?' Yuna stuttered? 'Isn't it obvious? She dosent talk to anyone, except for a few close friends. And isn't she realy cold and rude?'

'Actually.....she was really caring at our apartment....'Seolhyun started.

'ARE YOU JOKING?' Yuna exploded again. 'didnt she give you a cold shoulder? Didn't she just diss you for no reason at all? Didn't she absouletly neglect your existence?'

'No....'Seolhyun stammered. 'She was actually really nice. She showed me the way to school, and she helped me through the night....' 

'Do you know what this means?' Yuna said vigoursly, clutching Seolhyun's arm as if it was a case of national security. 'The noramlly dosent talk to anyone she dosent know. She's treating you specialy! Or maybe it's because you're her roommate. Anyway, you've done something i've never seen before. You're the first newcomer Hyejeong has ever talked to!'

Seolhyun slowly began to redden, as she slowly got to terms with what Yuna was teling her. Thoughs steadily began to flood her mind.' Was she really special? Did THEY have something special? Or was Hyejeong falling for.....NO NO NO!!!!' Seolhyun quickly cleared her mind. There was no way such a cool girl like Hyejeong would take interest in a shabby newcomer like Seolhyun.

'I'm sure she's just being a good roommate,that's all.' Seolhyun said with a kind simile.

'I don't care. I'm keeping my eyes on you.' Yuna replied with the most serious face she could pull, causing Seolhyun to roll her eyes.

The day went by uneventfully, with a couple of girls and a LOT of boys coming up to Seolhyun, asking where she was from, what were her hobbies, and ocasoinally her phone number. Seolhyun replied kindly to al of her questions, but kept her phone a secret. XD Her mind, however, never left Hyejeong, thinking about what Yuna had said in the morning. But every single time she ran into Hyejeong, she was talking with Yuna, and two more girls Seolhyun didn' know. From a distance, she watched as Hyejeong interacted and laughed with the three girls, occasionaly slapping each other's arms playfully. There was a shorter girl, with shorter hair and a funky voice, who seemed to be the leader of the social group, and an even shorter girl, with long, straight black hair. All in all, Seolhyun felt left out. As she watched Hyejeong as recess, lunch, a small pain in her heart started to grow. She had already made many friends, but why did she feel so left out? Why did she feel so lonely?

After school, Seolhyun was tired. Tired from a full day of classes, and emotionally tired from the small feeling in her chest. She decided to walk home alone, when she heard someone call her out. 

'Yo Seolhyun!'

Seolhyun turened around, and saw a group of boys walking towards her. There were dressed up like typical douchebags, and they seemed to be rather muscular. 

'Hey! you're new here right? Let's go have some fun!' The leader said with a smirk.' I'm Hansuu. I know somewhere where we could do all sorts of things...' His group let out a small chuckle.

'Um.....'Seolhyun muttered. ' Im sort of busy today...'

'WHAT you mean by BUSY!!' Hansuu shouted. Seolhyun took a step back, afraid.

'It means she's BUSY"

Hyejeong suddenly appreared in between Seolhyun and Hansuu. Hyejeong wasn't as tall as Hansuu, but she stood up o the bully proudly with her head held up high. 

'When she says she's busy, It means, SHES GODDAMN BUSY!' Hyejeong shouted. 'You know we girls are always busy, right? Unlike you boys who always fool around at the PARK....'

'Hearing the word 'PARK", Hansuu gave an angry sneer, pushing his face right up to Hyejeong's, but Hyejeong didn't budge.

'Whatever....' Hansuu muttered. 'You're not that hot anyway. Lets roll guys.'

Hansuu left first, and his 'gang' followed, glaring at Hyejeong.

Hyejeong said nothing, but took Seolhyun's arm in her's and walked briskly to the back of the campus, dragging Seolhyun with her. They reached a seluded corner, where Hyejeong finally let go of Seolhyun.

'Unnie.....im sorry..... I just....' Seolhyun stammered, tears starting to form.

'Hey, why are you crying?'Hyejeong interrupped with a gentle voice of an angel. 'It's not your fault. ok? That was Hansuu and his gang. They're famous for being mean and picking on freshman, but luckily i've got something on them. They ever give you trouble, or if ANYONE gives you trouble, tell me ok? Ill make it go away.' She then used her hands to wipe away Seolhyun's tears, gently feeling her soft face. Seolhyun just stood there, her mind and body unable to comply. She felt Hyejong's cool hands run over her own face, drying away her tears. Her breath was ragged, and she tried to speak, but Hyejeong silenced her again.

'Yuna and a couple of my friends are going to the-never mind.... you wanna go home?'

Seolhyun nodded.

'Come on, lets go home.' Hyejeong ushered Seolhyun forward, but she refused to move. Hyejeong gave a playful sigh, then took Seolhyun's hand. She then began to lead Seolhyun home, and unknown to her, a smile began to grow on Seolhyun's face.

 

 

JJANGG!!!! Sorry for the slow update. Thanks for those who commented!! Feel free to comment or PLSSS send me mail on what to write next (like srsly, my mind is pretty much blank) until next time!!