Lost forever

Story of two

Hyejeong no...

Seolhyun felt numb. Her whole body felt numb. 

I can't remember anything...what the is even happening? I think there was a crash...and then were we in the air? And then...and then....Hyejeong...HYEJEONG!!!!

Seolhyun's eyes fluttered opened. Her head felt like it had been kicked by a horse. It was like someone was inside, banging her head with a hammer. Her vision was blury, but it worked. She awoke to a white ceiling, with bright lights flaring at her. A man and women stood over her, shining a torch right into her eye.

Where the hell am I...what happened after the crash...and Hyejeong? Are you ok? HYEJEONG!!!!

Seolhyun tried to get up, squirming as hard as she could. Almost instantly the man was on top of her, pressing her shoulders back to the bed, the nurse holding her legs in place. But Seolhyun didn't care. She wanted to see Hyejeong. She barely knew what happened, how could lie down and relax. Tears of desperation erupted from the corner of her eyes, and her face morphed into a grunt, and she contiuned struggling. She jerked her body up and down, growing even more desperate, she could hear vague shouts of 'relax!' and 'Calm Down!' but she ignored them all. Blocked all of them out. Her unnie came first.

'JUST LET ME GO!'

Her struggle contiuned pointlessly, until a familiar voice pierced her head.

'SEOLHYUN!'

Seolhyun froze, shocked. Someone knew who she was? 

'Seolhyun...please stop for one second......'

The voice was very familiar...was it Yuna? Or...Mina?

Seolhyun let her shoulders sag back on the bed. She was already exhausted. She closed her eyes and took a deep place. She mentally prepared herself for what was coming.

She opened her eyes, and a troubled Yuna stood before. Mina was behind her, clutching her tightly. Jimin and Iron stood in the corner, talking on their mobiles. Chanmi and Choa were sitting down, sobbing. The whole room was quiet, and everyone looked at Seolhyun when she looked around. Some of the faces simply turned away, some of them erupting tears. Seolhyun scanned the room. Everyone was here. Except her.

Except her...

'Seolhyun...'Yuna started, her eyes reddened. 'Do you remember-'

'Where am I...' Seolhyun croaked weakly

'You're in... Seoul public hospital....'

'Yuna, there was... a crash wasn't there?'

More tears came from Yuna's eyes, and she nodded.

'What time is it...?'

'Around eleven at night...you were out for a couple of hours...'

'O...'

'Yuna unnie.'

'Yes?'

'Where is... Hyejeong?'

A cry burst around the room, and Chanmi started bursting with tears, Choa quickly holding her. Iron's face turned into a frown, and he walked out briskly, followed by Jimin, clutching her face. Mina, behind Yuna, stuffed her face on Yuna's back, sobbing uncontrolablly. Only Yuna seemed in control of her emotions. And even she wasn't fairing well. She blinked rapidly, try to hold back tears. Her breath became ragged, trying to speak.

When you all react like that... 

'Yuna Unnie' Said Seolhyun, at this point also crying. 'Tell me...I need...to know...please...'

'The doctors said that-' Yuna suddenly burst into a cry, covering her eyes, unable to reply. Iron walked in, his expression full of sorrow.

'Hyejeong's been unconscious. The doctors say that she's in critical condition.' He stated bluntly.

Seolhyun's heart sank after hearing what Iron had said. The world seemed to turn grey her mind reluctantly processed what she just heard.

Unconcious? Critical condition...?

No.......NO!

I did everything...I tried....

Her thoughts slowly turned to words as her emotions took a turn for the worst. Pain and guilt stabbed at her heart as she finally understood what Iron meant. Hyejeong. Her love. Unconscious. In a car accident again. She was hit by wave after wave of tramua, as her emotions were mixed up. It was simply too much to bear. Not again. Not this again. Her  breath quickened as she lost control of herself.

'Hyejeong.... HYEJEONG NO!! NO!!! HYEJEONG NO!!!! NOT LIKE THIS AGAIN!!!!! NOOOO!!!!'

She began squirming uncontrolably again, this time way more violent. She screamed at the top of her lungs, kicking her legs and flaying arms. The whole bedframe shook from her moving, and Iron instantly reacted, pushing her shoulders back on the bed, trying to suspress her. Yuna and Mina simply watched in disbelied, not knowing how to react, crying even harder.

'LET ME GO!!!!'

'SEOLHYUN CALM DOWN!' Iron shouted.

'NO!!! I WANT TO SEE HYEJEONG!!! NOW!!!'

'YOU CAN"T !! NOT NOW!!!'

'I DONT CARE!!! I WANT TO SEE HYEJEONG!!!!"

'SEOLHYUN PLEASE!!!!!"

'NO!!!!'

'SEOLHYUN DON"T MAKE THIS HARDER THAN IT ALREADY IS!'

Yuna screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing her arms to the floor. Seolhyun, glaring, stared at her. Her mind slowly calming down, her chest rising up and down. Yuna came forward, and with shaky hands, cupped Seolhyun's face.

'Seolhyun..i'm sorry...we all are...but...'

'I tried unnie...'

'You what-'

'I TRIED!'

'...'

'I TRIED TO SAVE HER!!!!'

'Seol-'

'I TRIED MY BEST!!!! BUT I WAS TRAPPED!!!!"

'Seolhyun, calm down alright? Tell us slowly...'

'After the crash...' Seolhyun said, trying hard to remember,' before the world turned black, I saw Hyejeong. She was laying there...I tried to save her..but I was held back by something.... I tried Yuna... I tried so hard! But in the end-'

Seolhyun started crying uncontrolably, hiding her face in her hands. Her eyes were sore from all the crying, but the tears just wouldn't stop. Yuna reached forward and hugged her, pulling Seolhyun into her embrace. Defeated, Seolhyun fell into the embrace, sobbing. Yuna touched her back, gulping.

'I understand...Seolhyun'

'I tried so hard Unnie! But I just couldn't move! I honestly tried my hardest-'

'Seolhyunshi' Yuna said with a warm voice,'  I know you tried your hardest. You did well back there. No one's blaming you alright? I need you to understand that.'

I tried so hard

'But we can't change what happened. Plus, Hyejeong is a strong girl, you of all people know that. She's gonna be fine. I promise you.'

You promise me? How would you do that? Oh Hyejeong...

Seolhyun continued holding on to Yuna, simply not knowing what to do. Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice burst into the room.

'Excuse me... the paitent Hyejeong is concious..would you like to-'

With that everyone in the room got and RAN towards Hyejeong's room. No one cared about order and safety. The pure desperation drove them forwards. Seolhyun PULLED herself up from the bed, her whole body protesting. She felt wires attached to her body fall to the floor, and the machine beside her let out beeps. She didn't care.

HYEJEONG I'M COMING....

She followed the others to a room down the hall, with 'extensive care unit' written on the door. When she got there her life seemed to regain colour. 

Hyejeong was sitting upright in her bed, dressed in a hospital gown. Her makeup had been removed, and her lips were pale. A huge bandage had been wrapped around her forehead, and it was extra thick around the back of her bed. Yuna was literally all over her, holding her tightly. The girls behind were crying in relief. Seolhyun stepped in the room, slowly, unsure.

Hyejeong......

I missed you so much...

'Hyejeong...'

Hyejeong stretched her neck to see past the group. The group pulled to the side, allowing her clear vision of Seolhyun. Seolhyun stared in disbelief, her hands shaking. Was Hyejeong really alright? All this emotion...all this pain inside her... to see her Unnie like this it killed her. Tears erupted from her face as she took another unsteady step in the room. She took a deep breath.

'Hyejeong...'

Hyejeong stared at Seolhyun intently. She cocked to her to one side, a frown on her face.

'Hyejeong...it's me. Seolhyun.'

Hyejeong simply stared ahead, as if she was trying to think.

'I'm sorry, but who are you?'

Seolhyun stood still, trying to understand what was happening. The world seemed to stop spinning as a thousand thoughts burst through her mind.

'It's me...Seolhyun...' Seolhyun whispered weakly

Hyejeong unnie please...

'I'm sorry... have we met?'

Seolhyun took a step back in disbelief. Then another step. Then another, until she finally turned around and bolted. She heard some cry her name but she contiuned running.