Just like I used to

Story of two

'Hyejeong...... do you...?'

'I...don't know...I really don't....'

Still holding Seolhyun, Hyejeong reached with her hands and brought a wisp of hair to her face. She breathed.

A strong smell drifted into her nose. It was something she couldn't really describe... a mix of...sweat, shampoo...and...what was that? Toothpaste?

But more importantly that smell brought back feelings. 

'Hyejeong... do you remember me? I'm Seolhyun...' Seolhyun stammered

Hyejeong didn't reply. She was intoxicated in Seolhyun's smell. Her mind was still hazy. She was getting small fragments of events. Here and there, this place and that. But just the mere feeling of holding Seolhyun in her arms..it felt so right, so normal. Almost if she had done this a milion times.

Come on Shin Hyejeong REMEMBER! Who the hell is this y girl in your arms right now?

Hyejeong released Seolhyun, and Seolhyun let out a small cry, almost complaining from the lost of her source of warmth. Hyejeong brought her arms to Seolhyun's upper arms, holding her firmly in place. She spun Seolhyun around, looking at her left and right, fowning. Still, she couldn't fathom the girl in front of her.

'I'm sorry...... I can't......'

Seolhyun gave Hyejeong a smile. A sad, yet beautiful smile.

'Thats's alright... I guess..we should go back down now...'

'Yea...'

The two walked side by side to the doorway. By instinct, Seolhyun took Hyejeong's hand in her own, like she always would. Hyejeong cleared at the gesture, and Seolhyun immeditaely retracted her hand. Hyejeong walked behind Seolhyun, her hand on fire.

What the hell was that? It's just my hand...were we really that close? And why is my heart beating so fast?

They got back to the hospital room, and nearly everyone stood up, seeing the two arrive together.

'Hyejeong...' Yuna started.

Seolhyun shook her head, looking the ground. ' She can't.'

'Oh...'

The whole room fell silent once again.

The doctor walked in, and started,

'Uh..regarding paitent Hyejeong. During the crash, she sustained some minor physical damage to the back of skull. We're guessing that something blunt hit her with a large force. Your head itself is in good safe, you should consider yourself lucky. Just get a little more rest, and you should be ok. However, regarding your brain....the shock must have damaged it, resulting in your current state. There's no scientific explantion to how long this will last though. We've had many paitents like you before, some get their memories within days, or even hours. Some don't get them back for weeks, and some....they never get them back......just keep a positive attitude, and don't stress yourself these coming days. You should be fine that way. We can't help you with your brain...but it might help if you keep a open heart......that's it ok? You're free to go home to get some rest. I'll write some letters regarding your school, you should be able take the week off.'

Some don't get them back for weeks, and some....they never get them back...

Is that is? Are my times with Hyejeong just gone? Just like that?

Those words hit Seolhyun like a train. She felt an arms wrap around her shoulder for comfort, but that didn't help at all.

Will she ever remeber me?

Keep an open heart? What if she accepts another....please don''t....

'Seolhyun Hi hi, Seolhyun'

Seolhyun snapped out of her state. She had been in neverland, worrying about her future with her girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend.

'I'll take you guys home...' Jimin offered. 'You can..get through the night right?'

'Yea...' Get through the night with the love of my life who thinks i'm a complete stranger. How do you even expect me to...

'Don't hesitate to call any of us ok?'

Seolhyun nodded.

'We live together?' Hyejeong suddenly blurted out, a puzzled expression on her face.

Every single person turned and stared Hyejeong in the face. Because they didn't know how to react otherwise. Seolhyun didn't look. She just couldn't look. It was too painful for her. Her precious unnie...her memories washed clean by the rain. The terrible, dreadful rain. But it was the bluntness and ignorance of Hyejeong's tone that her. It seemed like no big deal to Hyejeong. But to Seolhyun, this meant the entire world. Living with her unnie...was what got her thorugh the day. And now...

Yuna ticked her eye at Hyejeong, silently indicating Seolhyun. Hyejeong bit her lip, realizing her mistake. Geez, it was like this 'Seolhyun' was her wife. Did they really practically spend their lives together?

During the car ride home, no one spoke. Seolhyn just blankly stared into the window, occasionally wiping a tear fromthe corner of her eye. It was still raining. There was no thunder or lightning, but rain was falling hard. 

The car reached their house, and Jimin said goodnight then left. Seolhyun seemed defeated, as if she had lost her whole world. She brainlessly walked into the house, and put down her things. Hyejeong decided to break the silence.

'Yo Seolhyun... you're sort of a quiet person aren't you?'

'...' How can I even talk to you if you....

'Come on Seolhyun, don't be like that...'

'ME? BE LIKE WHAT?" Seolhyun exploded, tears raining from her eyes. 'SO THIS IS MY FAULT NOW? AND WHY THE WOULD YOU EVEN TALK TO A STRANGER?'

'You're not a stranger-'

'THEN WHO THE HELL AM I?'

'You're.... you are.....my roommate.

'That's correct. I'm just you're roommate.'

'Seolhyun I really don't re-'

'Hyejeong, we used to be so much more than this.'

Seolhyun looked at floor, unable to raise her gaze. Her body was brusied in multipe spots from the crash. Her eyes were red and sore from all the crying. She stood in the centre of the house, contemplating silently. Sadness, rage...boiled together in her heart. She pleaded silently, for Hyejeong, for something. The slighest memory revival from Hyejeong. That would make remove all the sadness from her heart. But she could no longer contain herself. She let her tears stream freely.

'We used to be...something. So much more than this. So,so...much than what are you. The things we accomplished, the times we got thorugh...together.. do all of those mean nothing to you?'

She walked forward, and held on to Hyejeong's shoulders, her eyes pleading.

'I... miss you so much Hyejeong... why can't you just come back to me? Everything was so perfect until..,until... cared for me so much... the old you would never treat me like this. Like a total stranger. Where has your warmth gone Hyejeong. Huh? The caring side of you. Where has all your love gone?'

Hyejeong stared at the floor, biting her lip.

'Do I mean absouletly mean nothing to you?'

Hyejeong hid her face in the palms of her head, shaking.

'I don't remember...'

'DON'T SAY THAT! I KNOW THE OLD HYEJEONG IS STILL IN THERE SOMEWHERE! REMEMBER HYEJEONG! REMEMBER! I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE! i'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!'

'But I...'

Seolhyun let out a cry, then dashed into her room.

'Seolhyun!'

The door slammed shut.

Hyejeong was left all alone in the dark house.

She flipped on some lights, and sat down the couch. What have I just done?

Trust me Seolhyun.. I want to....but I just can't.....

She looked around the house. Everything looked identical the way she remembered...except there were a few items she ddin't recognise. Probably Seolhyun's. The house seemed unusally quiet. Except for the sound of raindrops, there was no noise at all. Hyejeong breathed.

Damn you Hyejoeng and your useless brain...

That girl...... her feelings are true. I can feel it. But why couldn't I react? My body...felt frozen when I saw her cry. I don't know her...but why do I feel pained when I see her cry? 

Hyejeong decided to move on. Seolhyun wasn't THAT close to her right? Give her a couple of days...and she'd be stable again. She decide to take a quick shower, and upon entering the bathroom, a strong sense of deja vu hit her. Square in the face.

This bathroom...it's just a bathroom right? That's all I did in here..right? But that shower...what did I use to do in there?

After her shower, Hyejeong went up to her room. She laid on her bed, and almost immeditaely something wasn't right.

Why did she feel so empty. So alone? 

It seemed like... something was lacking from her bed. A sense of security and warmth. Something to hold on. Hyejeong sat up and took a look around. Her pillow was there. So was her blanket. And her Simba lion plush was also there.

What the hell was missing?

She lied back down on the bed, pulling the covers over her. But her arms...she didn't know where to place them. She left them beside her, she raised them above her head, she tried curling up into a ball. She tried every single sleeping position known to man.

But it still didn''t feeling right. It felt...lacking...

Then Hyejeong realised. Something was missing.

Was it a feeling? Or was she missing a pillow? And why did it seem to be so cold? She remembered she used to go to sleep warm, and wake up even warmer.

How long had it been since she had felt something like this? 

She decided to block all of those of feelings out. That was just the aftereffect of the crash right? She just got accustomed to the hospital bed, so she wasn't feeling comfortable. That was it. Nothing else. Right now, she was a girl, sleeping alone in her own room.

How could her previous life differ from this? Everyone sleeped alone right?

Out of nowhere, lightning flashed across the pitch-black night sky, bringing a deep rumble with it. Hyejeong heard a faint squeal from the other room. 

Was that Seolhyun? It has to be, there's no one else here.

Wait, Seolhyun is afraid of lightning?

Bup Bup

Hyejeong felt her head throb, as if someone had injected lava into her head. Her veins tightened and she gritted her teeth, try to endure the sensation.

What the hell was that? Am I having a seziure? What was I thinking of... Seolhyun and lightning?

Bup Bup

FUCCKKKK WHAT THE HELL IS THIS FEELING!!!!!!!

Hyejeong sat up, panting. Her hand were on the side of her head, gripping her head tightly. Her mind raced, thinking. She looked around frantically, searching.

Seolhyun and lighting...? 

Bup Bup

ARGGHHHH NOT THAT AGAIN!!!!!! What if Seolhyun is afraid of lightning! How the hell am I supposed to help her-

Bup Bup

AIIISHHHHH damn........help her? I....helped her....?

BUP BUP

 

At that moment, the world seemed to stop before her eyes, Everything slowed down, as if held back by some magical resistance. The rain, thunder, all became muted. Hyejeong stared blankly at the wall. Her mind was a completely different story though. Her mind was strained to the point of exploding.

Seolhyun huh...come on...COME ON! Who the hell are you! All that I know is that you're name is Kim Seolhyun. After a crash I woke up to you, and you and my friends told me you were my girlfriend. You...are fairly pretty I guess...but me? Dating someone? What the hell has been going on? You're also...afraid of storms...and from you you said that I used to cuddle you all the times...damnit...... there's such a ring to your name........ahh.... why won't our history just appear!

Hyejeong tried thinking, she TRIED. She searched her brain to the tinest of corners, but still nothing came up. Another whimper came from the other room, and Hyejeong decided she had had it with her memory. 

She marched over to Seolhyun's room, to find out the truth.

Just like she used to.

She opened the door lightly, and stood at the doorframe.

Just how she used to.

She found Seolhyun curled up in ball. Her blanket was wrapped tightly herself, and she was shaking. From time to time theres was a whimper when thunder struck. The cries of help....Hyejeong heard a deep dark history resonating from the voice. A troubled past...and there was sorrow and sadness in the voice...

Why is she so afraid of the rain? At most the sky goes black, and there are a couple of loud noises-

 

Seolhyun.

 

 

Curled up in a ball.

 

 

Afraid of the rain.

 

 

All alone in her room, crying, with no one to help her.

 

 

 

BUP BUP

 

 

Seolhyun...... are you......

Kim Seolhyun...

Ughhhh.....

Hyejeong kneeled on the floor, her legs failing her. Her hands clutched the side of her head, as her brain literally screamed at her. 

 

Thunder struck once more, and Hyejeong winced as Seolhyun let out another whimper.

 

And as lightning struck the ground, Hyejeong's lfe flashed past her eyes.

 

UUghhh, what is this beating inside of my head, it's killing me!!!!!

I....I....am Shin Hyejeong. And you........you are Kim Seolhyun. You're...my roommate... we first met...

The doorway...when you were moving in....... I...... was captivated by your eyes....

Your beautiful black eyes....

Then I caught you spying on me....and staring at me all the time.... and that's...when... I got hooked on you...

You were the first thing that came to mind when I woke up every morning...

Then on a night, just like this, when the rain poured on the earth....you came to me.

You were afraid...you were scared.

And I held you, comforted you...and held your hand until you fell asleep...

After that....I grew. I grew closer to you. I got to know you. I opened my secrets to you. I let you explore my past, my life...

And in return...

You also allowed me into your life.

You allowed me into your beautiful life.

You...also opened up to me, just as deeply as I did to you.

You let me in on your secrets, your deepest darkest fears...

Like the rain for example...

Then we......we accepted each other for who we were......

We grew closer to each other.......

You were bullied one day......and I.....

And I defended you, because I couldn't bear seeing you get hurt......

But I told you I protected you because......because......

Because I was too embarrassed to tell you that I loved you...

But you forced the answer out of me...

And I told you I loved you......

I loved you....

Kim Seolhyun, you were my girlfriend right?

We......we used to do everything together......just like you said......

We...we used to be so much more......

More than...what we are now....

You have the body and the face of an angel...but still your first date was with me...

You don't know how to dress properly...and you still don't...

The way you used to blush when I kissed you...

The way you used to moan when I touched you...

You were always irresistable, and you still are...

The way you could never let go when I held you...

Closely, tentatively...

The way  you snuggled close to me when you fell asleep...

The way our bodies...melted togther....

It felt like I was on..fire...

I was the luckiest person on Earth...

And I threw all of those memories...in the trash...

O Kim Seolhyun what have I done...?

The crash...it was caused by the rain...

The rain....again....

Don't worry Seolhyun.

I'll protect you from now on. I'm contiuning the vow I said.

Whether you decide to accept me or not.....

I'll be you're guardian angel....

Watching over you from afar...or right next to you...

I won't let anything hurt you

I'll make you feel like the safest person on this planet...

I'll keep you warm when you're cold.

I'll keep you ot of harm's way

And if you need me, i'll be there, right beside you.

I'll follow you anywhere, to the ends of the world if you willed it.

I....

I....

I loved you Kim Seolhyun...

And I still do...

WIill you forgive me...?

I remember....everything Seolhyun....

Everything...

Hyejeong got up and walked over silently to Seolhyun's bed.

The girl...looked so vulnerable and helpless...just waiting to be loved...

Hyejeong placed a hand on Seolhyun's shoulder.

'I'm..fine....' Seolhyun whispered under her breath, sobbing.

'You're not fine. You're crying.'

'It's..nothing....i'm just like this sometimes....'

'Are you sure? That' it?'

Seolhyun curled up even tighter.

'Yea...that's all there is...'

'...'

 

'But you're wrong.'

 

Seolhyun froze, trying to understand the meaning of the words. She turned, slowly, and faced Hyejeong.

Through the little light the night provided, Hyejeong could see that Seolhyun had been doing more than crying. She had been pouring your heart out.

'You're crying....because the rain reminds of the.......the accident that happened so many years ago. You've never been able to get over it, and that's why the rain still haunts you till this day.......'

'Hye...Hyejeong?'

'And if something like this happened...I would come over, just like now. I would hold you in my arms, comforting you. I would hold you close to me, letting you feel my warmth. You would hold on to me and refuse to let go, you loved smelling my hair, and you loved shoving your legs between mine.

I'd slowly draw circles over your back, and whisper sweet words into your ears. And just like that, you'd calm down, and as you fell asleep, deeply in my arms, i'd smile and your sweet face, and thank the gods for bringing you into my life.'

'I remember Seolhyun. I remember everythin-'

'HYEJEONG!!!!'

Seolhyun leapt up from her bed, into Hyejeong's waiting arms.

Just like she used to. 

 

 

 

 

 

HEYYY GUY IMMA BACK DID YOU MISS ME? haha at least I missed all of you! My internet connection's back (hell yea), so I guess I can write more frequently now. Did you like the new chapter? I poured my heart into it. I woke up at five in the morning to write the damn thing. It's about t 6:25 right now, and everyone else in my dormitry is asleep. Don't believe me? Check the timestamp, I live in HK, so just minus the hour away. OMG why am I even doing this? Because I love doing this! I've been doing this for quite some time now, and I just want to get something off my heart.

A big shoutout to Isabella28! Congrats on finshing your fic! It was a very touching read...you had me on the edge of my seat! I think I even leaked a tea or two...your writing is so inspiring! And your extreme upload speeds, and your incredible chapter lengths...you might as well be the most talented authr i've met along the way...and your mail are so sweet! You've taught me so much! Isabella Hwaiting!

And also to Rosedongie. I haven't met you for long, but from what i'm seeing, you're one of the funniest people i've met on this site.O... you stupid Hyejeong fangirl, you really like taking showers don't you! *wink* I know you're a rather shy person, but don't worry, open up! There a lot of kind people here, so don't be afraid to send them your thoughts! Authors really need them... Rose hwaiting!

Last but not least, Bringbackthepink. You've been with me the whole way of this journey. From start till end. You've been commenting since I started, and you haven't stopped! After talking to you for a while, you opened up your heart to me. You showed me your world, you introduced me to the world of fanfiction. We share so many similarties, and every time it's so fun! I always have so much to say to you... and I still haven't replied oh ....anyways you're my most precious friend! Your writing may not be as good as other writers, but your ideas work like magic! Ever since I started talking to you, i've gotten so much support and motivation in everything I do (like literally everything), and words can't express how grateful I am of you......it feels like we're connected somehow... Aquarius and Leo right? Someday, I want to go over France to visit you! You and your niece...anyways that's it! I can't believe we have so much in common....i'll be waiting for that movie of yours! We've already got the plot we need right? Bringbackthepink Fighting!

 

And lastly, to all of you that accopanied along the journey. This has been one hell of a ride because of you guys. Just seeing ALL the feedback I get...I makes me want to cry in happiness. Like literally I see new comments, I have to hide myself and smile! It's so touching...some of you are just regular readers on this site, but trying looking at this whole thing from a writer's perspective. You find a sight, where people you barely know, share the dame fantasies and fics with you. You decide to upload yyour own fantasies, and share your world with others. Then, someone, I dunno, perhaps halfway across the globe, actually likes it, and gives you feedback! How incredible is that! I find it so fascinating. It's like we're thing huge community!

Anyways thanks for sticking with me! I think i'll put out a couple of more chapters, then decide what to do with the fic. Seems like a good amount of chapters right? Like around 30-something is a nice number. So thanks again! Don't forget to tell me what you think! By mail or by comment, or whatever way you want. You could even fly to HK tell me. I wouldn't mind!