Chapter 2 If only... - Part 3

Forbidden Love

Although, his selfishness led him to what he is now. Maybe I would have done something similar if it was I. In that same situation, would I have done what SeunGyun had done? I felt a bit cruel, I knew where he was coming from but what he did was wrong. So wrong, that it made me lose my mind. It was better to be friends with him that to hate him. If we got into a fight then the whole group would be in trouble.

I kept on having multiple thoughts all rushing through my mind and yet again this annoying feeling of confusion took over. Lately all I seem to feel is confusion and anger. My skin was messed up, in the last week at least 20 new scars had appeared. They arranged themselves so most of them were visible; I knew that if I didn’t do something about this there would be a scandal on how I got into a fight and how I was netiquette to be part of the group and so on.

While my thoughts swam through my mind, SeunGyun just stood there weeping in front of me. I felt like I had been too harsh. But was I really? He had done the lowest thing in the world. Hire someone to beat up a friend. Who does that anymore? I thought to myself, took a deep breath in, and spoke of what I really felt.

“SeunGyun, believe me when I say that I like you as a friend. I think of you as nothing more or nothing less, and if JiYong chooses to ignore me, then that is his will, I will neither hurt him nor persuade him to be with me, because he deserves far better than me.”  I said with my head in my hands and slid to the floor besides the wall.

I thought of the many times that he held onto me and the many times that he spoke to me of his problems, only now did I realize that he was the person that not only did I treasure but the one and only person that I love with all my heart.