Breaking up? Now back together?

Forbidden Love

I hesitated for a while; my mind was full of thoughts and the possible answers that could come out of and yet as I stood in front of one of my most trusted friends it just seemed that asking this question was right in a way.

“Anko… I know this is a lot to ask of you. But would you mind pretending to be my girl friend.” As she opened I spoke again, “It’s for the sake of Ji, he might think he loves me but it might be just because I forced it on him, I want him to know the possibilities of life.”

There was a long silence, now that I had said it. I couldn’t believe I asked such a question.

“Mm! Sure oppa I’ll do it!” she smiled as if it was just a normal question.

“Thanks, then how about a date tomorrow?” she agreed and we went back into the practice room.

I went towards Ji’s direction when surprisingly Anko ran up behind me and held onto my arm and whispered. “If we are going to act, then let’s just think of this as a huge drama and that means I will act exactly as your girlfriend.” She smiled at me.

“Oh my GOD! I can’t believe this! Hyung you’re not with Ji?” Tae Yang said.

“Who said I was gay?” I replied as I put on my Chae Moo Shin image.

“Ji Yong I’m sorry but this is the truth, I was only playing around. I didn’t think you would take it seriously.”

As I said these words, Anko played around with my hair and just giggled to herself at times, yet Ji was standing right in front of me on his knees with a shocked look on his face. It hurt my heart as I tried to look away from him and concentrate on my ‘new’ girlfriend.

“We should go, there is no point in this party anymore.” I told Anko and she nodded in return.

Anko and I turned around and took a step when I heard Ji’s whimpering cries and a tear ran down my face and told myself –there is always a tomorrow, so I need to be stronger-

After Anko led me to the hostel room she stood there looking at me as I sat down. She was about to open to say something, but I hushed them and only shook my head.

“Don’t say a word, I have nothing to regret. It’s already been done.”

That night no one came home, they were probably with Ji the whole time, comforting him and who know him and Tae Yang might have even started liking each other in the way that me and Ji did but it’s too late now and I knew it too god damn well. I wanted to stay with him for as long as I could, and protect him forever. Then I go and do something like this and for what?! No one but myself, to make it easier for myself and if that’s the case then I guess we know the real me.

We slept through the night uneasily both of us thinking of what to do next and what will happen of the band and every now and then Anko said that if it was ok if I were to help her as well to start of a conversation that seemed to invite the silence in just like a moth to a flame.  

Then finally the silence took over us and we both fell into sleep though we knew that in the morning all hell will lose.

We woke up in the morning at about 6:36 am everyone seemed to be at home since I heard voices outside of the room and they sounded like their usual selves happy and joking around. But who knew that this would actually change as soon as we came out.

“Hey everyone, why didn’t you guys wake us up?”Anko came out, with her face peeking behind my back.
“Oh I didn’t think we needed to disturb you since you guys seemed all lovey dovey~ Ooh and Anko make sure his not just ‘playing around’ this time.” They all smirked as if I was getting bullied like back in my childhood when I was fat.

“Believe you me OPPA is not like that! I’ve known him since he was 3 so don’t bully him ok! He has his reasons.” She shouted and stormed back into my room.

I walked past them quietly what I heard a voice from behind me.

“This is all a big joke right? We… we only just started to become a good couple and you wouldn’t do this kind of low stuff would you?” said someone who sounded so much like the person I love.

“This is the only truth I will tell from this point on wards, I’m already… engaged to Anko and this is the only way of life for me. As my mom had already said I am going to leave this industry as soon as I finish helping my fiancée.”

Everyone around me seemed to hate me apart from the few such as Anko and my mother. Well I was just glad that this was all over, and it’s likely that helping Anko debut will take a couple of months so I’ll probably move out of the hostel and spend my money the way I want and not frigging have to share it right? I went into the bathroom, did my usual thing with cleaning up. Well you know~ shower, brushing my teeth and face wash and all that. After I had finished I rummaged through the fridge and found nothing but some left over rice and an egg.

“Hey Anko wanna get some food from the supermarket. I’ve ran out of food, or do you wanna stay here?” I asked.

“Uhh I’ll be right there I’ve nearly finished brushing my hair.”

“Ok I m gunna stand outside.” After some more waiting, Anko came and we walked side by side.

It was silent for a while, until Anko stopped walking. Her face was red, and for some reason my heart started beating faster as well.

“Oppa, I’ve been thinking. I don’t think that we should be doing this to Ji Young. At least not right now, I know it’s going to be difficult for the both of you and well this whole arranged marriage with me thing. Isn’t that going a bit too far?” I knew that this would happen but I didn’t know she would say this so soon.

“Anko this is for his own good. He’ll be the one that would cry the most and be upset the most when I leave, so why not let him drop this right now huh?” she didn’t seem to like what I had just said.

“This is the last thing I ask of you and anyway, if this succeeds I might even be able to break of the engagement. Come on, you don’t think I know that you had been staring and Tae Yang the whole time?” as I stopped talking I heard something drop on the floor like a bag or something.

So I looked at the direction from which it came from and there stood Ji with his bag on the floor looking at me as if he had seen a ghost. His white skin even whiter to the point that it seemed like it would glow in the sun and his eyes as wide as they would go and he just stood there. And by just looking I knew that he was saying to himself, “Is this true? Or am I just in a dream? I don’t understand anymore.”