Sad Kimchi and the songs of the Dragon

Forbidden Love

“I guess I should go now… or else I’ll probably miss the next plane.”

Everyone looked shocked even DaeSung’s eyes looked big.

“You’re really going to go after what happened to Ji?! Hyung… I didn’t think you were this type.” DaeSung sounded angry for the first time in years.

His words stabbed me in my heart right in the center. The harsh words of truth pained me. Yet, I walked away from them as a tear dropped down my face. I knew that something was different about that surgeon… that cold stare in his eyes, and that crooked smile that was drawn upon his stone face. That was no normal doctor, it was either this, or he held a deep secret.

The reception was alive with noise and doctors, nurses running backwards and forwards trying to fulfill every patients need.

“Excuse me could I talk to the doctor who took care of Kwon Ji Young?” I asked the receptionist.

She nodded, “Ok just wait few moments please… Aah,”

“What’s the matter?” her face grew weary, with full of worry.

“Umm. Nothing.” She smiled, “His in room 666”

I said my thanks and followed the signs that hung off the high white ceilings. But, the closer I got to the room 666, the more people gave me strange looks and shook their heads. My heart started to race for no reason but I hid my feelings and knocked on the only black door that had the numbers 6, 6, 6.

*knock, knock, knock”

The handle turned clockwise and the same doctor was standing there in front of the doorway.

“Hello, Mister?” he asked me in English.

“Mr. Choi and you must be Dr.Peterson right?”

“Yes, yes that’s right, you must be Mr. Kwon’s visitor is there anything you would like to ask me?” his eyes were half closed and looked slightly mad.

“I would like to look at his full diagnosis, my father is the owner of the Seoul hospital and I know quite a bit about medical diagnosis.”

His face turned grim.

“Hmm, I see Mr.Choi. You’re a very smart one, well let me tell you something T.O.P. Your friend is sure to have amnesia. I thought I should have left it a secret, but I guess it’s not possible with clever people like you.”

“Well, my mother has always said I was from an intelligent backgrounds.” And with that I left the room.

I thought that maybe this was for the best, he would forget me and no one would get hurt. Maybe he would finally get married and have children. We would both go in our own paths.

2 hours later I was sitting in business class section of the plane drinking my fancy champagne and eating gourmet food that didn’t taste any different to the normal food that I had every single day, if not worse.

During the 12 hour flight to Australia I didn’t get a wink of sleep all that was running through my head was the thought of what’s going to happen in my life next… Was it going to be a pointless life where I had to get married to a rich girl, treat her nicely and have two lovely kids with a dog called Alexander… It all just didn’t seem like something that I wanted to do. My whole life goal was to become very well known in the entertainment industry through my rapping skills and to inspire others.

 I hadn’t realized that it was already night time and people were starting to order their food, the young lady who served me had a sweet, flirty smile on her face.

“Have I seen you from somewhere?” she asked with her sleek voice.

I shook my head from side to side and said “no, I think your mistaking me for someone else.”

The young lady looked unhappy, placed my dish in front of me and left with a fake smile on her now ice cold face.

I opened the tub of rice and the other side dishes and as soon as slice of kimchi entered my mouth the reminiscence rushed through me. The way JiYong cooked and how he would get shy whenever I complemented his dishes… and the fact that I would never be able to experience that moment again.

The only way that I can rid myself from this never ending loop of misfortune is listening to the few songs that Ji wrote. But hey look at the bright side, at least I make my step parents happy.

I slowly slid the large headphones over my head and gently pressed the play button allowing Ji’s music to calm my senses and with that I drifted into the land of dreams, hopes and imagination.