The beauty of dreams...

Forbidden Love

My dream this night was a very special one, something that I had never experienced before. It was the first time in a very long time that I have had a proper sleep and a proper dream. It was as if I was in another world, a brighter one at that.

“Hey get up! We don’t have much time left~ Stupid Hyung.” said someone while shaking me nonstop.

“Argh! Stop already!” I said and threw him over and opened my eyes.

When I opened my eyes all I saw was a figure that was similar to Ji, no he was Ji, but with cat ears, and even a tail!?

“Wha…Wha… WHAT!!!! Since when did you have cat ears and a god damning tail?” I asked in shock.

“What do you mean? It’s not like you can talk you have wolf ears, tail and even fangs! I leveled up last week don’t you remember?” he stated.

-This has to be a dream, no way in this world can you level up and get ears and tails on humans. No wait he said I have a tail as well!-

A soft black bushy tail appeared from behind me, it amused me for a few seconds until I got a little bit freaked out at how realistic this was.

“Ah sorry, I’m a little forgetful today, do you mind explaining the leveling up system?”

“Oh for goodness sake why are you like this? You’re two levels ahead of me and yet you act like this? Seriously?!” he continued on even though he was bit angry. “For the seventh time here we go. The leveling system on planet Animatasia is regulated by city or village leaders, they have a weekly test on a whole range of tests ranging from levels 1 to a 100. Currently you are on level 87 so a very high ranking animatrian*, which means. You can transform into any creature and/or steal its features, except from dragons, phoenixes, centaurs and any other legendary creature.”

“My god that was a long lecture, since when did you become this smart?” I asked jokingly.

“Since I reached level 45.” He said with a smug look on his face.

“So, I’m already 42 levels ahead of you? Ha-ha you’re so weak.”

He did look very happy and left the rooms rambling about, breakfast or something. All I head was breakfast and mutt. I guess by mutt be meant me.

I lifted myself out of my bed, my body felt lighter and more relaxed. There was a mirror on the back of the door, but the figure stood there looked barely anything like me. I was a very strong built and very hairy, a lot like a wolf, no more like a werewolf. My ears were sharp, they were mixture of silver and black, my eyes were red. They seemed to change if I had stared for too long . However, the tail that swished from side to side behind me looked magical. It was a magical tones of black, silver, gold and red.

 In the sunlight that peered from the open window made my tail appear twice its size and conveyed a humongous shadow to my left and onto the cold stone floor.

My legs were strange as well, they were no longer a human shape, but had morphed into a wolf’s hind paws. –Maybe that’s why I felt lighter- I thought to myself. Though it was so comfortable to move in my new body, I ran around the room to get used to these new legs. To my surprise my speed had increased, my agility was at its top form, not it was even better than that.

“Hey you better eat!” said the cat version of Ji.

I ran out of the bedroom, still getting used to my new abilities and it turned out that there was something on the floor.

“This?” I asked.

“WOW! No way! How did that get in here?”

“What is it?”

“What do you mean what is it! It’s a dragon egg that’s what it is! Man you should take care of it! Next time tell me.”

The large silver object, very much shaped like an egg seemed to be staring at me. –Oh well, it’ll probably hatch in a minute or so- I thought to myself.

I gazed over at the rustic table that was at least 30 years old. It was cracked at places but still looked usable. The surface was covered with a simple white silk sheet, on it there were numerous plates all filled up with delicious looking dishes. They all smelt very nice, all the different colors that I wasn’t sure that they were edible but seemed to tell me to eat it straight away.

“Come on eat! We have to earn some money today. Seriously, I wonder if anyone at level 80+ is poor and here you are, with no house or any money. I am telling you this is the last day you stay here.” Ji said.

“Aah, sure. Well anyway let’s eat. I’m starving.”

I sat down at one side of the table and started eating some of this weird yet very nice cuisine. There was a leg of some kind of bird or something. It was about the size of a turkey leg, but was a weird burgundy shade. I picked up hand and bit into it, well at least tried to. My canines were longer and sharper than before so it was hard to chew.

“Use the fork. You know you can’t eat chorki* legs like that. I mean with those teeth, all you can do is kill a couple of chorkis or even dragons.” Ji said as he came toward.

I nodded and lifted up the knife and fork that lay on the table beside my plate. I thought it would be difficult to pick it up with the claws that were placed on my fingers.

“Oh my god! De-equip them already. No one will attack you. Or have you forgotten?” I nodded. “Think de-equip claws in your head. But you’ll still have mutt claws left. Well at least you’ll be able to pick up stuff.”

I did as he had told me to and sure as well they disappeared. Then I shyly picked up the knife and fork, it was still difficult with my own nails or claws if you would.

“Is this really how we have been living? Leveling up and just scavenging for money by killing monsters?” I asked.

“Sure, how else will we live? I mean you have to be a level 100 to buy a city and well that costs millions. So yeah this is how I’ve been living.” Ji said.

I finished off my food and went to the sink that Ji was standing in front of, he looked happier than ever. It had been a long time since I saw him smile like this. Nevertheless, somewhere in my brain, I knew that this was just a mere dream.

-----------------------------------------------

  • Animatrian= a type of humanoid, usually a mix between a mammal and a human

  • Chorki= popular type of bird that is used for cooking.