150901

#ScenariosWithIrene
150901
 
Irene didn't say anything and just averted her gaze. What's your response?
 

I don't like it when she looks away. I want her to keep looking at me. To keep smiling at me. It may be selfish but I think I want that smile all to myself...

 

But I don't want to be a selfish person. Irene is a very precious girl and everyone needs to know that.

 

My phone suddenly beeps, disrupting my wandering thoughts. The text I received came from Wendy. "Wendy's bored and wants to hang out. Is it okay if I invite her here?" I ask Irene.

 
Irene almost makes a frown on her face when she heard the familiar name, but she keeps her face serene and composed, "Oh... Of course, uhm... sure, why not?" she says. What's your response?
 
"Hey, why so glum? Come on, I promise you we won't make you feel left out or anything," I reassure her.
 
Irene nodded, heaving an inaudible sigh, and then she forced out a smile. What's your response?
 
I know that she's not that all good with it. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested the idea in the first place... "Or, you know, if you feel that Wendy and I might be a bother then we could just hang out someplace else."
 
She frowns, "N-No. Tell her to come here. She... must be really bored." What's your response?
 
"You know I'll only let her here if it doesn't bother you."
 
"It doesn't..." Irene said, looking away. What's your response?
 
"Irene," I try to meet her averting eyes. "I know that it does. And it's fine, really. Wendy and I could hang out somewhere else. She's my best friend and it's been a while since we actually spent time with each other."
 
Irene bit her bottom lip, "Okay..." she looks down and hugs the pillow, tightly. What's your response?
 
Urgh! I'm so torn right now. I don't want to leave Irene alone here but I also don't want to leave Wendy hanging. Why can't I just hang out with both of them at the same time? "Ugh! I feel bad..." I groan in frustration.
 
Irene stares at her hands, "Why...? Acee, if you feel bad about leaving me alone here... don't worry, I'll be fine." What's your response?
 
"Will you, really? You never like being alone."
 
"Well, yeah... I think, I will." Irene stares into space. It's not that she's pushing you away right now, she actually wants to spend the whole day with you, but she doesn't want to be selfish. She knows that Wendy needs you too. What's your response?
 

I play with my phone worriedly before finally knowing what to do. I send a reply to Wendy: "Hey, Wen! Sorry I can't hang out today :( But I can definitely hang out with you tomorrow! Love you <3"

 

I turn to face Irene and shake her arm. "Hey, I told Wendy I'll hang out with her tomorrow instead. You have a date with Bogum so I can meet up with Wendy. So for today, I'm free."

 
Irene blinks, "Huh? But I thought you said you'd hang out with Wendy today? I think she's really bored, you know..." What's your response?
 
I wave a hand dismissively. "She'll be fine. She's Wendy Son - social butterfly with many friends. Wen will eventually find someone else to hang out with for today."
 
"Ah. But... Acee, why did you choose not to leave?" Irene turns to look at you, "Is it only because you know that I don't like being alone...?" she asks, tilting her head. What's your response?
 
"Well...yeah...I guess?" I try to construct a better answer so that I could express myself better. "I mean, I'd hate myself for leaving you here when I know you don't like being left alone."
 
"Don't you hate yourself now for leaving your best friend hanging?" she chuckles. What's your response?
 

"I promised her that I'll be hanging out with her tomorrow so it's all good," I smile.

 

I receive another text message and see that it's from Wendy: "Awwww it's okay. Tomorrow will be great! Let's meet up at the usual, yeah? See you tomorrow then~ LOVE YOUUUU! 😘😘😘"

 

"See, I told you it would be fine," I tell Irene, showing her the text.